STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

https://www.facebook.com/starwarsre...0356405454324/537991376357490/?type=3&theater

The back of Hondo Ohnaka's jacket features his old pirate gang symbol, a design recently included in a host of flags suspended in a scene found in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

12473892_537991376357490_8211638817237292448_o.jpg

I love everything in that trailer apart from one thing. The Kylo saber copy. I thought Kylos was his own cobbled together junk saber and was one of a kind. Have they changed that now or did I miss something. I'm off to check my books now.

Ben

Bits & pieces.....wasnt hooked

J
At the very least, I recommend watching these episodes.

they bottle up the maul/mandalore story in a way that comes together beautifully.

The mandalore plot
Voyage of temptation
Duchess of mandalore
Night sisters
Monster
Witches of the mist
Massacre
Brothers
Revenge
Revival
Eminence
Shades of reason
The lawless

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

At the very least, I recommend watching these episodes.

they bottle up the maul/mandalore story in a way that comes together beautifully.

The mandalore plot
Voyage of temptation
Duchess of mandalore
Night sisters
Monster
Witches of the mist
Massacre
Brothers
Revenge
Revival
Eminence
Shades of reason
The lawless

Thanks Astro,....very useful,....I'll check them out:thumbsup

J

Thanks Astro,....very useful,....I'll check them out:thumbsup

J
Maul isn't in all of them. But they all tie together in the end. Multiple arcs that accumulate into one of my favorite obi wan stories.

Last edited:
What is this EU that you speak of?

Might not be canon, but it's still precedent.

I largely agree on your episode list. My biggest problem with it all is how 1) All female Dark-Side Force-users are now apparently Dathomiri Nightsisters, or exiled Dathomiri Nightsisters (check out the retconned backstory of the Witch of Endor). Katie Lucas was all "I want to tell Asajj's story, because it hasn't been told", never mind the extensive backstory the comics had gone into. This was before the Big Canon Announcement, so it held more weight back then. Everyone else was all "um, she has a backstory, and she's not Dathomiri..." 2) Nor was Maul, for that matter. Those episodes repurposed everything about his appearance. The Eyes of the Sith might still be Eyes of the Sith. I'm not sure. But his "Sith tattoos" now aren't. :rolleyes And 3) as much as I adore Clancy Brown, he was wasted on that character (not Maul, Maul's brother, whose name I refuse to type it's so stupid). My favorite episodes of Clone Wars are the ones Katie didn't write, and that George had the least involvement with. Eesh.

In quasi-related news, I'm glad we've got the Son of Dathomir story arc in comic form, and the Ventress and Vos story arc in novel form, and the story reels of the Bad Batch, Ahsoka in the Coruscant Underworld, and Crystal Crisis on Utapau story arcs... There's one missing that's niggling at me. Marvel's mentioned (if you caught it at the time) that they'll be doing it, but no idea when yet. I keep checking Previews for the comics being solicited for a couple months out. We've got an Obi-Wan and Anakin story coming up, and a Poe Dameron story, but the one I'm waiting for, and that ties in to Rebels as well as Clone Wars, is the Invasion of Mandalore story arc.

--Jonah

Maul has always been a favorite of mine. totally let down back in 99 when they killed him off. but when i heard he survived i never really got into anything outside of the movies. once i watch the clone wars (back to back, and just recently) i fell back in love with maul. i loved him through the clone wars hunting kenobi and falling into mandalorian power. i was let down with the cliff hanger with him and sidious fighting but my friend introduced me to the comics.. i only have issues 2 and 3 and still need to buy 1 and 4 but I've read them all.

now seeing maul as "old master" i haven't been this excited since well i was sitting in the theater watching Rey walk up those stone steps to find Luke skywalker! lol

i have really good feelings about where the rebels show is going. like others said, i really like kylos cross blade saber. seeing it in green and stable... idk i think i need time for it to grow on me..

dying to see where ezra's character goes... i can totally see him going to the dark side

is it me? or does the yoda scene look unfinished?! he just doesnt feel right to me? idk..

either way, so excited!!

As skeptical as I was, I loved it in the film. It worked for him.

But I never wanna see that design anywhere else. Especially not here

I was okay with it because of the explanation, but I don't want to see another one. If it's an ancient design, they shouldn't start popping up everywhere.

And there have been other crossguard lightsabers in the EU for years. So deal. :p

--Jonah

Where? I read most of the EU and a lot of the comics and I have never seen one before TFA.

Here is a shot out of left field. If Ezra were to go to the dark side. Are we heading in a little bit of an off shoot of the origin story of the "Force Unleased" with Ezra taking the place of Starkiller? Time frame and origin story don't really mesh but just saying.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back