Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Airair, I fit my 9v and inverter in the pre-cut sole hole. Ha. No problem. I too did an extra insole and its good to go. Pinn, if you leave then 3v coin cell you lose that space to put your own batt/inverter and you'll end up with 2 switches.

Great video Brad, awesome work as usual. Pretty straight forward guys, lets see some mods!

Hey y'all long time lurker, first time poster. Got my V2's a few weeks ago, worn them a few times, but as some of you have experienced, my led's are flaky as is my charger port, not to mention the battery charge seems to be a measly 2ish hours. Looking to do a complete upgrade. I've skimmed thru most of the 40ish pages and have come out with more questions than answers lol. Such as: 3.7v PS3 batt (with or w/o usb charge cable) or 9v? What size led's? Assuming 3mm? What ohm resistor for the led's? Which inverter is everyone going with? Which Judco switch? These shoes are ***king awesome and I can't wait to make them even awesome-er!

I went with this switch:

40-3979-00_sml.jpg

Part Number: 515PB-ND
Manufacturer Number: 40-3979-00

Haven't got it in the mail yet so size wise I don't know anything about that.

:$
View attachment 148510
has anyone noticed the rubber heel cup is extended too far?

Yes. But it's still better than the Markpoon Mags

What size led's? Assuming 3mm? What ohm resistor for the led's? Which inverter is everyone going with? Which Judco switch? These shoes are ***king awesome and I can't wait to make them even awesome-er!

Yes, 3 mm Diffused LEDs
10ohm resistor
I'll have to look at the inverter.
Judco switch ( see above post)

some really awesome pics/vids in the last few pages, that on/off switch fix like the RDs really is great

also always enjoy jedi's pics

the led changes, bubble fix and EL make such a huge difference its night and day

hrm, I didnt realise the soles were that transparent. has anyone considered removing the clear parts and painting the underside an icy blue? even if its only the sides around the EL it might look better. just a thought.

I think when I eventually get a pair ill repaint the whole sole and fix the uneven, sub par splatter job all these seem to have. but the low tounge, triangular holes and the 'poon effect' that the uppers have bothers me the most about these, since everything else can be fixed. or mabye ive just looked at the movie version too many times and am being over critial, I dunno.

*shrugs* im still on the fence about these. brads pics make me want to pull the trigger yesterday, but I cant get over the pricetag for the base shoe. :cry

Last edited:

Someone on here has been trying out a RIT dye on a pair of regular tennis shoes and it seems to be doing something good to them. I don't think anyone has tried it on the V2's yet that I've seen.

but the low tounge, triangular holes and the whole 'poon effect' that the uppers have bothers me the most about these, since everything else can be fixed.

*shrugs* im still on the fence about these. brads pics make me want to pull the trigger yesterday, but I cant get over the pricetag for the base shoe. :cry
I am with you on these points you raised. Brad has done an amazing things to the V2s, but there are still so many things that annoy me with them. And yes that BS price hike still stings.

Okay guys im back again i have a question what would be better to mold the grid pattern soles / should i cut the sem lines in the plastic,V2s and mold them flat with the rail peace or do like Cloneprops and mold a whole peace with the outer rail like peace on the bottom you guys know what i mean .

hrm, I didnt realise the soles were that transparent. has anyone considered removing the clear parts and painting the underside an icy blue? even if its only the sides around the EL it might look better. just a thought.

The only thing about making the soles blue is that the original prop shoes didn't have icy blue soles. They were the same as these. It's kind cool that these are like a hybrid of the RDs and the prop shoes.

ya but the soles did stick out from the shoe farther than these do.

For me anybody nit picking on the small things needs to realize this is the BEST youre ever going to do unless you drop $5,000 because i don't see any version the factories make being anything close to Brads (JediFyfe), they don't care about the "detail" like that.

Crazy because i was looking at pictures last night of the props from the movie and I almost feel like in some ways these look closer (once modded by Brad) then the ones Nike released. after said and done you're paying $250 and maybe another $50 in parts to mod them (glue, wires, lights) so for $300 you're getting and amazing shoe and saying $4700 on something you can wear and will wear (who would actually wear the $5,000 pair?)

I get a few things are off but to be that picky about something we all have waited yearrrsssss to get (some 20 plus like me) we have to realize HOW CLOSE you're getting to a real pair, shoot let's be honest 3 years ago we all would have jumped on a pair for $250 as is from that site without modding them and been happy lol

:$

Yes. But it's still better than the Markpoon Mags

Yes, 3 mm Diffused LEDs
10ohm resistor
I'll have to look at the inverter.
Judco switch ( see above post)

Thanks for the response, what are you using as a power source?

For me anybody nit picking on the small things needs to realize this is the BEST youre ever going to do unless you drop $5,000 because i don't see any version the factories make being anything close to Brads (JediFyfe), they don't care about the "detail" like that.

Crazy because i was looking at pictures last night of the props from the movie and I almost feel like in some ways these look closer (once modded by Brad) then the ones Nike released. after said and done you're paying $250 and maybe another $50 in parts to mod them (glue, wires, lights) so for $300 you're getting and amazing shoe and saying $4700 on something you can wear and will wear (who would actually wear the $5,000 pair?)

I get a few things are off but to be that picky about something we all have waited yearrrsssss to get (some 20 plus like me) we have to realize HOW CLOSE you're getting to a real pair, shoot let's be honest 3 years ago we all would have jumped on a pair for $250 as is from that site without modding them and been happy lol

So much time has passed since the release of the 2011 shoes that the nitpickers are experiencing the lobster in boiling water effect. If you throw a lobster in a pot of boiling water, it'll jump out. But if you put it in room temperature water and slowly heat it up, it'll sit in there and boil to death.

If we would have had these V2s as an option for $250-300 at the same time the Nike auctions were going, I think every single person following these would have bought a pair without hesitation (jumping out of the boiling water). Now that so much time has passed, we've all learned a great deal about these shoes, memorized all the details, and the nitpickers are slowly boiling to death in their fussiness.

I thought the purpose of this thread was to talk about accurizing these, and I did say up front I might be over critial...

I just pointed up some inaccurate areas that I havent seen anyone try a mod on yet, no need to start boiling lobsters over it :confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back