(Pulse)Wrist Mounted Water Shooter [Need help making]

Merles

Im going to start even a new project again, and this time I wanted to make a wrist mounted water blaster/shooter. I got my idea from "The Amazing Spider-Man" mechanical web shooters, so I wanted to do a more simply build, like a wrist mounted water blaster!
I dont really know how to make it, and it mechanisms.
The water blaster have to be mounted to your wrist where your pulse are with a strap or something like that.
Take a look at this picture; Spiderman Web Blaster - Toysit
The water blaster should look something like that, but not THAT big. It has to be a little smaller barrel on it (where the water is in).
But that trigger is nice, maybe a little smaller trigger would be nice.

But the mechanisms is the challenge, specially for me. I dont have that much experience in those mechanisms. So if someone here could show me the mechanisms, preferably on a picture, I would be really happy.

Thanks!

Pobbrett,

Nah, I dont think I want to spend money on batteries.
Im more looking for a trigger that triggers the water out of the shooter :)

Nah, I dont think I want to spend money on batteries.

So what do you want to spend money on?
What's your budget for this build?
What other research have you done on this mechanism?
Have you figured out where to store all that water?

P.S. No need to bump a thread multiple times a day :)

I want to spend money on the materials really needed in this build.
And yeah, I have done some research on those mechanisms, but not much.
To store the water, my idea was a barrel mounted to the blaster ;-)

The toy that you linked to shoots out "silly string", the can is under pressure, like an aerosal can. The lever is just a simple mechanical leverage device releasing the pressure on the cans nozzle and the "web" squirts out. You want to do the same thing with water? If so, you will need a pressurized container to hold your water supply. You mentioned you want the water in a "barrel" on your wrist. So you would need a small pressurized can of water on your wrist and a linkage system to release said water. And you want it smaller than the toy pictured? I think your expectations are high for designing something like you described, but the reality is that what you want is not really feasable. I think you need to do some more research on your own and broaden your scope of what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Robiwon,

Thanks for some info :)
I needed that.
I found a website yesterday, but I havent read it yet. But I will do more research today, and hopefully come up with some ideas ;-)

There are some changes here guys!
I've done more research and I've found out I want to use batteries anyway.
I found this website; >Make an electric water gun | kidavalanche

Its mounted to your wrist, and its running on batteries.
The trigger/button that they used there is not in my mind.
I am more looking for the original trigger, that is in the toy Spider-Man web blasters.

It stands in the text "a water pump (from a broken Swiffer floor mop)"
Does a Swiffer Floor Mop have a water pump?!
I do live in Norway, and I've never heard of that before...

Can you clarify what it is exactly you need help making with?
So far, from all that I gathered is that you have this idea that you want made and are looking for us to come up with the design.
How much research have you put into this and what kind of sketches, if any, have you made?

Please understand that it's a give and take here. People are more than willing to help you out with your project but we like to see that you are putting out an effort on your part. That means doing the research, drawing up plans, creating crudely built prototypes. Once people start seeing that, then you'll start getting criticisms and input into the design of what you want.

Epilepticsquirl,

First, I need help making the trigger. That trigger that is in the toy silly string blaster, just a little smaller.
I have not began sketching yet, but I have taken many notes and written a big text in my language about this project.
I've set up a shopping list, and I may change on that because I live in a different country with various items.

Why don;t you just use an existing squirt gun or something of the sort and extend the trigger so you can just press back with your ring and middle finger to activate it?

Either that or provide a sketch and then ask for advice. You're more likely to get a response that way.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back