Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Beyond the Seas World

better if they made a sequel to Cutthroat Island..

I'm on board with this. The first film always seems to get a lot of crap, but I love it. I recently re-watched Transylvania 6-5000, and couldn't help but think to myself, "gahdamn, Geena Davis was so hot in the 80's".

That "leaked" screenplay is bogus. Not even close to whats going on.

yeah... Leaked = Intentionally shared.

I was hoping for these possible titles:

On Even Stranger Tide with Bleach
The Island of Caverns
Over the Chariot of Doom
Ships of Dark Passage
The Abyss of Rum
The Rum Diaries II

I dunno... I think as long as they can keep making up crazy sub-titles for the films these could go on forever.

I saw 1-3, but never caught 4. I heard it was not very good and seeing what many on here are saying I haven't missed much.

I had Pirates 1 & 2 on DVD at a local collectible show here last weekend (I switched to Blu-Ray long ago) and I couldn't even get rid of them for $1 each, haha!

I didn't like the first one, so gave up after that. Did the last one make money?

Yes. Over one billion dollars. 100 Million more than the third ( which lots of people disliked for being so much talk ) and only 20 million less than the top performer which was the second.

I think in North America, Pirates is tired...but worldwide, well, the numbers speak for themselves.

I thought 4 was OK... I was too excited for it and it definitely fell short in more areas than I'd've liked...I'd still dress up and get excited to see a 5th though. Don't know why! I just like adventure movies and characters with sassy British accents, I guess!

I love the first one. great stand alone film. Nice story, good action and humor and just enough romance to keep it chick friendly.. enjoyed two but felt Oh man!! I cant wait for number 3!!

and then 3... sigh... I even read the wiki entry to understand what was going on.. and I'm still confused.

4 was good. But after 3 was this big overblown convoluted WTF-is-going-on movie, 4 had to be good, cant go anywhere but up. But that's all it was good. Nice and watchable. But there were things in it that didn't make sense like the zombie crew- they really didnt act like zombies just brainwashed. Don't care for penelope cruze. Don't like that he didnt have the black pearl.

But yeah, I'd probably go see a fifth.

I'm a POTC fan, and have been one since Captain Jack Sparrow first graced the screen in Curse of the Black Pearl. I too agree with most that CotBP is the best of the franchise. With an entrance like this, who could dispute that?!
Captain Jack Sparrow's First Scene - with great soundtrack - YouTube
I do however think the tone of the sequels changed once Disney realized the potential cash cow POTC could be (and has proven to be) for Disney. DMC, and AWE weren't as good (IMO) simply because they were just soooo overblown, and over ambitious. In this case "bigger was not better"...Too much convoluted nonsense that could have been left out. Again strictly my opinion so please don't flog me! OST was somewhat better I think. Still not as good as CotBP, but better than 2&3.
Blackbeard was a disapointment to me. I felt that it was a waste of McShane's talent to play Blackbeard the way he did (or was written)...Especially being he's "the pirate that all pirates fear"...Hardly. He was no eviler than Davy Jones.
I know its a Disney movie, but I was so looking forward to a character similar as McShane's Swearengen for Blackbeard. I did enjoy Jack and Angelica's relationship and hope there is more of that to come in the future!*
Nonetheless, I own all 4 DVDs, and still watch them and, I'm definitely looking forward to a POTC 5 if it ever happens. No matter how good or bad...I'll still pay $$ to see it! :)

If Pirates of the Caribbean 5 were to be made I would love to see something going back to Curse Of The Black Pearl. I would love to see a working title of

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales

Bring back the COTBP crew (Pintel, Ragetti, Marty, Cotton, Cotton's parrot, Ana Maria, Jack The Monkey, etc.) This would be costly by salaries alone again this is the 10th anniversary of POTC AND this may be the last and final pirates movie to be made.

Just sayin.............

i liked the first three movies, the foruth one was crap. what a waste of mcshane!!!!! he just stood around the whole film and when he did get in a sword fight he lost.......he should have been taking ships killing folks , something.

as the movies go on they get away from the darkside of the first one.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5: The Black Pearl Under Construction?

Could it be? She looks alot like the ole Pearl! But she seems a wee bit too big for a bottle, savvy?

render.htm

al.com: Mobile : Arrgh mateys! Mysterious pirate ship under construction in Bayou La Batre

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: The Black Pearl Under Construction?

I've been thinking for a while now that this would be a brilliant business venture.

I think Disney has "missed the boat" (literally) by not offering a similar ship/day-cruise to tie in with Disney Cruise Line. Imagine your day at Castaway Cay, where you can opt to take a two-hour cruise on the Black Pearl...!

I think Disney has "missed the boat" (literally) by not offering a similar ship/day-cruise to tie in with Disney Cruise Line. Imagine your day at Castaway Cay, where you can opt to take a two-hour cruise on the Black Pearl...!

Not the first time they lost out.
When the first film came out they offered no merchandise for over 2 years, not even t-shirts.
Considering how greedy they are it made absolutely no sense.

i think the whole disney executives are going insane. in the last few years, they made so many stupid decisions, walt disney would rotate in his grave if he knew what was going on with his creation

i think the whole disney executives are going insane. in the last few years, they made so many stupid decisions, walt disney would rotate in his grave if he knew what was going on with his creation
It's not necessarily just the last few years- they were making stupid decisions when I worked there in the early Nineties, too. Walt WOULD be spinning in his grave, if he'd gotten one.

It's not necessarily just the last few years- they were making stupid decisions when I worked there in the early Nineties, too. Walt WOULD be spinning in his grave, if he'd gotten one.

Maybe they could wrap copper wire around him and make a electro magnet..:lol

They should greenlight Pirates 5 soon, so they can recoup money lost on John Carter.

Re: The Black Pearl and QAR to set sail to Puerto Rico for POTC 5

I thought Depp was always kidding when he said he'd play Jack the rest of his career but the way things going he might lol.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back