DeAgostini (Funhome) Millennium Falcon build, Gobler 2023

gobler

Sr Member
So, I just received my first two issues in this build. I missed out on the opportunity to get the DeAgostini set so I jumped on this one. It's going to take a while to start but I will be asking for advice on various topics.

Attachments

• 20230925_150426.jpg
    20230925_150426.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230925_150438.jpg
    20230925_150438.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
Looks like the parts come painted... I though I read that this was an unpainted kit?
Yes, some parts are painted. However, I will be repainting the whole thing. I do have a question for those who have this kit. Did it come with all the correct decals?

Looks like the parts come painted... I though I read that this was an unpainted kit?
I've had the complete kit since 2018 and yes it is unpainted and most of the coloured/painted parts are the cockpit and internal parts. The exterior hull and landing gear are unpainted but there are SOME painted panels on the upper turret though.

So, I just received my first two issues in this build. I missed out on the opportunity to get the DeAgostini set so I jumped on this one. It's going to take a while to start but I will be asking for advice on various topics.

Attached is a link to a file that has an archived copy of the original De Agostini Falcon Build Diaries with more information and higher res images.

Well, I received a double issue with issue #4 missing. I've sent word and photos of my shipment.. I hear that Funhome is pretty good at resolving problems..

Attachments

• 20231031_112843.jpg
    20231031_112843.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 62
This will be an issue.. How can they call it studio replica without the decals? Is there anyone that makes a set for the Falcon at this size?
The 32" filming model didn't have any decals. It was all painted.

That said though, the filming model didn't come with playset interiors, landing lights, or a moveable entry ramp, and this one does. There are also several mistakes with the placement/size of some of the exterior greeblies that you'll have to address if you want a real filming model replica. I replaced a few of the supplied exterior details with the correct parts from donor kits, and I fixed the placement of a few of the supplied parts.

The 32" filming model didn't have any decals. It was all painted.

That said though, the filming model didn't come with playset interiors, landing lights, or a moveable entry ramp, and this one does. There are also several mistakes with the placement/size of some of the exterior greeblies that you'll have to address if you want a real filming model replica. I replaced a few of the supplied exterior details with the correct parts from donor kits, and I fixed the placement of a few of the supplied parts.
Do you have a list of parts that you corrected? Also an idea on where to obtain them..

Not a complete list, but a starting point:

Not a complete list, but a starting point:

Thank you.. what a great start.. Like you, I'm going to focus on exterior details.. I'll upgrade the gun ports but the rest.. maaybeee?

So, Fanhome is correcting the error and have already sent out the replacement.. Absolutely superb customer service.

Those 'uprade' parts are mostly for the interior playset stuff and flashy lights - neither of which the filming model had. Also, the ActiveX paints are not needed either. Mine is practically indistinguishable from the filming model and I used modern rattle cans and mixed my own paints.

The base coat is Tamyia AS-20 Insignia White rattle can with a mix of nato black for most of the streaks and various other rusts and yellows mixed to match the reference photos.

I don't have it handy but you just have to google 32" Millennium Falcon Parts map and you should find what you need.

The windows of the gun platforms need to be cut off and rotated. Deagostini has them at the wrong orientation but it's really easy to fix them. A simple scriber tool to cut away at the 3 or 4 glue spots, rotate the window, glue it back into place. Super simple.

So the 3rd package is $99? I was calculating the same as the 2nd.. It it going to keep going up in price per package?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back