1/350TH Polar Lights CLASSIC Enterprise PRE-ORDER!!!!

Huh...all these people complaining about this kit not getting released...people look at the thread and no replies...oh well, maybe there isnt any interest in this kit after all.

any idea why it's double what the A cost? (actually close to triple, the original release was $55 I think)

and it says:
This is expected in stock in late 2011

I love it, and I'll buy the kit, but until they show some pics, not much to get excited about...

Yeah, the price is an object for me. Would love to have one but "Ouch".
I bought 2 NX-01's and 2 Ent-A's and I will be lucky if I can get this one!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Round 2 is soliciting orders for this model, but they deny that it has been approved, announced, or otherwise put into production. It is subject to delay or cancellation. Specific details are unknown and subject to change. Price is subject to change.

Prices on models are getting outrageous these days.

The " biggie " for me here is this, there is NO official
plans to make this.. I want a 350 TOS as much as the
next guy! But if all this preorder thing is, is Round 2 trying
to gauge enough interest to see IF it's worth spending the
money on it to actually do it then I'm not getting excited about it...

To me, it just still means it's not getting made.... :unsure

I'd love this kit, but here in the UK (London) the Polar Lights 1/350 Refit Enterprise costs a jaw dropping £99.99 (or approximately $160 !!!!)

Even Moebius Models' Moon Bus is £50 ($80)

I would dearly love a Classic Enterprise and the C-57D but plastic models of this size are prohibatively expensive here !

I don't understand, is this Culttvman doing this on their own? If Round2 hasn't announced the kit, how the Ef do they know how much to charge? :confused

I mean, if this is an "official" case of Round2 putting out "feelers" through Culttvman, then fine. OK I will sign up. But is this just CTVM acting on their own? Can anybody confirm? I guess I could try emailing R2 directly...

I kind of like to know that a product will actually exist before I agree to buy it. :lol

karl

The " biggie " for me here is this, there is NO official
plans to make this.. I want a 350 TOS as much as the
next guy! But if all this preorder thing is, is Round 2 trying
to gauge enough interest to see IF it's worth spending the
money on it to actually do it then I'm not getting excited about it...

To me, it just still means it's not getting made.... :unsure

Exactly...

I read this the other day

Hot News from Round 2...1:350 Enterprise - HobbyTalk

Phantomstranger said:
I regret to inform everyone that NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN MADE.

The "news" is essentially a book keeping error. I was asked for my plan for the year, not knowing that that information would be used to generate a distributor price list. When I found that’s what it would be used for, I advised that late year product especially this one is extremely tentative and probably shouldn’t be on there. I was told it would only be given to distributors and never be for public consumption and that distributors were used to the schedule moving around or being adjusted. Though the kit is on our plan, we have not gotten approval on costs. If the kit were to be taken off of our 2011 plan, we would insert other new smaller kits of subjects to be determined. We will announce at Wonderfest 2011 whether the 1:350 kit will be released in 2011, 2012 or dropped from consideration altogether.

I'm going to find a cave...

I don't understand, is this Culttvman doing this on their own? If Round2 hasn't announced the kit, how the Ef do they know how much to charge? :confused

I mean, if this is an "official" case of Round2 putting out "feelers" through Culttvman, then fine. OK I will sign up. But is this just CTVM acting on their own? Can anybody confirm? I guess I could try emailing R2 directly...

I kind of like to know that a product will actually exist before I agree to buy it. :lol

karl

Also, want to rear this thread over at HT...

Make Your Voice Heard! Order Now! - HobbyTalk

It's pretty much EXACTLY what I thought... There is NO kit
on their schedule to be made.. There's the " possibility " it
will be made in later 2011 if they see enough support by way of
pre-orders... :unsure

CultTVman put up a ton of preorders from several companies... some of these kits are pretty remarkable! Reissued AMT TOS D7 Klingon Battlecruiser. 2001 Orion Space Clipper (I'm guessing a reissue of the old Aurora kit). A new TOS Enterprise kit "glow version from Tholian Web" which I guess is the ship in glow-in-the-dark plastic?

And what is up with the "Strange Change Time Machine"?! Before I followed the link I thought they meant THIS

ishackimage.jpg

I had that as a kid, I loved that thing! I would totally buy a repop. Mm.... smell that burning plastic. :lol:thumbsup

Classic USS Enterprise 1:350 Premiere Edition from Polar Lights/Round 2
Aurora Tyrannosaurus Rex reissue from Atlantis
Deluxe Bela Lugosi Dracula and his Victim from Moebius
Battlestar Galactica Viper Mk VII from Moebius
Battlestar Galactica Cylon Centurion from Moebius
Land of the Giants Spindrift Mini-Kit 1:128 scale from Moebius
Elivra, Mistress of the Dark from Moebius
Batman The Dark Knight Bat Tumbler 1:25 scale from Moebius Models
Batman The Dark Knight Bat Pod 1:25 scale from Moebius Models
Batman The Dark Knight Figure Set 1:25 scale from Moebius Models
Iron Man Mk VI 1:8 scale from Moebius Models
Black Widow from Iron Man 2 1:8 scale from Moebius Models
Space Clipper Orion from Moebius Models
Aurora Moonbus Display Model from Moebius Models
Lost in Space Space Pod Display Model from Moebius Models
USS Enterprise Tholian Web Glow kit from AMT/Round 2
Leif Ericson spacecraft reissue from AMT/Round 2
Men in Space 1:200 scale spacecraft set reissue from AMT/Round 2
Dark Shadows Barnabas Collins reissue from MPC/Round 2
Dark Shadows Werewolf reissue from MPC/Round 2
Strange Change Time Machine reissue from MPC/Round 2
Deluxe 1966 Batmobile kit from Polar Lights/Round 2
Spiderman reissue from Polar Lights/Round 2
Captain America reissue from Polar Lights/Round 2
Spider-man snap kit from MPC/Round 2
King Kong from Polar Lights/Round 2
Classic Klingon Battle Cruiser reissue from AMT/Round 2
Enterprise C reissue from AMT/Round 2
Mercury 9 Spacecraft from Pegasus Models
Aurora’s Gold Knight reissue from Revell

Last edited:

karl

Ohter venders are taking pre-orders as well.

Actually quite a few pics here at the blog post

Polar Lights Model Kits: iHobby Recap! | Collector Model

In addition to the "UFO Mystery Ship" which they already released, they are also coming out with the original Leif Ericsson version!

ishackimage.jpg

Return of the AMT 1/200 Man in Space Rocket set! (don't worry, they seem to have displayed the Apollo modules down at the bottom there... :lol)

ishackimagep.jpg

Lots of Trek... and yes it looks like they still have the '09 Abramsprise on tap...

ishackimageg.jpg

Glow in the dark Defiant...

ishackimage.jpg

Klingons off the starboard bow!

ishackimageb.jpg

And yes the infamous Romulan Bird O Prey...

ishackimagej.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back