Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Glue the leather back down using fabric glue

Dsc06316.jpg

This picture makes that area look like a giant cavern! :)

Thanks for these picture tutorials - they are awesome! If you don't have time to make more videos that's totally ok, as these already help tremendously. Please keep em comin'!

BTW, just curious... your TT Sub, real or rep? (no shame in a rep -- I have one)

So Jedi were not running it through the flat part but inside the shoe work our way up from leather to the fluffy part taking those stitches out also right 2 parts were in stitching to run button ?

So Jedi were not running it through the flat part but inside the shoe work our way up from leather to the fluffy part taking those stitches out also right 2 parts were in stitching to run button ?

Yes, I think. If I understand you correctly.

so i am ready to order my mags but i have a few questions...
1. i wear a size 10.5 so what should i order? are they a bit bigger so a 10 is ok?
2. can someone post links to every thing i need to get ie judco switch battery, charger port
3. can someone post a link on how to wire it all up with a rechargeable battery that lasts 6+ hours? maybe controller battery or whats the best to buy?

sorry to get off topic but i would love to see TAFF and JEDI do complete mods to the other colors i seen taff and the black and reds but there are like 4 other colors i seen at the site i ordered mine from and i think they would be sweet for more of a custom look......and to top it off the shoes are built very well and they are only $42 dollars american but the originals are $220 :(

Those $42 Mags are the V1 piece of crap, inaccurate shoes. They aren't even worth $20. I saw the site you ordered from and good luck getting your shoes. There are so many scam sites and that one seems like it might be one of them.

I've already received both pair of mine as far as the 42dollar ones i didn't no they were crapy the pictures look good......then again I'm new to the air mags besides that the site is legit I've been ordering from them for a while now. they take about 7-10 days but they get there.....

The V1 MAGs were a copy of the MP MAGs but not as good. These are made from PVC or something. The soles are OK and only original part I have kept.

The V2 MAG is a good copy of the RD MAG. It is not perfect, but with the Mods Jedi and Taff have done are looking really good.

Thanks for the switch tutorial Brad, awesome work and great clear explanations.

Tonight i'm going to order some new switches and eventually give this a go

Ok guys, just followed JediFyfe's instructions and successfully installed the button in the correct location. Here is the link Nike mag button and charge - YouTube

For anybody thinking about modding their v2s please push forward. When I started on the rpf I would have never dreamed of modding these or the mark poons. I'm an athlete, not a crafty guy at all, I was scared to death, so scared that I had S02 do my mark poons. Not only has it been fun and satisfying doing these mods but I've learned so much. This project taught me to solder, taught me to be patient, taught me about diodes vs resistors, LEDs vs EL, volts, amps, watts etc. for those of you who don't think you can do it, give it a try. With the help of the king of MAG mods (Brad) it's really not as scarey as it seems. They're Nikes for a reason guys. "Just do it"

Haha, corny but y'all get the picture. Good luck modding

Did someone ask for for flattened laces???...

DSC06232.jpg

I somehow missed this alot of pages back! too many mag threads on this forum to keep track of! :cry

the iron-mod really sets these off and made me look closely to tell if they were real or v2. well done Brad! I may just have to pull the trigger and mod a pair of these like that myself. :love

I've already received both pair of mine as far as the 42dollar ones i didn't no they were crapy the pictures look good......then again I'm new to the air mags besides that the site is legit I've been ordering from them for a while now. they take about 7-10 days but they get there.....

should have saved some dough, those first batch of mags are just poor quality replicas

Hey brad how are you reusing the original strap? You heating the glue and just separating it? Shoes look sick as usual.

Here is my video with both shoes and the jedifyfe judco switch attached. Mag V2 button test - YouTube

Hey brad how are you reusing the original strap? You heating the glue and just separating it? Shoes look sick as usual.

Here is my video with both shoes and the jedifyfe judco switch attached. Mag V2 button test - YouTube

Yes, it is VERY time consuming. It takes about 30 minutes to do each strap. just don't pull too hard or you will stretch the leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back