Thor: The Dark World - Mjölnir Replica

Two days ago I ordered the Dark world hammer with stand from KG Hobby in China. I first tried ordering the Avengers style hammer from Ali Express for $125 shipped but after going through the whole 30 minute process to purchase the Hammer they informed me it was no longer available at checkout. So I ordered this one from KG hobby and opted for the EMS shipping (thank you Fly4v for the link in post #6). bottom line is it was $172 shipped to the USA. Shipping alone was $63, but as I have read it is supposedly pretty fast. I will be interested to see how it stacks up against the Avengers style upgraded disguise hammer I already have. To be honest I do feel a little buyers remorse on this purchase already having built a pretty nice hammer. But it is the only available Dark World hammer available for purchase anywhere. Should look pretty cool having two different Thor hammers in my basement.

Well worth it man... its a great hammer. I threw together a very basic stand for it as well

Hi , just ordered via EBay the crazy toys version same as Razors , £74.99 with free shipping so really pleased with that price ,only downside I suppose is the estimated arrival time from China is between Sept 19 to October 8th , I hate waiting ! Lol

Mike

Just a quick update , I just revived a message to say my Hammer has being despatched & thanking me for my custom etc , also says they have only 7 more of these in stock after which the cost will very probably rise ' so tell your friends to buy quickly ' lol .

obviously I won't post a direct link but if anybody is interested I will if asked post the sellers name ok? .

DSC01499.JPG
I got my hammer a few days ago. The shipping time was 7 days from China to Wisconsin, I was very impressed with that. Additionally I am very happy with the detail on the hammer. My only real gripe is that the grooves on the bottom of the hammer where not fully painted. This is not a real issue since the white part is in a shadow line and can very easily be repainted
DSC01504.JPG

You can see in the photo above how the plastic in the groove is mostly white.

The rest of the hammer really does look great. I really think the weight & feel of the hammer could be greatly improved if it was cut apart on the handle where the first fake leather band meets the trim ring for the head
DSC01436.JPG
Fill the head with rockite, and place a metal rod into the hollow handle to the end of the head and epoxy it together. However I am very hesitant to take the risk of ruining a hammer that cost around $170 just to add a little weight. especially when this really is just a display piece and should not really be handled much.

Finally for comparison I just wanted to add a photo of this hammer next to my upgraded disguise hammer. While I very much prefer the weight and feel of the upgraded disguise hammer, I think that the Lager hammer looks far better

DSC01514.JPG

DSC01513.JPG

Just a quick update , I just revived a message to say my Hammer has being despatched & thanking me for my custom etc , also says they have only 7 more of these in stock after which the cost will very probably rise ' so tell your friends to buy quickly ' lol .

obviously I won't post a direct link but if anybody is interested I will if asked post the sellers name ok? .

Was thinking of getting a mjolnir, been wanting one for a while, I'm torn between the
KG hobbys and the crazy toys one, any chance you could post the sellers name for the crazy toys hammer??

Was thinking of getting a mjolnir, been wanting one for a while, I'm torn between the
KG hobbys and the crazy toys one, any chance you could post the sellers name for the crazy toys hammer??
Hi mate , it came from a ebayer by the name of shirlely*Gu , same person as one or two others in this thread have gotten there props from , came on the 12th of September so was much quicker than expected & with only one or two small paint blemishes was very pleased over all , well worth the cash in my opinion.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's great. Saw some of the pics and the do look like an affordable version of the eFx , ya the paint touch ups should be easy enough. Cheers again

Paul

The Lager Toys Dark World hammer is much, much better. The Crazy Toys weighs more, but weight isn't everything. The details of the Lager are far greater IMO, only the efx is better. But it's $500 more, and not the Dark World design.

The Lager Toys Dark World hammer is much, much better. The Crazy Toys weighs more, but weight isn't everything. The details of the Lager are far greater IMO, only the efx is better. But it's $500 more, and not the Dark World design.
The Lager seems to be the most popular, was looking at comparison between both and Lager is the way to go for me. I'd love an efx hammer but outta my price range :)

Ordered the Lager Mjolnir today. Looking forward to getting a closer look at it when it arrives. Thanks for the advice guys. Next stop hunt for Thor armour from any of the movies, preferably The Dark World though ;)

Hammer arrived today and really happy with it, there are a few knicks and scratches on it, just minor but was wondering guys could you give me some advice on correcting these, types of paint etc. Thanks.

Pics please?

Sorry mate just after getting online for the first time in a few days, I'll post some pics this week! :) just a few minor scratches, but any help would be great. Just working from the rpf app on my phone and can't post the pics but once I get to a laptop I'll upload some, thanks again man.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to fill the Lager hammer with resin or something to add weight.
That's a really good question. Personally I was thinking about removing the end cap and putting something like a steel rod in the handle, but I don't know if it's possible. Anyone tried to remove the cap?

Hmm. Tricky. Would you describe the stock finish as metallic? If so, rub n' buff immediately comes to mind (in pewter color maybe?)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back