Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

i can see that you made a cut into the white puffy piece , but how did you cut into the bigger puffy piece where the switch is?

hey I'm new to all this but i just purchased two pair and after seeing ll these mods I'm geeked to start mine it took me hours to go through every page and i m ready to take a swing at it, will b posting pics soon......

by the way taff and jedi u guys are the founding fathers of mods. you guys actually inspired me to purchase.....i seen jedi's youtube page and the link at the end of his video lead me here... it was destiny....lol

hey I'm new to all this but i just purchased two pair and after seeing ll these mods I'm geeked to start mine it took me hours to go through every page and i m ready to take a swing at it, will b posting pics soon......

Braver man than I... Best of luck! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

i can see that you made a cut into the white puffy piece , but how did you cut into the bigger puffy piece where the switch is?

i think it is just fed through using the wires (positives) to push it into place, i'm sure Brad will clarify though :)

Thanks for the kind words Martymckfly, i'm glad this thread has/is helping you and if there is anything feel free to post and we will all try to help as best we can with all your questions :)

Thanks MckFly and Taff,
Taff is pretty much correct. Near the back of the inside white part I popped the seam of the puffy white part and the seem that connects the white part to the grey fabric. I just popped enough of it to fit the switch in very tightly. First to make room, I took a long flathead screwdriver and worked it through the popped seam and up into the puffy area. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH THE SCREWDRIVER THROUGH THE LEATHER.

Just work the screwdriver around to make room, then slowly push the switch in using the screwdriver as well. You can massage the switch into position and kind of work the puffy stuffing around to make the switch sit more flush.

I might do tutorials but I just don't have the time right now. Thanks for your compliments.

Last edited:

Thanks MckFly and Taff,
Taff is pretty much correct. Near the back of the inside white part I popped the seam of the puffy white part and the seem that connects the white part to the grey fabric. I just popped enough of it to fit the switch in very tightly. First to make room, I took a long flathead screwdriver and worked it through the popped seam and up into the puffy area. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH THE SCREWDRIVER THROUGH THE LEATHER.

Just work the screwdriver around to make room, then slowly push the switch in using the screwdriver as well. You can massage the switch into position and kind of work the puffy stuffing around to make the switch sit more flush.

I might do tutorials but I just don't have the time right now. Thanks for your compliments.

there is only one master here, that is you! thank you for explaining that mate i really appreciate it and i'm sure many others as well :)

imo best mod to these so far, i can't wait to re-position my switches to this place as taking the buckle off to access the switch is the most disappointing thing i have with my mags at the moment.

Thanks MckFly and Taff,

thanks
you know the stitch line where the big puffy bit starts where you put the switch into, how difficult was it?

it seems tightly stitched the outer puffy piece.

Pullin my shoes down from display and gonna have to give this a go, just when I thought I was done with em. Anybody try the icy soles yet?

Is there a way to connect both strap and led to be activated with one button any tutorials ? How to? Would there be enough wire to make its way up to the leather where Jedi has put his new switch ?

Is there a way to connect both strap and led to be activated with one button any tutorials ? How to? Would there be enough wire to make its way up to the leather where Jedi has put his new switch ?

Not with the existing battery.

If it gives you any confidence my v2's were the first ever pair of shoes I modified with toe fix straps Ect.

Just watch the tutorials that brad posted till you have it nailed on lock down in your head then do it, you will know when the time is right bud :)
:( I've never modded anything at all period, I'd be crushed if I destroyed a pair

:( I've never modded anything at all period, I'd be crushed if I destroyed a pair

Well you have 3 choices then:

1) Leave them alone and wear fake looking MAGs
2) Do it yourself and learn a new skill and have more accurate MAGs (hopefully)
3) Pay someone else to do the mods for you. (Not cheap)

dangit jedi and taff, your guys pics are shaking my resolve to wait on these! lols

Here is a step by step to do the LED's

Step1:

Use a hairdryer to heat up the area around the ankle bubble and then using a flat edged tool (butter knife will work), ease the edges up/off the fabric.

Do this until the entire ankle bubble lights are exposed. Then remove the lights/panel

DSC06061.jpg

DSC06065.jpg

Step 2

Buy a sheet of 1/16th styrene (if you need to ask what styrene is, you shouldn't be doing this)

Measure the old LED circuit board and cut out a new one.

Dsc06284.jpg

Dsc06285.jpg

Dsc06286.jpg

Step 3

measure the LED distance and placement on your new panel

Dsc06287.jpg

then drill the correct hole placement and have your LED's ready

Dsc06288.jpg

Dsc06289.jpg

Step 4

Solder your LED's together with the possitive (the longer "leg" of the LED) soldered to the next LED's negative "leg" and so forth.

Dsc06290.jpg

Dsc06291.jpg

Dsc06292.jpg

Dsc06293.jpg

Dsc06294.jpg

Step 5

Solder the correct resistors to each possitive lead and tie in all 3 of the negative leads together.

Dsc06296.jpg

A comparison

Dsc06297.jpg

Step 6

cut a small slit in the back of the heel, under the ankle piece and run positive and negavite wires through, soldering them to the new LED panel

Dsc06298.jpg

Last edited:

Here is how to install the JUDCO switch in the collar

Step 1

Using an Xacto knife, "pop" the seam to the top puffy part and the bottom part near the grey fabric

Dsc06307.jpg

Dsc06308.jpg

Step 2

Using a flat head screwdriver, work a tunnel up to the puffy part and (being VERY CARFEUL) work the tunnel up to the top of the collar

Dsc06309.jpg

Step 3

Place the switch into the tunnel and push it up and into the puffy area (you can CAREFULLY use the screwdriver here too)

Dsc06310.jpg

Dsc06311.jpg

Step 5

cut a small slit in the grey fabric that is under the white leather, make a tunnel down to the midsole (same technique with the screwdriver) and push the wires down into the fabric. You may have to solder more wire to extend these wires down to the sole.

Dsc06314.jpg

Dsc06315.jpg

Step 6

Glue the leather back down using fabric glue

Dsc06316.jpg

Well you have 3 choices then:

1) Leave them alone and wear fake looking MAGs
2) Do it yourself and learn a new skill and have more accurate MAGs (hopefully)
3) Pay someone else to do the mods for you. (Not cheap)

NJICf9l.gif
good work is never cheap yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back