Thor: The Dark World - Mjölnir Replica

Has anyone tried to fill the Lager hammer with resin or something to add weight.

That's a really good question. Personally I was thinking about removing the end cap and putting something like a steel rod in the handle, but I don't know if it's possible. Anyone tried to remove the cap?

I have thought about that too. I'd venture to try it, but know nothing about what to use or how to do it. The hammer would be absolutely awesome if it had some weight to it and the handle was slightly larger.

Thanks for the advice, gonna give the rub n buff a go.

- - - Updated - - -

I have thought about that too. I'd venture to try it, but know nothing about what to use or how to do it. The hammer would be absolutely awesome if it had some weight to it and the handle was slightly larger.
Yeah it would be nice to give it some weight and a bit of sturdyness and to it, it's a really sweet replica, gotta admire their attention to detail.

Update: just got the hammer. IMHO, it's not worth the price I paid for it (around 150 USD) Yeah, it looks good, but it's too plasticky for my taste. It's a tad too light, and the washes for the weathering are below average to say the least. But hey, if the only alternative is to cough up an extra 500 bucks for an EFX, I guess beggars can't be choosers. :unsure

Update: turns out the stuff I said about rub n' buff above is not the right way to "repair" that thing at all. Like I said above, the weathering is basically a big wash, done pretty unevenly with a HUGE brush (most likely a flat paint brush, because of the visible strokes) So repairing the finish basically amounts to redoing the wash. I redid mine, just because the stock one was so "meh". Here's what I did: I started by toning down both the strokes and existing wash with a fine steel wool. Then I went all over the hammer head and tip with some heavily diluted black acrylic paint, focusing on the grooves. After that I applied dark gray/black Fuller's earth on the head with a big puffy brush to create a smoked/burnt effect. Then I sealed everything with a flat clear coat. The changes are subtle (I don't even know if they'll show up in pictures) but the hammer looks better in person afterwards. Don't get me wrong, it stills looks and feels like a toy; but it does looks marginally better.

Also, I removed the screws from the handle cap (mainly to remove and weather the "leather" strap) and, while the handle is hollow, there's not really a way to insert anything in it without compromising the cap's integrity because of the way the screws hold onto the plastic. Well maybe there is but it'll involve some major modification for sure. I'll think of something.

Last edited:
Update: just got the hammer. IMHO, it's not worth the price I paid for it (around 150 USD) Yeah, it looks good, but it's too plasticky for my taste. It's a tad too light, and the washes for the weathering are below average to say the least. But hey, if the only alternative is to cough up an extra 500 bucks for an EFX, I guess beggars can't be choosers. :unsure

Update: turns out the stuff I said about rub n' buff above is not the right way to "repair" that thing at all. Like I said above, the weathering is basically a big wash, done pretty unevenly with a HUGE brush (most likely a flat paint brush, because of the visible strokes) So repairing the finish basically amounts to redoing the wash. I redid mine, just because the stock one was so "meh". Here's what I did: I started by toning down both the strokes and existing wash with a fine steel wool. Then I went all over the hammer head and tip with some heavily diluted black acrylic paint, focusing on the grooves. After that I applied dark gray/black Fuller's earth on the head with a big puffy brush to create a smoked/burnt effect. Then I sealed everything with a flat clear coat. The changes are subtle (I don't even know if they'll show up in pictures) but the hammer looks better in person afterwards. Don't get me wrong, it stills looks and feels like a toy; but it does looks marginally better.

Also, I removed the screws from the handle cap (mainly to remove and weather the "leather" strap) and, while the handle is hollow, there's not really a way to insert anything in it without compromising the cap's integrity because of the way the screws hold onto the plastic. Well maybe there is but it'll involve some major modification for sure. I'll think of something.
You have some pics of the modifications you've done? Thanks.

Yeah, it looks good, but it's too plasticky for my taste. It's a tad too light, and the washes for the weathering are below average to say the least.

Yeah, I just recently bought one of my own, and the "great leather-like paint" on the handle has worn off with light holding. Definitely plastic-looking now. So if you get one, don't hold it too much or the oils on your hand will make it look like crap. This also happened around the head of the hammer where it meets the handle. Fortunately, I have 2 of these (one to keep as a display and the other by accident but to carry around at cons (I guess the one with the messed up handle will be that one). Overall, still a good hammer and I'm happy with it, it's just something to warn other people about. 20141229_000623[1].jpg20141229_000631[1].jpg20141229_000649[1].jpg20141229_000704[1].jpg

woh, thanks for the link.

IMHO the asking price is too high. this hammer is nice but not worth more than $200. I and most people got it fol less than $200 shipped. Here is the seller I got mine from:
http://www.kghobby.com/lager-toys-1-1-thor-hammer-props-replica-with-display-stand-optional/

I would however spend a little time looking online as you may find a better deal somewhere else. Please don't pay $350 for this. It really is not worth that much money.

IMHO the asking price is too high. this hammer is nice but not worth more than $200. I and most people got it fol less than $200 shipped. Here is the seller I got mine from:
http://www.kghobby.com/lager-toys-1-1-thor-hammer-props-replica-with-display-stand-optional/

I would however spend a little time looking online as you may find a better deal somewhere else. Please don't pay $350 for this. It really is not worth that much money.

I also have this hammer and its really damn nice. I dont have the stand that they offer. Would highly recommend getting it. I think shipping took about 2 weeks.

Shipping from them takes forever...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back