1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

You should have used gunmetal instead of silver.

Also, hurry up and finish! The Deathstar's tractor beam is pulling us in! HURRY!!!!!!!

You should have used gunmetal instead of silver.

Also, hurry up and finish! The Deathstar's tractor beam is pulling us in! HURRY!!!!!!!

Yeah... I still have a few weeks... I might sand them down and start over... Besides... I'm already at full power, I have to shut down

OH! Red, I'm strongly considering heading out to the Dallas / Ft Worth area (despite being a Redskins fan) for a Con in Feb. Is this near you? Not only will I be showcasing the cockpit, but it will also be used in a SW Fan Film. BUT... I'm creating the linear Falcon nose - which shouldn't take too long.

Nope. I live so far west of Dallas that the typical "texan/southern" accent most people associate with Texas is totally alien to me. Where I live, we sound like Californians. Dallas is more than 600 miles from me.
Okay, holy crap, you live about 30 miles further from Dallas than I do, so I commend your decision if you do make the drive. There just isn't enough in it for me.

Yeah... I still have a few weeks... I might sand them down and start over... Besides... I'm already at full power, I have to shut down

OH! Red, I'm strongly considering heading out to the Dallas / Ft Worth area (despite being a Redskins fan) for a Con in Feb. Is this near you? Not only will I be showcasing the cockpit, but it will also be used in a SW Fan Film. BUT... I'm creating the linear Falcon nose - which shouldn't take too long.

What con? I'm in DFW and would love to make a trip up just to see it.

Hi Gang...
20131022_173327_zps03bc1caa.jpg

Dude, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were copying offa me! :p

attachment.php

I have this same view from my desk.

Nice work on yours. I'm amazed at the detail you've worked into the window frames. :thumbsup If I lived closer, I could bring my crafty "Blueberry Sparkles" paint and make you a starfield on the back of that garage door.

Attachments

• 2013-10-22_21-52-35_921.jpg
    2013-10-22_21-52-35_921.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,556
Last edited:

Nope. I live so far west of Dallas that the typical "texan/southern" accent most people associate with Texas is totally alien to me. Where I live, we sound like Californians. Dallas is more than 600 miles from me.
Okay, holy crap, you live about 30 miles further from Dallas than I do, so I commend your decision if you do make the drive. There just isn't enough in it for me.

That's too bad... would have been fun!

- - - Updated - - -

What con? I'm in DFW and would love to make a trip up just to see it.

Hi T,

This is the Con I'm considering bringing "The Pit"... (Schduled for early Feb - Not the Oct date you see). There are several well known RPFers who will be there / heading up the event as well. It sounds like a blast!

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandays.html

Hopefully I'll have the canopy done by then ;)

You need a wookie to work on your car I think.

I think you're right... It's just one of those things where it's time for these wear and tear issues to start popping up. Unfortunately / fortunately, they are all the high ticket items. I guess it's better to get them out of the way now. BUT GEE WHIZ...

Dude, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were copying offa me! :p

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=245646&d=1382493587
I have this same view from my desk.

Nice work on yours. I'm amazed at the detail you've worked into the window frames. :thumbsup If I lived closer, I could bring my crafty "Blueberry Sparkles" paint and make you a starfield on the back of that garage door.

Copying? No No No... imitating... that's the highest form of flattery ;)

Thanks so much. You're putting in lots of overtime on your space as well. Brilliant execution! Love the canopy. And of course... light speed. Now, are you going .5 past light speed or a little slower. I can't quite tell with the star pattern displacement...

I'm really going for nothing less than screen accuracy. I know we'll never find each and every part they used, but I'm going to try...

- - - Updated - - -

The wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Those are the best kinda Cons!

Last edited:

If I had the money? Sure, why not! :)

It's funny... I was just talking to a friend of mine who has some welding experience and I am strongly considering building a small escape / shuttle pod based on several of the sketches I created several months back. While they wont be screen accurate, I think a small tubular single seat pod (similar in shape to the image above) would be a wonderful addition to the full scale build. This would be a complete build with interior, exterior, lights, etc... all having the same SW look and feel to it.

The pod would have the landing gear extended - thus the welding... I would need a metal sub frame.

I was thinking about #2 and 3
1-5.jpg

Anywho... Any chance I had to go to space. I would take it in a heart beat

Last edited:

Hey Matt,

I had the pleasure of sitting in the same cockpit when it came to Huntsville Space and Rocket Center. It is NOTHING like the original cockpit by any means. I was VERY disappointed. The center console is nothing like the original. Even the pin striping on the all the panels was completely different. Yes, it had the basic shape of the cockpit but that's where ALL similarities ended.

Go for the props and models... :)

Hi Gang,

Well... I just made a very disturbing discovery... Very early on after installing Google SketchUp for the first time, I was getting false measurements (lengths, angles, etc... it even froze up and crashed on me several times). I uninstalled and reinstalled the app 4 times and that eventually fixed the problem. Even Starkiller was perplexed with the number of errors I was getting.

Well... guess what... I just realized that SketchUp is up to its OLD tricks again (yes, I did uninstall / reinstall). The canopy beam measurements are all wrong. The horizontal beam height was mysteriously increased by 1 in. The vertical beam width was also mysteriously increased by 1 inch and then several other misc measurements ranging from 1/2" to 1.5" were found. UGH

For all intent and purposes "The Pit" looks the way it's supposed to but everything is slightly off and that REALLY aggravates me. So, do I continue marching forward "as is" or do I / should I eventually go back and do it right?

Last edited:

No one would have known had you not mentioned it!! PLEASE don't go two steps backwards for an inch or so... You've done amazing work and should march ahead at full speed. Besides, I thought this was the prototype for a future build. (?)

No one would have known had you not mentioned it!! PLEASE don't go two steps backwards for an inch or so... You've done amazing work and should march ahead at full speed. Besides, I thought this was the prototype for a future build. (?)

I 100% concur

I agree, don't worry about it. You'll just have to make your own calculations from here on out so that everything matches what you now have. Not the end of the world by any means.

The horizontal beams look spot on when comparing with ANH/ESB caps, and once painted and aged the verticles will match up nicely too. All good I'd say.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back