My Sandtrooper helmet.. almost finished!!

Madrid Boba

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It is about 99,345667% completed !!! :love

I have to add the mesh of the mic tips,... and do some small weathering in a few spots...

p1012616e.jpg

p1012621.jpg

p1012628.jpg

p1012615.jpg

p1012618.jpg

p1012622.jpg

p1012620v.jpg

p1012608.jpg

p1012609.jpg

p1012603.jpg

p1012619.jpg

What do you think? :confused :$ :rolleyes

Alfredo

Last edited:
Looks like a TE or derivative of one. It has the marks on the forehead.

Looks really good! Great paintup!!!

The only thing I would suggest is trimming the eyes a TAD more. At the top of the eyes there was very little return edge going down the lense. Then again all the troopers had differently cut out eyes in ANH so it really is a preference thing. In ESB they had A LOT more trimmed out. I would think that opening them up just a TINY bit more would improve the overall look though. Just IMHO.

Thanks guys !! :thumbsup

All i know is that it comes from a copy of one of the used for the movie....:rolleyes

Old Ken, like you said each one was different because they were handmade..:wacko

check this out:

Last edited:
I have that same pic. Screen used on the left. Copy on the right.

Both have a bit more trimmed out than yours. I know the feeling. When I have trimmed out trooper eyes it feels like you've went too far! The first kit I put together YEARS ago people here were like No... trim more... no still... trim more! LOL!

Either way it looks really good and all that matters is that you are happy with it! :)

Thanks again...!1

Maybe on my next one, i will go and trim further !!! :wacko :rolleyes :lol :thumbsup

Cheers

Alfredo

Very nice! You really captured many of the ANH/sandtrooper trademarks!

Its a rather weird feeling to try to get the paint to run huh? ;)

What aerators is that?

csimps22.. go for it !! every prop lover should put a trooper helmet in his life !!! :love :lol :love

Trap joe ... thanks !!!

:lol :cheers ;)

My suggestion would be the 'trap',it shouldn't had a border line below and it should be painted till the end of the forehead
3b71735e-1.jpg
and its an easy fix :):thumbsup

I'm pretty sure that's a TE2, and nicely put together too. One of the best "screen" paint jobs i've seen. Well done Alfredo!
I've always wanted a TE2.

Smally.

Thanks!! :thumbsup

The good thing about being in a forum as good as this one is that people is always willing to help, and to give you a wise advice to keep on improving !!! :rolleyes

I recently bought one of GINO's TK kits. This is good inspiration for me to get off my but and build it.:lol

I think that one of the things that makes it look realistic is that the shiny look of the normal helmet looks faded... killed....

This helmets under the sun (suns) of Tatooine do suffer a lot... :eek

In order to "kill" that bright paint, i do use Vallejo Matt varnish spray. It works great !!!! :thumbsup You can't even tell that is there...

matebarniz.jpg

This is how it was before using the spray...

img1455.jpg

And this after.... (thanks Trap Joe..i forgot to add it)

p1012600.jpg

my two cents.... :)

Alfredo

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back