1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

I am so completely impressed with this project. I hope someday I can somehow get a photo with it. This is beautiful!

Hi Egon,

Thank you very much! These past few months have been so hectic but the best part of the 2 years I've been plugging away on this build. I've been very fortunate to have found such talented guys and gals to work with and who are as equally excited to work on the project. If they can make me look good, who knows what they're capable of! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Please let me know when you're taking this out on the road again. I'd love to see it in person!!!

Hey ADJ,

There are several local shows coming up to include the Dallas / Fort Worth show late summer. And then of course Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim in April 2015. Let's hope something is planned near you. We would love to see ya and compare project notes / stories.

How's your project coming?

You know- looking at the cockpit perspective in your last pics....when this is finished you could have one heck of a Millennium Falcon flight simulator with some large flat displays positioned around the exterior of the windows...

Seriously, this just keeps getting better and better:thumbsup

You know- looking at the cockpit perspective in your last pics....when this is finished you could have one heck of a Millennium Falcon flight simulator with some large flat displays positioned around the exterior of the windows...
Seriously, this just keeps getting better and better:thumbsup

Hi Sith,

We've been chatting about different ideas on how to give the viewer the ultimate MF experience. While it's fun to sit in the cockpit and flip switches... looking out over the console into a sea of people or a computer desk just isn't the same as it would be if there were a star or asteroid field or you were blasting off from Docking Bay 94. We're tossing different ideas around. :)

Dang man, where do you get the money for all this stuff? Nevermind, don't answer that, I don't want to know!!:D

Hi L,

The build has been going on for almost 2 years so I spend a little here and there... I try not to over extend myself. The electronics came from the electronics guys. It does add up, but I manage to pay the bills and save so I think it all balances out. :)

I was going to mention I'm a retired chemistry teacher and frequent a local fast food chicken restaurant... ;)

Hi Gang,

I met up with Philip yesterday afternoon at Mind Gear Labs. Philip is also a photographer and offered to take some photos of the cockpit. We only had a short period of time to play around and only got one photo... but WOW!

Getting ready for the shot
20140331_184541_zps47b040cb.jpg

20140331_185705_zps607f93c4.jpg

Making sure everything is all set
20140331_203416_zpse0edab62.jpg

20140331_184127_zpse6f95f69.jpg

A picture of the picture
20140331_190423_zps69761727.jpg

The Result...
DSC_8695_zpsf27a8640.jpg

High Rez image:
http://fullscalefalcon.com/category/interior/cockpit/#jp-carousel-6971

Thank You, Philip!

More photos coming!

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!! I haven't commented in a while but check the thread everyday. That picture made my heart skip a beat! Words are useless....just WOW :cool:thumbsup
Thanks for making me smile everyday SK & Team! :)

WOW! That shot with the black out windows is just fantastic!! It really is an important step to sit down and just enjoy how far you have come!!

"There are many miles to go, but the road behind you is long and full of great accomplishments."
- Well....me!

OMG!!!!!! I haven't commented in a while but check the thread everyday. That picture made my heart skip a beat! Words are useless....just WOW :cool:thumbsup
Thanks for making me smile everyday SK & Team! :)

Hey BD,

Thank You for the very kind words. We're doing this every fan out there who has dreamed of sitting in the pilots chair. :)

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! That shot with the black out windows is just fantastic!! It really is an important step to sit down and just enjoy how far you have come!!

"There are many miles to go, but the road behind you is long and full of great accomplishments."
- Well....me!

Hi P,

All the credit goes to Philip! He spent a fair amount of time getting the lighting just right. When we have more time we're going to take many more pics. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Only just seen the pics from the last two days.
I am seven again.
Just boss.

Hi SB,

I get the same feeling, my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with You in the cockpit, it's a total different state of mind!!!:thumbsup

Hi A,

It's amazing how just a few blinking lights changes the entire look and feel. The team is getting ready to tackle the cockpit in the same manner we addressed the console. There are still a few hurdles to get past but the team is pumped!

Hi A,

It's amazing how just a few blinking lights changes the entire look and feel. The team is getting ready to tackle the cockpit in the same manner we addressed the console. There are still a few hurdles to get past but the team is pumped!

Can't wait to see!! This is simply epic!! :lol

wow, absolutely speechless at that pic, everything is coming out so great. I have been watching from the beginning and each update is a pleasure to see!! the detail you go into in each post really gives you appreciation for the level of detail going into this project

Hi Gang,

Stopped and picked up some paint for the chairs. They will eventually be upholstered to match but the new color helps with the overall design and definitely ties in with the original color scheme...

20140402_184127_zps12b30252.jpg

What a difference!
20140402_212407_zps9a29400b.jpg

20140402_212417_zps73e10f35.jpg

Not the best photos in the world
20140402_212427_zps7a703450.jpg

20140402_212649_zps05e3e645.jpg

20140402_212656_zps9064c60f.jpg

20140402_212707_zps086eceae.jpg

20140402_221047_zps635d92ec.jpg

More to Come!

The speed you guys are working at is astounding. Having all this extra help must feel like a dream come true!

Hi M,

The past few years have been really exciting. No having a team of enthusiastic fans as myself... even more so! I couldn't be happier. We had a team metting last last night... OH BOY! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to see this beast all weathered up.

Hi Tim,

I'm just as excited as you. I'm looking forward to the day when the cockpit LEDs are all turned on at once... We just might have to video that. :)

- - - Updated - - -

wow, absolutely speechless at that pic, everything is coming out so great. I have been watching from the beginning and each update is a pleasure to see!! the detail you go into in each post really gives you appreciation for the level of detail going into this project

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I had no idea we would wind up where we are from those early days starting with just a few panels. Philip did an amazing job with the photo. I don't think he PSd the image at all. We're planning more photos soon. As you know life tends to get in the awy of the fun stuff...

Thanks again and stay tuned. Lots more on the way!

Hi Gang,

We had a quick team meeting last night and once again, we all have our marching orders. Jessie has been tasked with creating the two upper canopy boxes along with another AWESOME task - Mike and I will be working very closely with her on that. In the meantime, Mike and I are working on a 2D/3D file that will eventually make it to the CNC and Laser & Vinyl Cutters... Once again... more on that later. This part of the project will decide how we move forward in prep for Star Wars Celebration next April.

And finally... Jake, Daniel and I had the pleasure of showing Jessie the CBS Star Wars Holiday Special... I'll let you come up with your own conclusions. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back