1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Gang,

Minor updates. I've been working the pinstripes and trying to get all the panels and stripes to align. Had to make a few adjustments... so far so good! :)

The pinstripes close to the center edge are too close to each other
20121204_192552.jpg

20121204_192601.jpg

The stripes are not even on either side
20121204_192735.jpg

After removing and adjusting the stripe 1/4 in on the rt side back panel - they look a little more even
20121204_194330.jpg

20121204_194303.jpg

I'm really looking forward to making these next 4 panels. This will complete the "shell" of the cockpit and enclose everything! :)

Stay Tuned!

SK01, I will brah but it'll have ta wait till tomorrow because I have a Dr's appointment in th' morning I'm lovin' th' pinstripes great job brah. Keep up th' good work. :p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

awesome work, very nice!

Thank you very much! The compliments help the process and force me to do my best! I will not compromise on this effort! :)

SK01, I will brah but it'll have ta wait till tomorrow because I have a Dr's appointment in th' morning I'm lovin' th' pinstripes great job brah. Keep up th' good work. :p:cool:

No worries at all! We just appreciate your taking the effort and time to record it. :)

So there I am, around 4:21, taking a breather from audio editing, sat down with a cup of tea ...And WHOOMP! There it is!! On me telly box!!!

What a ride it's going to be :D Very cool interview guys, great publicity too.

Hi W,

It's been a heck of a ride so far! I can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Hi Gang,

Started to prime/prep the switches to receive some paint and starting another panel to be pinstriped!

20121205_191607.jpg

20121205_191534.jpg

More to come!

It's like a international movement type project, contributors are international wide Awesome!!!! :p:cool:

At least you look like you know what you're doing. I look like a crazy guy.

I already thanked Matt on his FB page for the video. I think he did a great job considering what he had to work with (my crazy face).

And Stinson, I made sure Matt gave your 3D models some screen time!

Thanks, I saw that. I was pretty exciting to see my work there.

Hey SK01, I saw th' video it's great ta put a face to a username excellent job brah. :p:cool:

Hi Rysjin,

Thank you, my friend! You guys have been so supportive throughout this build! I really appreciate all the kind words. :)

I have a feeling this build will become legendary.:thumbsup

I hope you're right! :)

Already has man... Already has... ;)

Very humbled. Thank you. :)

It's like a international movement type project, contributors are international wide Awesome!!!! :p:cool:

It truly has become an international effort. Anybody and everybody who wants to help are welcome with open arms. :)

Hi Gang,

I've been looking at screen grabs and watching the movies frame by frame... I know what you're thinking... "uh oh" well... you're kinda right.

As you know I bought a buttload of LED Christmas Lights. As cheap as they were and as "functional" as they were and looked, they just don't deliver or have the same visual impact as much as an actual LED would. I've been looking at flat head LEDs and I think that's the way to move forward. I think these are very sleek and visually appealing.

Sample: http://www.betop-led.com/encpmore.asp?id=250

These are single LEDs which means a LOT of wiring but with far more options and applications - dimming, flashing, etc. If we want the panels to look screen authentic - this is the direction we should take.

As always... if anybody has any guidance or suggestions please feel free to post any comments. :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back