1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Multi-talented!

The clothing in the roof on the previously page looks like the kind of clothing inside helicopters and in aviation to stop isolate flames or something. Anyways, looks awesome! :)

Looking great!

As an alternative to the plexiglass, have you considered filling the window openings with wood panels that have printed starfield images applied on them (like wallpaper), perhaps with a Death Star in the front view, etc.?

No one would have known had you not mentioned it!! PLEASE don't go two steps backwards for an inch or so... You've done amazing work and should march ahead at full speed. Besides, I thought this was the prototype for a future build. (?)

Hey C,

I stood in the garage last night for about 15 min completely frutrated with myself and Google... Should I go back and fix everything - the entire canopy would have to be rebuilt or modified - to include the upper side nose panels. I am NOT stepping back that far for a mere 1 inch here and .5 inch there. Maybe WAY down the road I would go back and fix it but right now... I would be out of my mind!

So... I accepted things for how they are, shut off the light, closed the garage door and poured myself a drink. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I 100% concur

I now concur as well... No reason to address it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, don't worry about it. You'll just have to make your own calculations from here on out so that everything matches what you now have. Not the end of the world by any means.

I figure from this point forward will be making my measurements and calculations. In reality, the differences are so tiny they're not worth addressing.

Will be going to the GMX show?

- - - Updated - - -

The horizontal beams look spot on when comparing with ANH/ESB caps, and once painted and aged the verticles will match up nicely too. All good I'd say.

Thank you, Sir. I'm going to march forward. :)

Multi-talented!

The clothing in the roof on the previously page looks like the kind of clothing inside helicopters and in aviation to stop isolate flames or something. Anyways, looks awesome! :)

Hi Kev,

You are correct. I think the designers used the same material - or they found some moving blankets... I'm going to dye the transition padding a grey color this weekend. This weekend will be interesting. I have SO MUCH to do...

Looking great!

As an alternative to the plexiglass, have you considered filling the window openings with wood panels that have printed starfield images applied on them (like wallpaper), perhaps with a Death Star in the front view, etc.?

Hi Smooth,

To be honest, I haven't even thought that far ahead. It is a good idea... But a IMAX style screen / projector would be ideal! Have the MF sitting in Mos Eisley and then you take off on your adventure. :)

Will be going to the GMX show?

Probably not, I'm currently unemployed so I have to keep extra expenses to a minimum. Would love to though. I'm really digging what you're doing and would love to see it up close. Oh well, things have to get better and maybe then I can get up to Huntsville to check it out.

Probably not, I'm currently unemployed so I have to keep extra expenses to a minimum. Would love to though. I'm really digging what you're doing and would love to see it up close. Oh well, things have to get better and maybe then I can get up to Huntsville to check it out.

Hey D,

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation... Wish there was a way I could help out... Things will get better! Let's just hope for sooner rather than later. :)

Tracking down some BtS type photos and noticed the box on the floor on the righthand side of this pic... This one may actually be a tad too big for the panel size but I wonder if it's part of a set of matching flight cases and the next size down is the one we's looking for.

Tracking down some BtS type photos and noticed the box on the floor on the righthand side of this pic... This one may actually be a tad too big for the panel size but I wonder if it's part of a set of matching flight cases and the next size down is the one we's looking for.

[url]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z423/WaveyDD/Odds%20And%20Zods/kershnervader.jpg~original[/URL]

That is a very interesting catch. I would guess it might be part of a matching set. I'm going to try to create 4 of those panels wth MDF this weekend. I was hoping to create 1 and then vacuform but that fell through the cracks... I'm not sure how much time I will have but it is on the list. :)

But what's disturbing is seeing Vader w/o his robes... that's just too creepy looking...

- - - Updated - - -

Keep on going, you're doing great work on that one...:)

Thank you, Sir. This weekend will be another mad dash to the finish line!

The case lid does explain the slight tapered edges on the 4 sections of the panel which I was previously thinking may have been just a side effect of the vac-forming process.

I think the MDF will be a better solution and will hold the weight of the greeblies more securely, the heavy duty switches are heavy.

The case lid does explain the slight tapered edges on the 4 sections of the panel which I was previously thinking may have been just a side effect of the vac-forming process.

I think the MDF will be a better solution and will hold the weight of the greeblies more securely, the heavy duty switches are heavy.

Remember, whatever greeblies they used probably attached to the main panel itself through those plastic panels. It would interesting to see the backside of all those panels to see how they mounted all those greeblies.

I'm hoping I can get to those panels in the next few days. I still have to paint and pinstripe the ESB extension panels (only 4 need pinstriping) before even getting to the ones we're referencing... Should be an interesting weekend... :)

Hi Gang,

This afternoon I was able to knock out the ESB extension platform with casters and apply the first coat of stain.

20131025_185602_zpse80802c0.jpg

Not a very big or exciting update... I am sorry...

Forgive me if you've answered this forever ago, but you ARE going to make this available for rent for events right? Just sayin'. Looking spectacular!

Forgive me if you've answered this forever ago, but you ARE going to make this available for rent for events right? Just sayin'. Looking spectacular!

Hi L,

Thanks! You are the VERY first person to ask that question! I'm not even sure how I would go about making that happen. Kid's parties would have to be a HUGE QUESTION MARK only because kids can get rowdy and start grabbing things (we had a few at the Makers Faire that needed "yanking" from the pit - lol) But in all, I think it's a good idea...

Kid's parties would have to be a HUGE QUESTION MARK only because kids can get rowdy and start grabbing things (we had a few at the Makers Faire that needed "yanking" from the pit - lol) But in all, I think it's a good idea...

If you were thinking about hiring it out you could always make the hirer pay for insurance or put down a big security deposit. Still be scary trusting it with kids but might make it more realistic for grown up parties (where nothing ever gets broken ;) ).

Hi L,

Thanks! You are the VERY first person to ask that question! I'm not even sure how I would go about making that happen. Kid's parties would have to be a HUGE QUESTION MARK only because kids can get rowdy and start grabbing things (we had a few at the Makers Faire that needed "yanking" from the pit - lol) But in all, I think it's a good idea...

I'd much sooner trust the kids from my generation (1970's) with something like this rather than I would kids from the ADD generation (2000's+). Just sayin'...

I'd much sooner trust the kids from my generation (1970's) with something like this rather than I would kids from the ADD generation (2000's+). Just sayin'...

Amen! Most of us would have an appreciation not only for the genre, but the time and effort put into the build while we show our enthusiasm. There were two kids who we had to yank out of the pit and their parents just smiled... Another one jumped on the quad while the parents took pictures... Makes you wonder sometimes...

Hi Gang,

Work on the window channels in moving at a fast pace! I figured out a much easier way... I'm going to hold off on the putting the window channels on the front window arch until after the GMX show. I HAVE to get started on painting both the beams and the ESB panels... Not a lot of time left...

20131026_124054_zpsea37ada0.jpg

This area is now done
20131026_124105_zpsab6832ec.jpg

20131026_125615_zps04ec9aa3.jpg

Done
20131026_131510_zps5d047cfe.jpg

Done Done
20131026_131519_zpse0e91b7f.jpg

Normally I would use filler for the edges but since everything has to be its own separate piece I'm trying to get the window channels as close as possible without any gaps.

Stay Tuned!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back