Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

It's very nice material whatever it is.

do you have a link for the judco buttons and how you "frost" the ankle bubble.. also what are you using for the back strap piece ? the cloneprop ankle or the ones that come on the mags... and are you running a 3v setup or something else? could you help me out a bit sorry for questions

do you have a link for the judco buttons and how you "frost" the ankle bubble.. also what are you using for the back strap piece ? the cloneprop ankle or the ones that come on the mags... and are you running a 3v setup or something else? could you help me out a bit sorry for questions

Read this thread...

Ok so i decided to try the rit dye out of my nike zoom rookies that are very yellow.

and after a few coats of the rit dye i got this.

But remember this is from yellow soles the v2's are clear so they should come out much better.

I wonder why well i have them down at the thumbnails then.

Stay tuned... First YOUTUBE tutorial coming...."MAKING THE NIKE MAG STRAP"

Thanks again you've made my work easier once again.:love

Read this thread...

grr i cant find them last night must have been cause i was dead tired lol.. you have a few of these in hand i tried buying size 11 they dont have it.. would you think size ten would fit someone who wears 10.5 ... or do you have inside measurements of 10 and 11?

Ok guys, just followed JediFyfe's instructions and successfully installed the button in the correct location. Here is the link Nike mag button and charge - YouTube

For anybody thinking about modding their v2s please push forward. When I started on the rpf I would have never dreamed of modding these or the mark poons. I'm an athlete, not a crafty guy at all, I was scared to death, so scared that I had S02 do my mark poons. Not only has it been fun and satisfying doing these mods but I've learned so much. This project taught me to solder, taught me to be patient, taught me about diodes vs resistors, LEDs vs EL, volts, amps, watts etc. for those of you who don't think you can do it, give it a try. With the help of the king of MAG mods (Brad) it's really not as scarey as it seems. They're Nikes for a reason guys. "Just do it"

Haha, corny but y'all get the picture. Good luck modding

What a great post :)
Brad and the guys sure are amazing at what they have done though.
But I understand what your saying and i hope it boost's people into giving it a go
:)

Thanks for all the tutorials and information guys! Your mods look amazing brad, it makes me want to make my own mags now :D

Thanks for all the tutorials and information guys! Your mods look amazing brad, it makes me want to make my own mags now :D

Thanks and you should!

Tutorial #2 coming up in about a half hour...

What a great post :)
Brad and the guys sure are amazing at what they have done though.
But I understand what your saying and i hope it boost's people into giving it a go
:)

it would have been helpful though if someone had pointed out that further drilling and cutting out the sole is required for any 9v battery to fit inside.

none of this was mentioned, I actually only found out once the sole was opened that a standard 9v does not fit in the sole without sticking out at least 2mm.
added to that, a very thin 9v inverter is then required, unless you completely drill out further, and then somehow drill downwards to increase the depth of the sole cutout.

just seems way too much cutting out for me personally, hence going the 3v thin inverter and thin battery pack route.

im simply using the existing 3.5cm x 5.5cm by 1.5cm high square hollow space to fit everything in there.

since the standard v2 buckle is pretty crap and you cant fit anything in there, the sole seems the only option.

it would have been helpful though if someone had pointed out that further drilling and cutting out the sole is required for any 9v battery to fit inside.

Hmmm..I haven't had any issues with the 9v sticking up too far, nor have I had to drill out anymore from the inside.

I do add an extra layer of foam to the inserts to cushion the wiring.

Here are some updated comparison pics...

6A1838E5-68D7-4C61-8621-81CFC1B23DE9-486-0000003CA2091ECD.jpg

1E5D95CC-38DD-4822-A0A2-3939358EB62B-486-0000003C9E665B45.jpg

D7B7C620-22A8-41CF-8695-6FC19269DDD7-486-0000003CA025C423.jpg

D49C5134-3C67-4082-8F54-4D8D0A342F85-486-0000003CA40DBEAD.jpg

Would it be better space wise to rip out ALL the old components and wires of the shoes....and replace it with your own set-up....((IE. Run LEDs, EL Sole, and EL Strap to the 3v ps3 battery + Inverter + new wires.))...

Or... Leave the original coin battery in the sole to run the LED's only. Then add the 3v ps3 battery + inverters + wire to run the EL Strap and EL Sole.

And can one 3v inverter be safely used on the sole AND the strap? I'm tired of buying and frying them while testing things out haha.

EDIT: (Oh, I found a site and ordered me 4 Judco switches. Hopefully I got the right ones. They were like a $1.75 a piece. 2 for my shoes and 2 for trial and error. Just incase.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back