Anigrand Star Destroyer build one for FuseNova and one for glen3631

dtssyst

Sr Member
This is a commission build for FuseNova.
The attached picture shows the parts for FuseNova's build.

What to look for in this build...
.25 fiber optic lighting
Lighted Engines
Spotlights in the Trench
and more

Tonight I will start with cleanup of the parts and get them ready to start drilling for the fiber optics.

Last edited:
Re: Anigrand Star Destroyer build for FuseNova

I have almost all of the upper decks cleaned and ready for windows to be drilled.

The Bridge is ready for 138 fiber optic strands to be installed. I tried to replicate every window as can be seen from the Sculpting a Galaxy book.

The three main engines rings have been cut off and are almost ready to be glued back in place.

I am sorry that there is only one photo but please remember that this build is in the very early stage of the build.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

why did you cut the engine rings? I think I read this somewhere but forgot, sorry :)

Cosmic_x,
There is a seperation between the two parts as seen on the studio model. (see attached photo).
It looks way better than the entire part as a solid. It is a simple thing that can be done on the kit that really adds to the overall look.

Last edited:

One more part ready for 145 fiber optic strands.

Last edited:

I have another part ready for 88 fiber optic strands.

That is 371 windows so far!

Last edited:

The collet for my dremel will no longer hold the small drill bits so drilling of the windows is on hold until a new collet arrives.
The warm white led's should be here by the end of the week along with the resistors.

Photo one: The upper hull is starting to take shape.
Photo two: The engines are drilled out.
Photo Three: Fiber optic has been started to be installed on the parts that have already been drilled.

I hope to have the upper hull and lower hull pieces glued together by the end of today. I may even work on some of the smaller pieces as I wait for the glue to dry.

Last edited:

I didn't light mine, but this ought to be cool to see.

I'm waiting for natural sunlight to photograph my build in, so even though it's done, we'll have to wait for light that actually shows the details. It's really a nice model when it's all built up.

Jm419,
Your kit looks great. yes, you need to post some daylight pictures. I am sure that I am not the only one who wants to see them. Also, thanks for following this build.

I almost finished putting the hull parts together on Saturday. The back end of the top hull still needs attached together. The upper and lower halves are not glued together. Just clamped together to aid in keeping them straight.

Last edited:

Nice -looks like you're to the point of giving up the internal armature specs....

The hulls are the worst part - the trenches almost drove me insane.

The hulls are the worst part - the trenches almost drove me insane.

Getting the trenches straight was a pain on the first build. Due to the nature of the kit and the material, I am not so sure it is possible to have them perfect.
I hope it goes much easier on this and the next build.
So far so good.

Mine aren't perfect, but they're close. Of course, mine isn't lit - so I'm watching excitedly.

The collet that I ordered from the bay did not include the collet needed so I am waiting for them to send me the correct collet.
I did get a replacement collet via home depot and the drilling of the windows has resumed.
As of yesterday, I started work on a Anigrand SD kit for glen3631. In the process of cleanup of the hulls and then the rest of the parts.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back