What company should take over the MCU prop replica licence?

I'm a bit biased here in Japan but I would have to say Bandai. They have a line of anime replicas, life size swords and such, that I think would be perfect. Also the idea of Gundam style kits for Ironmans whole armory sounds like an obvious profit maker.

It’s not that easy. It will cost tens of thousands of dollars to just “pick up a license”, especially at the size of Marvel. That is a HUGE business decision and one with big financial risk.
Oh it's absolutely a huge under taking. But I feel there's still a strong market for it and with the right company, could set new standards for Marvel, as well as other IP's, replicas.

I’d love to see Hasbro spin off a division dedicated specifically to high end collectibles and replicas. They already get scans and data for their black series and Marvel Legends line, they have the capital, and they have production experience. I really believe they’d be able to do great things.

Denuonovo’s work is mostly ok, but not clean enough for marvel stuff imo, and EFX is well… EFX…

I’d like to see Paragon get some helmets under their belt first, but I’d be willing to support them. Though if I had to pick a new license for them I’d love to see them pick up Hellboy. Doing the original and remake Good Samaritans would be amazing to start, but I guess that is really a topic for another thread.

It’s not that easy. It will cost tens of thousands of dollars to just “pick up a license”, especially at the size of Marvel. That is a HUGE business decision and one with big financial risk.
Agreed - tens of thousands at least... and then what? What is there to make that hasn't been made already that can make up for that huge financial risk?
I get that some people want some things re-made but I don't think there would be enough sales to justify the cost to a company.
Plus there are no movies that interest me currently. I'm not sure about in the future, but lately marvel movies have fallen flat for me. I know I don't speak for everyone, but even with a fairly large obsession with collecting, there's nothing that I really want that's new anymore. There's nothing iconic, like the start of the marvel movies, captain america's shield, thor's hammer,...etc., where other companies haven't already made ten billion versions of the same thing.

Agreed - tens of thousands at least... and then what? What is there to make that hasn't been made already that can make up for that huge financial risk?
I get that some people want some things re-made but I don't think there would be enough sales to justify the cost to a company.
Plus there are no movies that interest me currently. I'm not sure about in the future, but lately marvel movies have fallen flat for me. I know I don't speak for everyone, but even with a fairly large obsession with collecting, there's nothing that I really want that's new anymore. There's nothing iconic, like the start of the marvel movies, captain america's shield, thor's hammer,...etc., where other companies haven't already made ten billion versions of the same thing.
I feel the same way. There isn't much prop wise that has really got me interested. I think maybe GOTG was probably the last MCU movie that I was excited over the props shown at SDCC. It could be super hero movie fatigue, but honestly I can't remember the last movie or tv show that I felt like "I have to have that prop" while researching it endlessly.

I feel the same way. There isn't much prop wise that has really got me interested. I think maybe GOTG was probably the last MCU movie that I was excited over the props shown at SDCC. It could be super hero movie fatigue, but honestly I can't remember the last movie or tv show that I felt like "I have to have that prop" while researching it endlessly.
I think Loki's had some of the best props in anything Marvel related lately. So much of the TVA stuff are must-haves for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back