Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Just got my first 4 issues today. Told myself I was gonna wait... but we all know how that works out, right? :D

Assembled the metal bits and test fitted the 2 panels that go over that. I'm really stoked to get more and I'm really looking forward to the next 24 months!

Got my binder today, but it is messed up with bent corners and edges. I am going to contact Deagostini in the morning about a replacement.. :unsure

Hey Mike,
Here is Tony's store https://www.shapeways.com/shops/308bits?section=Falcon+DeAgo&s=0

And he is not the same as HaystackHair MPC upgrades ,although Tony has his own upgrade for that too

HTH

Ken

What is this about "Tony's amazing upgrades"? I've been trying to keep up but doing a lot of skimming, so I must have missed it. Or it's blended in with a guy who is doing a new update set for the MPC/AMT/Ertl kit and the parts for the Hasbro "toy."
Thanks,
Mike

What is this about "Tony's amazing upgrades"? I've been trying to keep up but doing a lot of skimming, so I must have missed it. Or it's blended in with a guy who is doing a new update set for the MPC/AMT/Ertl kit and the parts for the Hasbro "toy."
Thanks,
Mike

If you go to Shapeways.com and do a search for DEAGO you'll find a whole bunch of parts with 10x more detail for the DeAgostini kit. For example, the cockpit, instead of the god aweful stickers, the whole console is detailed out (with buttons and knobs all over the place)... and not just the console, the rear nav seats he redid and the back wall and side walls. Basically the entire cockpit cabin to be screen accurate to the movie. Take a look at some of the other stuff he made as well and you'll see why everyone says they are "amazing"!

Ordered Deagostini kit myself. Could not resist. Very excited to receive the first 4 issues!

You wanna see how some of Tony's parts look after they are all painted and installed. Take a look here:

http://forum.us.model-space.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14919&p=3

This is really amazing!

He uses Nuln oil for weathering. I wonder if anyone tried it. How is it? What do you dissolve it with? It apparently is acrylic based. Do you guys use lacquer paints with it? Sorry for a bit of derailing. It's just I am desperate to find a good wash and this is supposedly a really good one.

Ordered Deagostini kit myself. Could not resist. Very excited to receive the first 4 issues!

This is really amazing!

He uses Nuln oil for weathering. I wonder if anyone tried it. How is it? What do you dissolve it with? It apparently is acrylic based. Do you guys use lacquer paints with it? Sorry for a bit of derailing. It's just I am desperate to find a good wash and this is supposedly a really good one.

Nuln oil is made by Citadel paints and is prethinned already for use.it is an excellent wash.They do have lots of other washes too.Excellent paint. Agrax earthshade is another wash that has more of a brownish hue.it works well for the cockpit seats.

- - - Updated - - -

This is really amazing!

Nuln oil is made by Citadel paints and is prethinned already for use.it is an excellent wash.They do have lots of other washes too.Excellent paint. Agrax earthshade is another wash that has more of a brownish hue.it works well for the cockpit seats.

Welcome to the Falcon Owners Club my friend! :)

This is really amazing!

Now you see why we keep saying "amazing!" LOL

Honestly it really doesn't make much of a difference what you use for washing. I've personally never used the Nuln Oil he has before, but I find that just thinning down any kind of paint works. Personally I find using dirty thinner works for me. it's already dirty from me cleaning my brushes, is already thinned down so it flows in the cracks, and it doesn't cost me anything extra!

I've been resisting, but after reading the comments here I don't think I can hold out much longer! I'll be seeing one at the DeAgostini booth at SW Celebration on Saturday, and that will probably break me.

Trust me, I'll be taking my camera! And I'll take a pic or two. :)

As for the new trailer:

Han may be looking a bit long in the tooth, but he's been through a hell of a lot, on screen and off. I'm really leery of new Star Wars movies after the beating we took with the prequels, but I confess I got a thrill out of what I saw. Love the derelict Star Destroyer! And very cool to see Han and Chewie back in the Falcon. (On a side note more appropriate for a different thread, as someone who built a live-fire DL-44, I'm really happy to see Han back with his trusty original blaster.)

Sorry for the minor detour, please return to your regularly scheduled DeAgostini Falcon lust.

Well I just got the confirmation email that they have processed my subscription. Now I'm waiting for a confirmation email the my first batch of mags/parts have shipped! I'm really excited. Just took a look at Tonys Shapeways store and wow! Awesome detailed parts that will be perfect for lighting and adding much more visual interest to the cockpit and interior area. This is going to be a fun build! Took a look at some of the builds going on at the Model Space forums. Some really great builds especially one that's been using a lot of Tony's parts. They really up the detail and make the model a lot more interesting I think.

Im totally hooked!

square dish

Attachments

• xhhautqndtlqwl2wllxe.jpg
    xhhautqndtlqwl2wllxe.jpg
    960.9 KB · Views: 354
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back