Thor: The Dark World - Mjölnir Replica

Just popping in here - I will soon be offering a refinishing service for the Lager hammer. The service will include a totally refinished hammer head that'll match the look of the studio prop.
Also working with another member to offer a studio quality upgrade handle - but that'll come later.

Where are you guys buying your Lager Toys Mjolnir from? I see a lot listed on Ebay and Aliexpress for varying prices and the finishing in the pics also looks different quality wise.

I've been also eyeing a few on Ebay as well. Prices vary quite a bit. The finishing looks better on the KG Hobby site. But I'm not sure if that is really the case or if it is just bad photos on the eBay versions. This is the one I have been looking at. Great price, but I don't want to spent money on something that I'll just want to replace sooner or later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161633784489?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any opinions or experiences with purchasing something similar would be great.

Where are you guys buying your Lager Toys Mjolnir from? I see a lot listed on Ebay and Aliexpress for varying prices and the finishing in the pics also looks different quality wise.

The way they've connected the leather strap to the end of the handle looks cheap & nasty.
Wouldn't give me a lot of confidence in it.

I've got one coming from ebay.
It looks like a lager toys version.
I'll let you know when it arrives.
Should be beginning of June.

Thanks. That would help a lot.

The way they've connected the leather strap to the end of the handle looks cheap & nasty.
Wouldn't give me a lot of confidence in it.

I've got one coming from ebay.
It looks like a lager toys version.
I'll let you know when it arrives.
Should be beginning of June.

Be careful on some of the ebay hammers. I had one sent directly to Frosty for finishing, turned out to be a terrible recast of the Lager.

Be careful on some of the ebay hammers. I had one sent directly to Frosty for finishing, turned out to be a terrible recast of the Lager.
That's what I was afraid of. I thought some of those prices seemed to good to be true.

Yes, you have to check with the seller. The trouble is most of them use the same auction pics and some even use pics of the Lager Toys hammer. But based on my checking, if the listing says the hammer is made with polyresin, then most likely its the recast, which almost always has a bent handle. If its listed as made with ABS/PVC and faux leather, then there's a possibility its the Lager Toys hammer.

Did anyone have luck buying a Lager version off of Ebay? If so I'd love to find out who the seller is. I'd rather buy from someone that has sold the proper one than just take a chance with anyone.

Thanks,
Jeff

Mine arrived!
The box was really bashed up, so I was very relieved to see no damage to the hammer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431423186.210098.jpg

Quality is top notch.
Good weight.
Handle straight.
Detail sharp.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431423128.417543.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431423139.655467.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431423150.792663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the item number 151471230980

It should come up when you put it in the search box. I

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much. I just ordered 1. I just wanted some proof that it was the real thing and not a knock off. Just hope mine doesn't come crushed.

Thanks again,
Jeff

This was the item number 151471230980

It should come up when you put it in the search box. I

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back