Logan's Run ---- Life Clock

I decided we need a crystal to actually look at and see how these designs look in REAL life. Then we can make changes if necessary.
Looked through the thread again. did you pick a pacific material they will use jintosh? may have missed it.

This is a fishing expedition. ;)

I ordered in detailed resin * AND * colored translucent resin. (red)

I haven't used either of these options from iMaterialise before, so I wanted to do the same file with both to see the difference.

"I haven't used either of these options from iMaterialise before, so I wanted to do the same file with both to see the difference."

Before printing I recommend writing an email to discuss the amount of color you want in your transparent objects. I don't know if it costs more but I think you can ask them for more saturation in the material. My 2" version wasn't that red, but it also has fairly thin walls.

Can't wait to see the red one. glad I don't have to color mach them. would't know were to start. especially with screen caps..

Please put me down for a set of these wonderful lifeclocks, gentleman!
As I said before, I cast mine off a cast of a supposed original and the detail was very poor (as I showed you in my earlier photographs).
Therefore, I would be delighted to obtain such an amazing set as the one you are presently co-designing.

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
My take revised: 3D renders of a red and a green version of my crystal. The bigger outer crystals are still a work in progress. I think the original had 3 major facets on the top to pick up the light better then these. I've picked apart your models so now it's my turn.

LR green.pngLR red.png

Working on the bigger crystals. Oops.

LR oops wrong direction.png

- - - Updated - - -

Bigger crystal rev 2. Better? Still need to work on the edge facets.
LR better still.png
LR red 2.png

Attachments

• LR better.png
    LR better.png
    753.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
19narvik40, I'm hoping to rebuild it without all the decades of copy blurring and distorting. The ones I bought in the 90s have bubble copies bigger than some of the original details. I think that the act of printing it out might be enough to blunt the edges so it wouldn't be dangerous, plus a plastic or resin print shouldn't be too terribly sharp. If it turns out to be too sharp, a little judicious sandpapering might be in order.

RE the chrome hand (which was actually plastic mirror,) it didn't have this one, it had the larger design.

Enjoying coming back to this thread every few days and seeing the progress.

Glad to see other people obsessed with this movie and interested in such an obscure item.

IMG_0785.JPG...IMG_0787.JPG

I bought a $300 3D printer. It does NOT have high resolution. :D

That being said, it will give me a rough idea of objects before submitting them to Shapeways or iMaterialise.

I think our crystal is too thick. (second picture) Would have been nice to see that before sending away for high rez.

It is hard to visualize it when we are talking millimeters. Can you modify the measurements for the order?

View attachment 591593...View attachment 591594

I bought a $300 3D printer. It does NOT have high resolution. :D

That being said, it will give me a rough idea of objects before submitting them to Shapeways or iMaterialise.

I think our crystal is too thick. (second picture) Would have been nice to see that before sending away for high rez.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back