“Wednesday” From Tim Burton Coming To Netflix

I don't know if anyone else has started watching this yet, but I watched the first two episodes last night and hugely enjoyed them. So far, the show is fulfilling its promise beautifully. There's a nice mystery developing, with lots of nice red herrings and a couple of excellent WTF moments. Jenna Ortega is nailing Wednesday's wonderful deadpan delivery as well as the perfect occasional hint of underlying vulnerability and warmth.

The 'magical school' environment is not hugely original, to be sure, but beautifully creepy and gothic, and the main student characters - are they friends, rivals, deadly enemies? - are all interesting and well-played... room for lots of development. The relationship between Wednesday and Thing is fabulous and really nicely extended from the movies, and I really liked the characterisations of the rest of the family (though we only see that briefly at the beginning of episode one). Gwendoline Christie is splendidly ambiguous, alternating between regal authority and silky menace. And I'm delighted that Christina Ricci seems to have far more of an important role than the cameo I expected.

It's creepy, kooky, and altogether ooky and really does have the true Addams family vibe (watch out for the clever integration of the iconic double finger-click). And Uncle Fester still to come! All in all, a very promising start, and I'm already hooked!
I'm enjoying it too. I agree the magic school thing isn't original but I am happy that at least they didn't make it all about vampires and werewolves. I love how it's just a bit awkward and kooky like the original but they don't take it too far.

I'm only one in, first blush is this is weighted more towards The Burton family than the Addams family.
In till the end though.

P.S. Thing should not flip anyone off.

I watched a video last night on YouTube, where they believe a legal battle is going on right now and that season 2 of Wednesday will be on Amazon.

I for the life of me can’t find the damn video. Anyone else see or hear this?

I watched a video last night on YouTube, where they believe a legal battle is going on right now and that season 2 of Wednesday will be on Amazon.

I didn't find any specific video or lawsuit issue about it, but I did find articles on the fact it may not stay on Netflix.

The short version is that Netflix didn't make the show; MGM made Wednesday, and in early 2022 Amazon and MGM merged.

So the ball is kind of in Amazon/MGM's court on how much they want to get paid for continued rights to be on netflix, or if they want to make their own version.

I didn't find any specific video or lawsuit issue about it, but I did find articles on the fact it may not stay on Netflix.

The short version is that Netflix didn't make the show; MGM made Wednesday, and in early 2022 Amazon and MGM merged.

So the ball is kind of in Amazon/MGM's court on how much they want to get paid for continued rights to be on netflix, or if they want to make their own version.

Basically what I read as well

I did read on facebook that season 2 would be on another platform but did not read why. So you are right that it will change.

Half way through or so. Random observation.... I get a 7 of 9 vibe from the character at times. Some of the lines remind me of things Seven had said as she returned to the world of human emotion, and obsessing on the work at hand.

Half way through or so. Random observation.... I get a 7 of 9 vibe from the character at times. Some of the lines remind me of things Seven had said as she returned to the world of human emotion, and obsessing on the work at hand.
Now that you mention that…

That's not too surprising. Unless MGM had a way to pull season 1 over to Prime, then everyone is going to make more money with season 2 on Netflix, rather than splitting the show, or making a stand alone property as a "new season 1" for prime.

Finished.
Liked.
I did guess who the monster was quite early. Not from clues, I'm not that smart,
just my sense of consuming a lifetime of fictional trickery. My wife reacted enough to the revelation for both of us though. LOL
She figured who the master was where I failed though.
It's a LOT of things other than Addams family that's to be sure. I think they borrowed quite a bit
from a LOT of sources we all probably were thinking while watching, and it's not the same world as the TV show or movies. Way more magical crap going on, far less gags. Some I have to say.. hey fantasy world! Law enforcement/criminal justice/homicide investigations
doesn't work the same or much at all. Catsuits? patch work catsuits... like hmmm what else did Burton direct again? Not hard on the eyes of course.
Bug eyed Burton style monster is too Large Marge cartoony to me to be scary.
Only retro song played at the dance OF course was for Wednesday to do her thing. I wish there was more Lisa Loring's moves in it though.
Was EVERYTHING easy walking distance? LOL Wednesday seemed to get around to all the sites pretty easy.
Fester brought some very needed humor, started to feel like the Addams family again, but gone too soon. Thing brought some to the table too when he could. But I still do not approve of him flipping the bird. Though I guess there is not much else he can do to express himself in that way.
Wednesday was given almost all the wise cracking darkly, others didn't get to be very funny.
Enid stole tons of scenes, I think I am impressed with her as much as Wednesdays portrayal. The young males were rather boring,
for most of the season. I could see why Wednesday wouldn't be very interested in any of them.
Bee kid was the best, he had some PASSIONS! I see why she would want to be his friend. I'd like to see him mature and who knows, maybe Wednesday would fall for him.
As thing was dying, Wednesday was effing coming apart and you could see it, great acting scene. Satisfying hug scene of course from so much
holding back. And really, we are going to carry the whole Hyde thing into the next season? I'd rather they had zipped that up. And of course
there was no clear ending depicted for Thornhill. She'll be back. Duh.

Acting wise, Ortega and Myers blew this thing out of the water.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back