eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

^^
Exactly!

But I will hold on to my eFX order as the bonus pistol and signature will be the icing on the cake.

I just got myself one in kit form.

Keith.

I will do the same Keith. Most of the fun is making it yourself. Makes you feel like your closer to the movie props and how they were made.I really look forward to seeing yours Keith. ;)

Ben

Back to the EFX scout helmet, does anyone who has seen the EFX helmet know if the lens will be the correct colour?

Keith.

Any word on whats going on or when we can expect to hear about a release date, its been a while since that last email they sent out.

Well, the last email said they planned to have it ready by SDCC but considering we've heard absolutely nothing for something like 6 months now makes me think that won't be the case...

Personally, I suspect they're both realizing that reliably mass producing these somewhat complex helmets to a high standard is quite a task. I still wish communication was better.

I suspect it like all small businesses that have become popular- a victim of their own success.
Taking on too many orders and not having the resources to get them finished and out on time.

I'm no expert but I would have thought having a period of not taking on orders/completing backlogs would be the way to go.

Dont get me wrong i love what efx brings out but its just sad how there is zero updates and even the web site its about 7 years off....

I've been waiting just over 8 months now for an RS Sandtrooper helmet. When I phoned recently I was told that they're in the process of repairing or servicing their vac forming hardware, as it's apparently been pulling inconsistently with very thin areas on some pieces. Mine is an HDPE helmet, so I'd imagine they don't want to be tossing out dodgy pulls with that material when they only have a limited quantity available.

It would be nice to get customer service updates though without having to pester, especially when a large sum of money had been paid up front. It's simply good business practice, takes a few minutes and goes a long way towards keeping customers happy. RS have a great thing going and this is the only area where they're a bit lacking. I appreciate they must have a backlog of orders, as their products are top notch and in high demand, but if that's the case they should simply stop accepting orders until the backlog has been cleared, or at least inform potential customers that there will be a very long waiting time. Communication is the key, as with anything, and this is something that seems to be all too common a problem in this hobby. I know that waiting times of 4 or 5 years + are not unheard of for certain things and this has been the case for as long as I've been collecting. Ultimately though I'll be very happy when the helmet finally comes through and is perfect. I'd rather wait a bit longer and receive a product with no issues than get something sooner which is plagued with shortcomings. The same applies to the EFX Scout helmet - I have no doubt that when they finally come through they'll more than live up to expectations and check all the boxes.

I saw that on their facebook page. Any idea why the delay?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back