Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Look at the jaw boxes, too. Gotta be FM. By the way, wonder if they might have used that model (Fine Molds in general, rather than that specific model in the picture) for scenes in the movie. The way they used some MPC X-wings in Jedi. Then people get to build the FM (probably out of the box) and call it studio scale.

By the way, over the last few years I kinda got out of the hobby and sold off most of my stash--over 200 kits. Lost my mojo, even though I was bitter that I couldn't get to some of my holy grails that were actually in my stash. I only kept some hard/impossible to get stuff in case I later get back into it. Then this Falcon came along and I justified it by thinking of it as a slightly different hobby. "Building" a "collectible." So I jumped in, and my plan is to build it mostly or completely straight out of the box--though there is no box. The most I might do is paint some of the unpainted things and add some weathering. Any idea if, when it is complete, it can then be fairly easily torn apart? See, if I really jump back into the hobby down the line, I know I won't be satisfied and need to make some changes, repaint here and there, etc. It will probably require dis-assembly. Since it looks like glue is notever really needed, seems like it might work. Any ideas?
Thanks,
MIke Todd

Last edited:
By the way, over the last few years I kinda got out of the hobby and sold off most of my stash--over 200 kits. Lost my mojo, even though I was bitter that I couldn't get to some of my holy grails that were actually in my stash. I only kept some hard/impossible to get stuff in case I later get back into it. Then this Falcon came along and I justified it by thinking of it as a slightly different hobby. "Building" a "collectible." So I jumped in, and my plan is to build it mostly or completely straight out of the box--though there is no box. The most I might do is paint some of the unpainted things and add some weathering. Any idea if, when it is complete, it can then be fairly easily torn apart? See, if I really jump back into the hobby down the line, I know I won't be satisfied and need to make some changes, repaint here and there, etc. It will probably require dis-assembly. Since it looks like glue is ever really needed, seems like it might work. Any ideas?
Thanks,
MIke Todd

There are a lot of parts that screw together so I think it would be feasible to do some modifications once it is built.

I got my second package of parts today. So, it took about 8 days for it to get here from the day I received the delivery notice, which is pretty good.

Looks like the parts are now coming in bags rather than the blister packs.

One thing I noticed is that the hull base colour between this new group of parts and the previous ones is slightly different. Which does not bother me because I had always planned to paint mine. But I could see why those who might want build straight out of the box might be a little miffed.

Otherwise the parts looks really crisp, everything arrived double-boxed with no damage. All-in-all I am a happy camper.

Got my binder in the mail today. The corner was bent and it had a ding in one side. They sent them out in a flat pack USPS envelope. But that's ok. At least it's all there and I got all my issues in it now. It makes a great place to put all my mags when they come in.

Trust me, I'll be taking my camera! And I'll take a pic or two. :)

Be sure to take pics of the backside of the quad radar of the EP. VII Falcon!!!! Very important pal!!! Back side, front side at the same level of the radar -like a portrait of the radar-, profile left... You got busy, man!

All the guys here wants every fine detail!!! Included me of course... :cool

Got my binder in the mail today. The corner was bent and it had a ding in one side. They sent them out in a flat pack USPS envelope. But that's ok. At least it's all there and I got all my issues in it now. It makes a great place to put all my mags when they come in.

I just bought a big three ring binder and some plastic sleeves for mine. That way they are all in one place and I don't need to keep buying more of their binders.

I just bought a big three ring binder and some plastic sleeves for mine. That way they are all in one place and I don't need to keep buying more of their binders.

Ummmm... you do realize they are all free with the subscription right? So basically you just spent more money for something you didn't need too.

I would think if they thought about multiple binders they would have put volume numbers so we can keep it straight down the road. So whether or not any more will be provided or you have to purchase them...

Guess we'll find out... but don't say I didn't tell ya so!

No only the first binder is free.The binders will be on sale eventually for those that want to buy more, but it is only the first binder that is free.It will probably be a few weeks before the binders will go on sale on the model space website.

Be sure to take pics of the backside of the quad radar of the EP. VII Falcon!!!! Very important pal!!! Back side, front side at the same level of the radar -like a portrait of the radar-, profile left... You got busy, man!

All the guys here wants every fine detail!!! Included me of course... :cool

Heres some images:

Star-Wars-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-The-Force-Awakens-140.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-Celeb...s-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-The-Force-Awakens/

J

I'm a little confused as to what this Falcon pictured at Celebration is supposed to be. It looks like a FM with Ep. 7 radar dish stuck into it. From the photo the base doesn't even fit right. What is it and why are we using it for reference?

It's a concept model, probably made by the art department to get a buy off on the general look of the falcon with the new dish before making the final CG model.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back