1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

She's dead Jim.
Sorry. Wrong genre (for now ;)
We lost the 4'x8' CNC at Mindgear tonight. We have a backup machine and will be back to cutting parts out hopefully soon.

Sorry for the lack of participation here. But Greg does an amazing job of documentIng what we do.

We have a close group of volunteers and we find it hilarious that we're being called ILM. we've renamed our chat room appropriately. :)

The Facebook page for the project went live last night and is well over 1000 likes already! There will never be as much updated stuff and photos on there as here but we'd appreciate everyone that reads and cares about this build to go over and like the page and comment on the photos. We're trying to stir enough interest to get the attention of magazines and other online publications.

https://www.facebook.com/fullscalefalcon/

I like looking behind the scenes, the wiring work is great. Amazing detail. it shows just how much work does into making the front effortless.

Well done to all the group.

Hi Gang,

You read right. Hang your head down in a moment of silence for the CNC machine. We lost the battle last night and it looks like she'll be down and out for several days. But all is not lost.

I was able to finish both Volvo Panels
20151207_171909_zps0jarxsjf.jpg

20151207_171916_zpss2ldos0t.jpg

20151207_171921_zpsa3nbx73y.jpg

20151207_171934_zpsi0b5vy3m.jpg

Waiting for a good home
20151207_172133_zpspr4pispy.jpg

Rockers got some attention
20151207_173434_zps5szkpltz.jpg

I just love it!
20151207_173440_zpsof6er6kz.jpg

Dont you? UGH
20151207_173454_zpsd4f0fdlb.jpg

Sanded down... again
20151207_213852_zpsiry2xnpl.jpg

The guys continued work on the wiring
20151207_222214_zpsrijbbd0b.jpg

20151207_222303_zpse8ce0ghx.jpg

Another panel done!
20151207_222603_zpswq3jegpy.jpg

A cockpit greeblie getting ready for cast/molding!
IMG_23001_zpsikfcmnyg.jpg

I ran out of both sunlight and lumber had to make a run to the local home improvement store for more lumber. By the time I got back I realized it was 9:07 - too late to fire up the power tools... Another UGH...

As Daniel mentioned we're now on Facebook. Check it out!

More to Follow!

Last edited:
I like looking behind the scenes, the wiring work is great. Amazing detail. it shows just how much work does into making the front effortless.

Well done to all the group.

Hi S,

Thanks! Daniel, Jake and Co have done an AMAZING job with the wiring. It looks like a piece of artwork to me. Well done Indeed! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looking awesome as always bro... don't ya hate it with your paint crinkles? Especially if its primer!

Thank you, my friend. Primer I can deal with. That was the final top coat of paint. I let out a few colorful expletives the moment the paint hit!

Hi S,

Thanks! Daniel, Jake and Co have done an AMAZING job with the wiring. It looks like a piece of artwork to me. Well done Indeed! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, my friend. Primer I can deal with. That was the final top coat of paint. I let out a few colorful expletives the moment the paint hit!

:lol Yes, I know what you mean. I let a few fly when I was painting R2 clear coat. :)

I know this will sound crazy, but have you ever considered doing a few castings of some of these parts as a way to help fund it? Probably you have enough to do, but that seems like a cool way to counter the expenditure...

A cockpit greeblie getting ready for cast/molding!
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/... Falcon Build 01018/IMG_23001_zpsikfcmnyg.jpg

I ran out of both sunlight and lumber had to make a run to the local home improvement store for more lumber. By the time I got back I realized it was 9:07 - too late to fire up the power tools... Another UGH...

As Daniel mentioned we're now on Facebook. Check it out!

More to Follow!

Is this an Ironhandle like this?

10782e285b9b8996a9b6e002e95302910.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gang,

Early Morning Update!

The back wall is almost finished! Just need to add the side supports, adhere the skins and then add some primer!
20151208_181724_zpsi3ynk5a3.jpg

20151208_181733_zpsoa6qbjeh.jpg

Ensuring that the trim still fits
20151208_183708_zpsri5ikvpw.jpg

Han side dry fit
20151208_183730_zpslubxxadz.jpg

Chewie side dry fit
20151208_183949_zpsqkxq81si.jpg

Han side interior
20151208_184000_zpsy1ayduxe.jpg

The capstone still needs to be fabricated
20151208_184015_zpsvjfyuibx.jpg

20151208_184023_zpsq4jthdns.jpg

Looking up - Chewie Interior
20151208_184032_zpsewxxqdtv.jpg

20151208_184119_zpsogd6bxay.jpg

20151208_184132_zpscbwvylpn.jpg

20151208_184410_zpsk1igj5gj.jpg

This is how I'm hoping the "skin" will look - still haven't decided on material yet
20151208_184259_zpshpi5qvir.jpg

Nice clean edge :)
20151208_184306_zpsyfgok8ft.jpg

More to Follow!

Isn't it 6am over the other side of the pond in Huntsville right now? That's some dedication right there! I can only imagine the late nights and early mornings that have been put into the construction of this marvellous beast!

I can't say anything about this that hasn't been said before so just wow and thanks for sharing your journey.

I know this will sound crazy, but have you ever considered doing a few castings of some of these parts as a way to help fund it? Probably you have enough to do, but that seems like a cool way to counter the expenditure...

Hi BF,

We've considered it but we dont know how much interest there would be or what the more popular greeblies are. The positive side is that all these parts are manufactured parts so I don't think there would be any issue casting them.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it 6am over the other side of the pond in Huntsville right now? That's some dedication right there! I can only imagine the late nights and early mornings that have been put into the construction of this marvellous beast!

I can't say anything about this that hasn't been said before so just wow and thanks for sharing your journey.

Hi C,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I like to update the thread first thing in the morning. Gives me something to look forward to other than work. ;)

Hi BF,

We've considered it but we dont know how much interest there would be or what the more popular greeblies are. The positive side is that all these parts are manufactured parts so I don't think there would be any issue casting them.

- - - Updated - - -

I know the Episode VII canister greeblie is at the top of my list.

I want a mold of the entire front control console! Wanna turn it into my new entertainment center! :)

I asked first, hands off ;)

Well, okay it's a mold. You can have the first run, I'll take the original :cool LOL

Eitherway, it's an awesome project the builders should be immensely proud off and take pride in the amazing work they have accomplished.

I still want it (hint hint :p).

I asked first, hands off ;)

Well, okay it's a mold. You can have the first run, I'll take the original :cool LOL

Eitherway, it's an awesome project the builders should be immensely proud off and take pride in the amazing work they have accomplished.

I still want it (hint hint :p).

Hey... there are 2 seats... I call Shotgun! :D LOL

I know the Episode VII canister greeblie is at the top of my list.

Hi S,

After the Premiere at the Space & Rocket Center I'm going to redesign the canister greeblie. There are a bunch of new photos of the cockpit emerging and I can already see the differences.

If there is a significant request for the canister I'll consider casting and making molds. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You could probably set up a vote for the top 3 items. Just saying.... but it seems like you have your hands full, haha.

Hey B,

There are SO MANY greeblies in the cockpit. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Again, after the premiere I'll compile a list, post to the thread and see where it goes from there. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I want a mold of the entire front control console! Wanna turn it into my new entertainment center! :)

It's funny you mention that... Daniel and I were chatting just last night about making a few of the CNC files readily available. Just have to get through this push so we can go back and discuss.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back