007's new "skyfall" PPKS

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg
[/QUOTE]
snap I want one

The project I'm working on uses a very similar BB gun. Making the grips look right is a major PITA.

I've got an Umarex BB gun that no longer works. I've been keeping it around just a misc. prop. At least with this I think I can take the other side of the grip off, but I'd have to see about making the new grips. Anyone making just the grips themselves?

I assumed this new PPK/s was simply a modified S&W, but seeing it again in the screencap makes it evident that it's not. I suppose, in the movie, it's custom made by MI6.

Anyhow, for those of you comparing frame differences between the PPK and PPK/s, it varies between manufacturers, although the US-made Interarms are practically clones of the German original in terms of shape. When the US passed legislation requiring certain specs to be met for all firearms that are imported, Germany started making the PPK/s, but the frame varied from the PPK primarily in the longer grip for the extra round. The parts were still being made in Germany and imported here until rights were transferred to Interarms, upon which everything was manufactured here, but the slides on the PPK and S were still same at this point. Later, when S&W took over, they made the beaver tail longer long with further modifications to the slides and barrels which completely distinguished the PPK from the S.

Since the Skyfall PPK/s cannot be made functional, I only want to find out what model PPK the Craig Bond uses before receiving this new one. At the beginning of Skyfall, you can clearly see him using a PPK that has the long, S&W tail, but I always assumed this isn't the case with the Quantum PPK (along with the one used by the Brosnan Bond), since they're a .32 ACP (7.65 mm) and they're scarely made by S&W. For a long time, I've been looking to get a PPK to serve as both a functional pistol as well as a replica of what appears in the movies (nailing two birds).

Bond and Eve are both using the PPK in the beginning/end of Skyfall not the S&W PPK. I think someone mentioned that the scroll marks on the PPK indicate it is from around 1962

SkyfallPPK.jpg

When it comes to the biometric PPK a member posted this in another thread
"The gun used for the action shots was a live firing modified PPK with a non functional grip cast from a 3D printed master fitted over the top of the existing grip. No pics to date have surfaced in the public domain of this version. The 'hero' one you see for the shot above was actually a resculpted hybrid cast in resin that used a PPK/S slide on a resculpted PPK frame, hence the added lengthened bevel above the trigger guard."

Well if you REALLY wanted a functional ppk with this mod I'm sure someone could take a crimson trace laser grip for a ppk and modify that to work with the 3 led light tail bit instead of the laser (or keep the laser too!). If you wanted to go further the grips could be reworked to look more screen accurate. The on/off switch could be modified for red/green lights... then you just switch it to green when you are handling it.
LG-480-L.jpg

Theres a number of different models out there...
643812.jpg

Or you could go for a 4th gen clip on rear activation model and have a beaver tail bit to work with already.
Crimson%20Trace%20Glock%204th%20Gen%20rear%20act.jpg

Edit: For those that might not be familiar with it, the laser turns on only when you grip it even if the switch is on.. so modifying it to always be on (which it should be anyway) you could use the switch for red when someone else grips it, green for when you grip it.

Last edited:
That's a good idea. The way I have my gun set up is when I grip it, the LEDs turn on. If you we're to grip it, nothing happens. Trying to duplicate the grips has been a pain for me given that I have never made a set of grips before. I think they will be close when I'm done, but not the spitting image.

That's a good idea. The way I have my gun set up is when I grip it, the LEDs turn on. If you we're to grip it, nothing happens. Trying to duplicate the grips has been a pain for me given that I have never made a set of grips before. I think they will be close when I'm done, but not the spitting image.

Awesome, I saw your earlier posts with the ring activation I believe. Pretty cool so far.

Just bought myself a new Umarex PPK(BB). I'm so happy. Now I won't feel so bad for prying off the right-side grip on my busted one with the silver slide.

Sure, I'll post some pics tonight. I though it's Umarex, that's what my first one was that I bought in 2001. I know there's a cheaper Japanese version, but I went for the more expensive one. It was like $120, with taxes came out to $146.

Ok, this is the one I bought today. I'm really pleased with it. Of course I will have to cut off the end of the retention screw. It's not seen in these images but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back