“Wednesday” From Tim Burton Coming To Netflix

Gimpdiggity

Master Member
47628B93-8C0B-4D67-B59D-FBF3F7D560C3.jpeg

Could be interesting...

I hope they find a way to bring Christina Ricci in to this and that they write her a role that makes her want to do it instead of just some lame fanservice cameo. Obviously she won't be Wednesday since they're making it a YA series, but some integral role would be awesome.

I hope they find a way to bring Christina Ricci in to this and that they write her a role that makes her want to do it instead of just some lame fanservice cameo. Obviously she won't be Wednesday since they're making it a YA series, but some integral role would be awesome.
Sounds like it will heavily feature a school...she’d be PERFECT as a teacher!!!

I don't know if anyone else has started watching this yet, but I watched the first two episodes last night and hugely enjoyed them. So far, the show is fulfilling its promise beautifully. There's a nice mystery developing, with lots of nice red herrings and a couple of excellent WTF moments. Jenna Ortega is nailing Wednesday's wonderful deadpan delivery as well as the perfect occasional hint of underlying vulnerability and warmth.

The 'magical school' environment is not hugely original, to be sure, but beautifully creepy and gothic, and the main student characters - are they friends, rivals, deadly enemies? - are all interesting and well-played... room for lots of development. The relationship between Wednesday and Thing is fabulous and really nicely extended from the movies, and I really liked the characterisations of the rest of the family (though we only see that briefly at the beginning of episode one). Gwendoline Christie is splendidly ambiguous, alternating between regal authority and silky menace. And I'm delighted that Christina Ricci seems to have far more of an important role than the cameo I expected.

It's creepy, kooky, and altogether ooky and really does have the true Addams family vibe (watch out for the clever integration of the iconic double finger-click). And Uncle Fester still to come! All in all, a very promising start, and I'm already hooked!

So a friend's daughter whose 12 had always completely avoided Addams Family anything because it "looked really dumb and why are they dressed like death?" They watched Wednesday together as a family and now she's hooked on all things Addams Family. She is binging everything possible including the 60's series and the original New Yorker cartoons.

In moments like these I recognize the power of remaking things for a new younger audience and remember that even though a remake/reboot may be subpar to me (I did enjoy Wednesday btw) it might serve a greater purpose in keeping the earlier/original material alive.

Addams Family GIF by Artedelsueno

Last edited:
I've watched all episodes. It's pretty's a pretty good series. The only issue I had was the episode with Gomez and Morticia's backstory at Nevermore, where apparently Morticia being stalked, reported it to the police and the police did nothing about it (maybe it's me having a misunderstanding, but someone stalking Morticia is something that she'd more than likely find cute in past iterations, considering all the characters macabre nature of the Addams characters and their world, including the past iterations). But other than that one small thing, overall I had no issues with the show, it's characters or it's story.

I love the girl playing Wednesday. She would make a great Ashoka.

I haven't watched it yet, but I first saw her when my niece watched Stuck in the Middle on Disney when she was younger. It was one of those shows that, as an adult, you didn't want to shoot yourself when you had to watch it. It was actually pretty good. The younger sister on there played a young Gamora in Avengers: Infinity War.

As a mystery/detective plot, I felt it was predictable, though it is probably for a slightly younger audience that don’t consume quite as much media as I do, but it was a fun show. It explained everything you needed to know about the Addams family if you’re a newcomer, and it had a couple of cute nods that don’t feel jarring or drawing attention to themselves “You rang?”, “Addams Family Reunion”, the double-snap. The music I felt was lackluster, though, like most of Danny Elfman’s modern work. Wednesday was great, most of the Addams were (I prefer Christopher Lloyd’s Fester but I understand why he is the way he is in this show). Looking forward to a second season.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back