Revell Snap-Together Rogue One Rebel U-wing

whiskeyrat

Not too bad for a what is really a toy. Lots of weathering and wash make it passable as a true scale model, if you don't look too close or too long...

1702260121951.jpeg

1702260156032.jpeg

1702260177383.jpeg

1702260197786.jpeg

1702260227301.jpeg

I have one of these two and just yesterday I thought, "I should finally build that and see what I can do with it." Yours is great! Now I'm inspired.

Excellent paint job

I have a pair of these as well and your paint job really does a lot in making it look like a good model
Many thanks Hunk a Junk and Analyzer! It's not even a real paint job. All I did was apply heavy amounts of dark wash, and Doc Brown's Weathering Powders (specifically Grimy Black). I did take my time to try and get the weathering as realistic as possible while still mimicking the movie vehicle. as you know, the kit comes pre-painted, so that saved a LOT of blood, sweat and tears. One little trick I learned: using sticky notes as masking. The adhesive is very light, and I just pressed it down along a panel edge, brushed along the length with weathering powder, and Voila, instant panel shading.

Many thanks Hunk a Junk and Analyzer! It's not even a real paint job. All I did was apply heavy amounts of dark wash, and Doc Brown's Weathering Powders (specifically Grimy Black). I did take my time to try and get the weathering as realistic as possible while still mimicking the movie vehicle. as you know, the kit comes pre-painted, so that saved a LOT of blood, sweat and tears. One little trick I learned: using sticky notes as masking. The adhesive is very light, and I just pressed it down along a panel edge, brushed along the length with weathering powder, and Voila, instant panel shading.

I did the same thing with the Revell ARC-170

It was already "painted" the right colors so I just dull coated it and weathered it. You did a great job distressing the original pre-paint to look weathered

Very nice work! I love the U-Wing and have a couple of these kits in my stash as well. If you are on Facebook, consider joining the "U-Wing Builders Anonymous" group that I created and post your pictures there as well.

Very nice work! I love the U-Wing and have a couple of these kits in my stash as well. If you are on Facebook, consider joining the "U-Wing Builders Anonymous" group that I created and post your pictures there as well.
Thank you Padawan311! I'm not a facebooker, or any social media site member for that matter, unless you count this place and Hobbytalk. But I appreciate the invite, and honored!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back