Thor: The Dark World - Mjölnir Replica

i took the plunge and ordered the Crazy Toys version, got it for £68.99 shipped, got it from this seller on ebay Toys, Men's Cufflinks items in gifttophi store on eBay!

as a side note, Crazy Toys also look to be doing a really nice 12" figure/statue or Thor:

T2CYRLXiVdXXXXXXXX_!!141384939.jpg

It looks like they've taken the EFX handle and stuck it on a cast of the disguise Thor head

doesn't look like it, the head's slanted ends/sides don't have that big ridge that the disguise one has, the head's slant on it's base (towards the handle) is thin too like the efx one, it's a lot wider on the disguise one

just mocked this up as a comparison, definitely not the same head as the disguise hammer

Last edited:
So how do you feel about the crazy toys hammer? I saw one with the dimensions in cm. And converted it, and sounded way too big. Can you confirm the size in inches??

So how do you feel about the crazy toys hammer? I saw one with the dimensions in cm. And converted it, and sounded way too big. Can you confirm the size in inches??

I've only just ordered it, so not got it yet, when it arrives i'll confirm the size. As a note though, the pic with the size, that size also includes the length of the strap

Thanks... can't wait to hear about it. Btw I have that figure/statue. Its basically a hot toys Avengers (notice head/ hairstyle) that they had sculpted a TDW (not accurate) costume over and casted it. So its a statue. That's the only pose. Initially I thought the costume may be seperate and I'd get some HT avengers pieces off ebay. And dress it in that. So it would be accurate Avengers HT looking. But as I said its a single piece. Its cool though. Looks good from across the room. But if I did it again. Wish I got it a little cheaper.

Thanks... can't wait to hear about it. Btw I have that figure/statue. Its basically a hot toys Avengers (notice head/ hairstyle) that they had sculpted a TDW (not accurate) costume over and casted it. So its a statue. That's the only pose. Initially I thought the costume may be seperate and I'd get some HT avengers pieces off ebay. And dress it in that. So it would be accurate Avengers HT looking. But as I said its a single piece. Its cool though. Looks good from across the room. But if I did it again. Wish I got it a little cheaper.

yeah I thought it looked like a copy of the hot toys version. Cheapest i've found it is £24.99 delivered, how much did you pay? Does it come with a little stand?

I'm liking the demensions in that ad. Seems to be efx size. But the triangular decoration on butt of the handle is oriented the wrong way. It should follow the length of the hammer, these are on the sides. And those same triangular pieces don't seem to flare out as much as I thought. They look to be thin. But with weathering it myself this maybe the hammer I go with. The Lager ones with the TDW version was on my list. But just can't get myself to like the handle. It seems to thin. And EFX is just outta my ballpark right now.

Agreed.

I went ahead and bought one of the Crazy Toys version off ebay. I will definitely post a review with video when I get it in hand. Somebody has to beta test these new ones. Hope it looks as good as the spec shots.

In other news, I just picked up my tickets for MARVEL UNIVERSE LIVE and gotta be sporting a Hammer!

Hope the MARVEL UNIVERSE LIVE Thor guy represents. Cuz it should be me...haha. I"m 6'6" (which is suppose to be Thor's height) I'm of Norwegian descent. Long blonde hair my entire life... 58" chest... Close to 300lbs. I'm actually designing and building my own Thor Costume as we speak. Trying to stay close to the comics, but make it believable and not hokey. So take classic Thor, a few elements of various different incarnations of Comic Thor. Maybe a little movie inspiration. and just see if I can get a closer version to what I think Thor should have looked like in the Marvel cinematic inverse. I liked what they did. But would have liked it to stay a lil truer to his classic look. Which is a feat. Because that costume doe not translate to real life believability. I can tell you right now. I'm not doing the one piece leotard groin tuck thing. lol I already have a hammer made to comic size which is closer to 23.75 inches long without loop and much bigger head. Totally dwarfs the movie ones. And looks right in the hand of a large 6'6" man. Also a custom helmet just about finished. I would have posted a WIP. But I take too long in updating and probably drive people crazy. I will say right now. I'm loving the outcome. Probably see a thread soon....ohh sorry for the rant... back to the hammer.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back