Thor: The Dark World - Mjölnir Replica

Hey now that's a really cool stand and a break away from what is normally seen alot the clear acrylic stands. It really pops and when you get the corners done it will seal the deal. Cool hammer as well.

the hammer arrived today, it's a lot better quality than i was expecting, it's really heavy too, weighed it and it's 9 and a half pounds. Definitely worth the £69 that i paid for it. Only a couple of gripes..... the "cap" that goes on the top of the head of the hammer appears to be a separate part that has been glued on to the top (mine had a couple of marks where they've done this), also on the "metal" end of the handle mine has got some of the silver paint wearing off (i tried rubbing it, it doesn't come off, must be a problem when it was made). I've emailed the seller regarding either a replacement or partial refund to cover the "damage". Other than those bits though (which i can fix anyway), i'm really pleased with it and i'd recommend getting one (i'd assume i was just unlucky with mine having a couple of scuffs on it), it's really good quality and the finish is really nice (other than the flaws mine has), you should be able to see from the pics but it's 18.5 inches long (from the pics with dimensions on the previous page this seems to be the same size). The leather strap appears to be real leather too so that's nice touch (rather than it being a piece of vinyl or something). here's some pics

Last edited:
I don't know how big in inches the other one is, but i'd say this one's full size

edit:

just checked against the pics of the efx hammer on page 4 that have dimensions, this hammer seems to be exactly the same size, so i assume this is full size if that one is.

Last edited:
Strange, it looks like The Dark World head with The Avengers handle, I say that because of the square edges of the cut out 'trenches' on the bottom of the head which is The Dark World design.

the hammer arrived today, it's a lot better quality than i was expecting, it's really heavy too, weighed it and it's 9 and a half pounds. Definitely worth the £69 that i paid for it. Only a couple of gripes..... the "cap" that goes on the top of the head of the hammer appears to be a separate part that has been glued on to the top (mine had a couple of marks where they've done this), also on the "metal" end of the handle mine has got some of the silver paint wearing off (i tried rubbing it, it doesn't come off, must be a problem when it was made). I've emailed the seller regarding either a replacement or partial refund to cover the "damage". Other than those bits though (which i can fix anyway), i'm really pleased with it and i'd recommend getting one (i'd assume i was just unlucky with mine having a couple of scuffs on it), it's really good quality and the finish is really nice (other than the flaws mine has), you should be able to see from the pics but it's 18.5 inches long (from the pics with dimensions on the previous page this seems to be the same size). The leather strap appears to be real leather too so that's nice touch (rather than it being a piece of vinyl or something). here's some pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/razorsharp192/image1_zps4907e1e0.jpeg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/razorsharp192/image3_zpsc8014d6b.jpeg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/razorsharp192/image5_zpsd829846e.jpeg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/razorsharp192/image2_zps41e5751b.jpeg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/razorsharp192/image7_zps5e77a8a5.jpeg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/razorsharp192/image8_zps37eae73e.jpeg

Did the box have "Dark World" on it???

Resurrecting an old thread after receiving my Crazy Toys Mjolnir...

tumblr_n9d44cxWzh1rjed0zo1_500.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with it for the price. I have the same paint flaw on the endcap as another poster mentioned but I'm going to repaint it and it will be fine. It's nice and heavy and is a really nice cheaper alternative to the EFX hammer

Yeah it's surprisingly heavy isn't it! The only thing wrong with it that i found was that the whole handle needs turning 90 degrees to make it accurate, but i couldn't figure out how to do it without wrecking the hammer itself, so i've just left mine as it is. The end cap on the (the round bit on the head of the hammer) appears to be made from a different material (vinyl if i had to guess), so i'm guessing if you took that off there might be a bolt underneath which is holding the handle in place, so that might be a way to adjust the handle. I wasn't brave enough to try and take the cap off though.

I just scored one for $21.00 shipped !!! It was listed wrong and was in the anime section on the bay with no reserve. Guy had 0% feedback.. so we will see if this too good to be true price is actually true. Paid with Paypal. Ebay said it was covered. So if it comes in....awesome. If not I only got $20 tied up on it, and will get it back anyway if it doesn't arrive.
Now the waiting game.. its close to a month away from China.

And if it does arrive, seeing I only paid $20 dollars. I will probably be the Guinea pig and try to remove the cap to see if there's a way of twisting the handle

Two days ago I ordered the Dark world hammer with stand from KG Hobby in China. I first tried ordering the Avengers style hammer from Ali Express for $125 shipped but after going through the whole 30 minute process to purchase the Hammer they informed me it was no longer available at checkout. So I ordered this one from KG hobby and opted for the EMS shipping (thank you Fly4v for the link in post #6). bottom line is it was $172 shipped to the USA. Shipping alone was $63, but as I have read it is supposedly pretty fast. I will be interested to see how it stacks up against the Avengers style upgraded disguise hammer I already have. To be honest I do feel a little buyers remorse on this purchase already having built a pretty nice hammer. But it is the only available Dark World hammer available for purchase anywhere. Should look pretty cool having two different Thor hammers in my basement.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back