eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

I'm afraid it seems to be the norm in this hobby.
RS are even at it. The TIE helmet that was supposed to arrive before the end of 2014 never materialised. Six weeks later, still no helmet and no updates.

I've been waiting nearly 6 months for an RS helmet, so it does indeed seem to be the norm in this hobby. I have no issues at all with their products and their customer service is good, so I'm sure it's simply down to their volume of back orders. But it is frustrating - especially with the amount of money involved.

I just received the email update from EFX regarding the Scout helmet anyway and fully understand the reasons behind the delay. I'd rather them take as long as it takes to get the product right than receive something that's got issues. When you finally get the product and it blows you away all those delays are quickly forgotten, whereas if the product has shortcomings you'll never be happy with it. I'm not worried about losing my money on the EFX Scout as I have no doubt they'll come good, but a little more communication would certainly be welcome, if only to reassure concerned customers who have been waiting for a very long time.

I got this email late last night from efx

1367200_047801427347511000@EFX

March 25, 2015
Dear Scott:
Order No.:
First, I would like to thank you for your patience on the release of our Biker Scout helmet.
We have run into a manufacturing issue, which is causing this delay. As many of you know, the facemask was never intended to be a feature to be used in the filming of ROTJ. According to Nilos Rodis-Jamero, it was only as a convenience to the actors so that when they wanted to take a break, they did not have to remove their helmets. So, the proper engineering was not necessary to accommodate this feature for the actors.
After extensive reliability testing of opening and closing the face mask many times, the hole begins to become deformed and thus ultimately becomes very loose. This is because the facemask does not lift straight up due to geometry of the sculpt of the facemask and dome, We have established that this is primarily due to the fact that the surfaces are parallel. Thus, the challenge is to resolve this problem, yet not affect the geometry of the original sculpt!
Now that the factory is back from the Chinese New Years holiday and at full capacity, we are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. And, we hope to start shipping by Comic Con.
Thanks once again for your patience and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this delay may have caused!
Bryan

I just read the email from Bryan as well. I'm sure there were other issues to work through and this is only the latest. I think that pretty much everyone has said all of these delays would be fine with them as long as there was communication. Still hard to believe with the countless posts and feedback like this on almost every product release, they haven't realized (or taken seriously) more updates like this quick email that took probably all of 15 minutes to write... would go a long way to ease peoples minds. Every time they do communicate it's clear eFX is still working with solely the desire to deliver a quality product and with the best of intentions for everyone. Just send something out once a month...

I'm bummed that I'll have to wait awhile longer to get this, but glad that they have sent out and update on the product and are showing that they are doing their best to get it right.

Do you have a copy of that email? I can't seem to find mine; however, I did receive the latest update.
Agreed. I did get an email from them over a month ago stating eta would be about 7 days and then nothing. I've sent 3 emails since then requesting an update and have gotten no response at all. This is my first dealing with RS Propmasters and I haven't been terribly impressed thus far.

I'll have to check but to be clear, this was an email from RS Propmasters in regards to their TIE pilot helmet, not from EFX and their scout helmet.

Ah, disregard. Thanks for the clarification.
I'll have to check but to be clear, this was an email from RS Propmasters in regards to their TIE pilot helmet, not from EFX and their scout helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, disregard. Thanks for the clarification.

I haven't heard anything. I feel like I'm more patient than most, but my patience is wearing out. This has gotten pretty absurd. Nearly a year wait after preordering is absolutely inexcusable. If they can't get any better performance out of their Chinese factories, they need to look elsewhere. RS Propmasters seems to not have had any problems engineering and getting their scout helmet out...and for cheaper too. That's the real kick in the teeth.

I've ordered an RS and once it's in hand (if it comes in good time) I'l be canceling my eFX, fed up of waiting on them. Have RS started shipping yet though?

My pre-order is with a UK dealer not direct with eFX so my deposit wasn't much. I will lose the deposit but even then it works out about £30 cheaper (and sooner hopefully) getting the RS over the eFX. I may keep the eFX order anyway and decide when I have both which one I preffer to keep.

edit oopps just realized this is the Legend thread; myeFX order is an LE

Honestly if it was any other helmet I wouldn't bother with all this hassle but the Scout Trooper is a grail piece to me for some reason despite nmot being a big character or mega iconic to most :D RotJ isnt my favourite SW film now but the one I remember most fondly as a child.

Last edited:
Wolfsburg, did you recieve your RS TIE Pilot? What is it like?

I did! I really like it! It's imperfect; it's wonky; it's pretty much exactly what you'd want from a replica of a screen used piece, inside and out. The attention to detail is quite nice. The only caveat is that if you plan to actually cosplay in it, good luck. The bubble lenses are incredibly hard to see out of. Mine is just for display, so no worries there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back