STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Ahh got it. Yeah it does sound like Snoke, but could also be a completely new character. I'd just be very surprised if the film folks let Filoni spill the beans on Snoke's past before they do. Or they'll let Rebels use him for a cameo, as long as they don't reveal too much about his past.

thats just a theory right now, idk exactly but that whole scene feels off to me i think we are being duped into believing they jedi guard is saying it but i dont think so

im so curious on where this is going. i wonder if filoni is going to be given the job of revealing him!?! that would be nuts!! I'm just so glad we got to see maul! maul hanging around ezra... if thats really snake's voice... can you imagine if ezra falls to the dark side and becomes a knight of ren!? even if not that, him falling to the dark side is a possible way to "finish" him off before ANH starts...

im so hyped for whats to come, i complained and felt let down with the beginning of season 2 but after seeing whats to come i think its going to totally redeem itself!!

- - - Updated - - -

Very excited after seeing this. Anyone else notice Asoka hearing Anakin's voice instead of Vaders?

yeah, i dont think that is "real time" wouldn't it be weird? maybe she's touching something and having a force flash back? i can't really dissect that scene

I'm confused....Didn't Darth Sidious defeat and capture Darth Maul during The Clone Wars? Did Maul escape?

there was a 4 part comic, and a novel on what happened after that clone wars episode. it was a amazing run

Son of Dathomir is an adaptation of an unproduced story arc intended for the sixth season of The Clone Wars. After Maul's capture by Darth Sidious, he is taken to a Separatist prison, where he is tortured by Count Dooku about the Shadow Collective and the allies he made. Minister Almec arranges Maul's escape and the latter then heads to Zanbar to command the Death Watch army. However, he is followed there by General Grievous and his droids, who then fiercely battle with Maul and the Mandalorians. While they put up a valiant fight, Maul and his minions are ultimately overwhelmed by the droids. During the battle, Maul tears through the droid ranks and attacks Grievous, but is overpowered and forced to retreat. Afterwards, Maul confers with Mother Talzin (revealed to be his biological mother) and plots to draw out Sidious by capturing Dooku and General Grievous. The scheme works, and Talzin is able to restore herself to her physical form, but she sacrifices herself to save Maul and is killed by Grievous. Maul escapes with a company of loyal Mandalorians, but the Shadow Collective has largely fallen apart due to the conflict with Sidious, as the Hutts, Pykes, and Black Sun had all abandoned Maul.

- - - Updated - - -

For everyone wondering who those masked Jedi are, y'all need to brush up on your Clone Wars. :p Jedi Temple Guard

--Jonah

yeah how did they survive?! now i have watched the trailer multiple times... I'm thinking the voice really is the temple guard and its scruffy because of the mask/helmet. maybe we are jumping to conclusions thinking its snoke?... watch it couple times and tell me what you think

Dave Filoni Breaks Down New 'Rebels' Trailer for Entertainment Weekly

Dave Filoni Breaks Down New 'Rebels' Trailer for Entertainment Weekly

STAR-WARS-REBELS-24.jpg

By: Dominic Jones

STAR-WARS-REBELS-01.jpg

About the Kylo Ren-esque green lightsaber Ezra picks up in the trailer, Filoni said,
“I wanted to put a nod to this new history we’re seeing in The Force Awakens. It’s important to have these links between stories in major ways and subtle ways. Here you find a sword we’ve encountered before and it gives a little more context to something that turns up later.”

STAR-WARS-REBELS-18.jpg

About that temple we see Kanan, Ahsoka, and Ezra approaching, Filoni told EW, "It is it is an ancient place. And it is a dangerous place and one that will challenge our characters. They come out the other side and are not the same." He adds, "This place would be well liked by the Sith, I’ll say that much."

STAR-WARS-REBELS-08.jpg

Filoni described how they approached Princess Leia's upcoming appearance in the midseason premiere, "A Princess on Lothal," saying,
“We were really focused on trying to discover who Leia was prior to A New Hope. We know that she’s very strong, somewhat rash, super intelligent, but how did she develop those skills? In A New Hope, she’s really an impressive character when you think of her standing face to face with Tarkin, standing face to face with Vader, talking back to them, lying to them, deceiving them, misdirecting them.”
He added,
"Leia is technically a part of the Empire at this time. Her father is still working within the Senate, and she would be seen by the Imperials as someone who's more on their side. She can't just pick up a blaster, necessarily, and start shooting Stormtroopers like she did on the Death Star."

STAR-WARS-REBELS-06.jpg

Filoni also discussed Darth Vader and The Emperor's interest in finding Ahsoka, saying,
"Vader and The Emperor think that if they can get Ahsoka she would be a key that leads them to other Jedi survivors," says Filoni, who says he plans to wrap up that storyline by the end of the season. "The Emperor has a most-wanted list. Yoda and Obi-Wan are right up there."

STAR-WARS-REBELS-19.jpg

About the holocron Ezra see's of Anakin Skywalker, Filoni explained,
"It occurred to me that as Ezra had a Holocron because of Kanan. It had a recorded message from Obi-Wan Kenobi in there, so maybe one of the things, some of the lessens the Holocron was teaching, was how do you sword fight? And who would be better at teaching that than the great Anakin Skywalker?"
He also confirmed that it was indeed Matt Lanter, who provided Anakin's voice on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, who voices Anakin this season (don't worry, James Earl Jones is still voicing Vader). Filoni said, "It makes it actually very emotional since we loved working with Matt. So it was a fun day in the studio."

STAR-WARS-REBELS-22.jpg

When asked if the new character pictured above is really a young Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis) from The Force Awakens as some fans have theorized (they do sound a little similar), Filoni said,
"That’s part of the mystery, part of the fun. There will be so much more to talk about once this stuff is out. Star Wars fans are brilliant about running with stuff. Give them a tiny little kernel and they will run all the way to the finish line and practically produce a whole trilogy in their minds. That’s why I love them. They’re a creative group."
However it seems this character is unlikely to be Snoke, as Filoni went on to say,
"For anybody in Star Wars, I think one of the questions you’re going to get asked is 'Is that Snoke?' It's one of the mysteries right now. So, anybody could be seen as Snoke. Maybe Chopper’s Snoke, you know, and his hard drive gets uploaded into the mind of an organic being. Chopper seems kind of evil at times."
He also confirmed that this character is one of several old Jedi Temple guards we saw in The Clone Wars that will appear this season. But they will be battling both our heroes and the Dark Side Inquisitors. This will apparently have a big impact on Kanan. Filoni told EW, "I will say that it plays very strongly into Kanan’s character and who he is, and becomes an important moment for him."

STAR-WARS-REBELS-27.jpg

Filoni also talked about the increased Mandalorian presence we'll be seeing the upcoming episodes, saying,
"People have been very excited about Sabine, and we wanted to get more into her background, and her history and her family history, and [actress Tiya Sircar] has done a great job at evolving the character. So there will be some episodes which dive back into the Mandalorian realm and show a couple new things about them that perhaps fans didn’t know. I think it opens up the door for more Mandalorian madness in the future."

STAR-WARS-REBELS-02.jpg

One of the biggest surprises of the trailer was an appearance by Darth Maul (we think!) While Filoni wouldn't confirm or deny that that was Maul, he did say,
"Even if they guess right about everything they think they’re seeing, they won’t know how it comes together, which really becomes the fun part for me. So if you’re guessing right and the character is who you think it is, it still doesn’t answer: what in the world is that character up to?"

STAR-WARS-REBELS-20.jpg

And finally, Filoni discussed how Rebels characters will be exploring the Force this Season. He said,
“I think that the challenge for everybody who decides to take an active part in the Force, is: Am I doing it for myself, or am I doing it for others? Am I controlling this power? Am I using for good, or what I perceive to be good, in Anakin’s case? Have I become a force for evil? [Ezra] has to ask himself those questions, especially because he’s taken up arms and is very much involved in a resistance against an empire.”

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they're certainly not shying away from Lucas' notion that everyone and everything in the Star Wars universe is somehow connected to everyone and everything else in the Star Wars universe. :rolleyes :facepalm

Maul coming back?

I use to think that rebels would be better if we got more of the great clone wars characters involved. Now I fear that they will be here because it could be a disservice to them.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's said that although Kylo Ren's saber is recently constructed, it is was built using an ancient design. From the looks of the surroundings of the scene with Ezra, the appearance of that design may be their to reinforce that information.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back