STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

just checked xfinity, sure does look like princess of lothal is on at 11:30pm thanks guys! if i didnt say anything i would have probably missed it!

635888987682284814-STAR-WARS-REBELS-3.75-INCH-Princess-Leia-Organa-Action-Figure.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...0709313&PID=6153464&SID=ijnlms1rhk009r5s00dth

First look: Princess Leia gets a 'Star Wars Rebels' toy this fall

"Where's Rey?" is what many Star Wars fans have been asking when visiting toy aisles lately, but at least there's now an answer to "Where's Leia?"
Carrie Fisher's original-trilogy character — a princess in the first few movies and now a general in Star Wars: The Force Awakens — is getting a new toy based on her appearance in tonight's new episode of the Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels (9 ET/PT). The 3¾-inch action figure from Hasbro is priced at $7.99 and arrives in stores this fall.

Rebels is set three years before the George Lucas' original 1977 Star Wars movie, and the new episode debuts Princess Leia Organa (voiced by Julie Dolan) as a young aide to Bail Organa who is sent from the Royal House of Alderaan to help with the delivery of relief supplies to the planet Lothal.

635888987688524974-REB-IA-12345-1-.jpg

Princess Leia Organa (voiced by Julie Dolan) makes her debut appearance on a new episode of "Star Wars Rebels." (Photo: Disney XD)

However, Leia's also secretly working with the fledgling Rebel Alliance and providing extra starships for Phoenix Squadron, though an Imperial lockdown causes them to change their plans on the fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
just finished it, wasn't a bad episode! like seeing kanan with the saber in the trooper suit again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... we already knew she was House Vizsla, and here she says her mother was Death Watch. Did Pre and Bo-Katan have a baby? That would be random. Or maybe her mom's not Bo-Katan, doubt she was the only female Mando in Death Watch.

EDIT: Was doing some research and Filoni may have mentioned that Sabine wasn't related to the Kryze family prior to the series debut, but the article link is now broken. I actually prefer if Sabine isn't too directly related to CW characters, distant relative of Pre Vizsla is good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
idk how i feel about the mandalorians still around... makes boba fett feel less special to me.. if that makes any sense. idk... i guess

Oh yes, Boba Fett is very special. He walked around Cloud City and then fell off a skiff. Fan favorite for sure. It's sad when the best action a character had was in the Holiday Special. Fan favorite? Not this fan. :p

Not sure I get that criticism... Aside from the fact that this is the better part of a decade before ESB, it's kinda important to show them getting away from that pacifist nonsense of Clone Wars, and not in an evil (Death Watch, Maul and Opress) way. The Mandalorian culture has not really been explored in canon, and since Clone Wars has cast doubt on everything Mando from the EU that it hasn't flat out steamrolled, I welcome this one short arc out of an entire series. :p

--Jonah

It's interesting that they first assumed she was a bounty hunter, rather than mandalorian. I think that was their heavy handed way of telling us that Jango fett was not mandalorian

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's interesting that they first assumed she was a bounty hunter, rather than mandalorian. I think that was their heavy handed way of telling us that Jango fett was not mandalorian

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

There was also a throwaway line in S1, when Ezra first meets Sabine, he asks if she's a real Mandalorian. We're to presume there's some folks out there during this time wearing Mando armor but aren't Mandos. Not sure if that applies to Jango, but certainly opens up that possibility.

Dave and George pretty much destroyed the EU Mandalorians, which were a lot more interesting than what they came up with. Now Jango is just a guy who salvaged a suit I assume.

Dave and George pretty much destroyed the EU Mandalorians, which were a lot more interesting than what they came up with. Now Jango is just a guy who salvaged a suit I assume.

Leave Dave out of this. He's been doing his best to work around George's edicts and incorporate as much from the lore as possible. He's responsible for Concordia looking like the EU Mandalore, for the inclusion of Concord Dawn (first by mention in CW, now shown in Rebels), etc. George was never really happy with how Boba got so much more popular than even the main characters he felt were supposed to be the focus of the fans' interest. He forgot the appeal of the Mysterious Loner (Yojimbo, The Man With No Name [actually, three names, but...], etc.). So he killed Boba off in ROTJ, even though Boba had no reason to still be hanging around after he delivered Solo and got his payment.

Then in AOTC's publicity materials, Jango is described as "the last Mandalorian". George further excising them from the lore.

So when we get to Clone Wars, George was the one to make Mandalore a barren wasteland with the big cube cities, George was the one to make Mandalorians pacifists, George was the one to enforce his edict that Jango was not a Mandalorian (at least as far as the Mandalorians were concerned). Per their outlawing of the wearing of the armor, anyone who did was automatically disavowed. So then Death Watch showed up and, because they'd rearmed, the Republic now viewed Mandalore as a [potential] threat once more, and invaded.

So now we're fifteen/sixteen years later, Dave is no longer beholden to George's edicts, and is working to undo the damage done to the Mandalorian legend. We're getting Mandos wearing the armor, Mandalorian Protectors, etc. I'm pretty optimistic, personally. I mentioned the upcoming arc to David Michelinie (who was the writer on Marvel's old Star Wars run back in the day, who first showed us Mandalore, and created the Protectors, along with Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala), and he's looking forward to seeing what the new guard does with the material.

--Jonah

I got no problem with it. Too many authors trying to make their mark on the old UE be trying to win over fans with ultra cool characters, gear, weapons, etc.. The old Mandalorian mythos was typical of the problems with the old EU.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back