Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Guys, with the greatest of respect to your builds and battery dilemmas, schmucks like me who can't/won't do the mods themselves, I think, are fascinated by photos and updates. Is it possible for us to see your entire shoes (not just the batteries) so we can see how they look??

well im in the same boat.

i just ripped open 3 pairs of shoes, everything is ready to be put in.

im just trying to source the appropriate inverters and batteries.

ill post up lots of pics as soon as i can get started wiring.

well im in the same boat.

i just ripped open 3 pairs of shoes, everything is ready to be put in.

im just trying to source the appropriate inverters and batteries.

ill post up lots of pics as soon as i can get started wiring.

Cool. And I don't mean to seem disrespectful of the great work you are all doing. It's just I (and I'm sure some others) don't have a clue what you're all talking about in relation to volts and connections. But pictures of the progress are fascinating as we can relate to a photo more so than just words and details. But maybe that's just me! :unsure

Cool. And I don't mean to seem disrespectful of the great work you are all doing. It's just I (and I'm sure some others) don't have a clue what you're all talking about in relation to volts and connections. But pictures of the progress are fascinating as we can relate to a photo more so than just words and details. But maybe that's just me! :unsure

trust me, i know how you feel!
im no expert, im basically doing it as i go along

i do have a basic understanding now of the inverter/battery scenario.

its just that in the UK, there are no decent places to get inverters from, particular the ones required for 3v.

Nice one Nik, ye I did the same, another insole works a treat with the 9v batt and inverter :)

Ignore all the chit chat lol as yes its a bit confusing but what i will do will make everything so simple and in easy terms for anyone with no experience (like myself) so this can be done by anyone wanting a seriously good long lasting setup that is rechargeable.

I will post the shopping list, pictures and step by step's for everything needed to be done on a 3v setup as a photo can mean 1000 words :)

I have spent alot of money and invested heaps of time on this to work and i will not let others do the same, i'm here to help as much as i can so please feel free to ask me anything and i will do my upmost to assist.

Last edited:

a question for Cloneprops if he manages to read this, or maybe anyone else who's already used a 3v inverter board ripped open for customisation.

i was wondering if you could let me know.

When you used your 3v inverter, and wired your own switch to it.
how did you get rid of the flashing mode?

on most 3v inverters with batteries, they have on/off/flash modes.

did you manage to get rid of the flash mode when wiring your own switch ot the inverter board?

thanks

Airair, that last inverter you posted will be too small for the strap and sole EL

Airair:
In my honest opinion, forget 9v!!!.
Use 3v coin cell inverter of the elwirecraft(Im using that model), dissamble it , and use a high Mah battery of 3,6v(cellphone,camera, ect).

can you let us know how you removed the "flash" mode from inverter?

all the 3v inverters with batteries have on/off/flashblinking mode.

when you soldered your own switch to the inverter board, how did you make it so that your switch when turned on does not go to blinking mode?

this is the thing thats confusing me

thanks

Airair, that last inverter you posted will be too small for the strap and sole EL

yeah, i posted the wrong link

it should be this one

CL-IPTC-3v-3-7FT

3v but can light upto 7 feet of el wire, so should easily be able to light up el strap/el sole cutouts, when powered by a high mah 3.7v battery.

Guys, with the greatest of respect to your builds and battery dilemmas, schmucks like me who can't/won't do the mods themselves, I think, are fascinated by photos and updates. Is it possible for us to see your entire shoes (not just the batteries) so we can see how they look??

I'm also envious, I wish I could do modifications :lol no way I can just pick it up to do my first project on mags though

I'm also envious, I wish I could do modifications :lol no way I can just pick it up to do my first project on mags though

If it gives you any confidence my v2's were the first ever pair of shoes I modified with toe fix straps Ect.

Just watch the tutorials that brad posted till you have it nailed on lock down in your head then do it, you will know when the time is right bud :)

yeah, i posted the wrong link

it should be this one

CL-IPTC-3v-3-7FT

3v but can light upto 7 feet of el wire, so should easily be able to light up el strap/el sole cutouts, when powered by a high mah 3.7v battery.
i saw those and think im gonna get the 9v version of it

This was my first pair too. At first it was a bit overwhelming, but with the help of therpf I was able to get r done

I just got another 2 pair of MAGs today, size 10's. So I have 2 pair of 11's, 2 pair of 10's and 2 pair of 9.5's ... :lol

Alright...so I tried to use a dremel and tried shaving my inverter case to make it a bit smaller....and I broke it. The thing cost me $10 +$12 for shipping. So there goes that money haha.

IMAG0976.jpg

Then I used my dremel once again to cut down that original shoe battery to make more room for my next inverter....

IMAG0977.jpg

Just found some micro sized inverters on a small shop online and bought a couple. Shipping is ridiculous for a bubbly envelope.... Gonna try these out next since my previous idea pooped on me.

Using my static inverter at the moment to test fit connections and length...

Boop:
IMAG0966.jpg

IMAG0967.jpg

IMAG0968.jpg

IMAG0969.jpg

IMAG0971.jpg

IMAG0972.jpg

Temporary Setup [Edited Colors]
IMAG0974.jpg

Last edited:

On/Off button breakthrough!!!

I finally found a way to install the button in the correct place. No more unstrapping the ankle buckle to turn these on and off. This has been my biggest pet peaves with these. Now they are one step closer to the RD. The next thing I may do is permanently glue the ankle buckle in place and add a charge port.

You can see that the button is not visible from outside the show and only slightly visible from inside, upon close viewing...

M4H06305 - YouTube

On/Off button breakthrough!!!

I finally found a way to install the button in the correct place. No more unstrapping the ankle buckle to turn these on and off. This has been my biggest pet peaves with these. Now they are one step closer to the RD. The next thing I may do is permanently glue the ankle buckle in place and add a charge port.

You can see that the button is not visible from outside the show and only slightly visible from inside, upon close viewing...

M4H06305 - YouTube

"1 view" -- glad I'm the first of many to watch it. :)

I take it that's the same Judco switch you used in the other location?

"1 view" -- glad I'm the first of many to watch it. :)

I take it that's the same Judco switch you used in the other location?

Yep, best and smallest switch I have found to use that is reliable.

Brad that is awesome!! How did you get the switch in there?

I take it you had to cut into the cuff then install switch then glue it back down?

If you can give a description of the process that would really help out the community ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back