eFX - BO-KATAN KRYZE HELMET - LEGEND EDITION

EFX sent the below in an email.

We are very excited to announce that we have set the edition size for our Bo Katan 1:1 Scale Legend Edition Prop Replica Helmet at 500! The prop replica is made from the original master patterns used to create the screen used prop. For more information or to place your pre-order, please CLICK HERE

The helmet is expected to ship in January, 2024. In addition, we have opened up a waitlist for the sold out Armorer Limited Edition Helmet Prop Replica as well as the Scout Trooper Legend Edition Helmet Prop Replica. Information about how to join the waitlist can be found by clicking the photo of the respective item below.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

The EFX Team

For those with more experience collecting helmets, do you expect EFX to ever sell a "Non Legend" fiberglass edition? I'm torn between this and the Denuo Novo edition. The EFX has a better paint job (on the prototype, at least), a movable range finder, and an absolutely gorgeous interior. But I simply don't trust 3D-printed objects at this scale to last more than 5-10 years. It's basically just plastic strings lightly welded together. I'd happily sacrifice some of the finer details in exchange for something that feels solid and durable.

I've had the Denuo Novo on preorder since the initial announcement. But I may end up going for this one once the first reviews start coming in. But I'd hate to do that, just to see a fiberglass EFX helmet appear later. I'd already be going from Black Series to Denuo Novo to EFX, which is pretty absurd.

For those with more experience collecting helmets, do you expect EFX to ever sell a "Non Legend" fiberglass edition? I'm torn between this and the Denuo Novo edition. The EFX has a better paint job (on the prototype, at least), a movable range finder, and an absolutely gorgeous interior. But I simply don't trust 3D-printed objects at this scale to last more than 5-10 years. It's basically just plastic strings lightly welded together. I'd happily sacrifice some of the finer details in exchange for something that feels solid and durable.

I've had the Denuo Novo on preorder since the initial announcement. But I may end up going for this one once the first reviews start coming in. But I'd hate to do that, just to see a fiberglass EFX helmet appear later. I'd already be going from Black Series to Denuo Novo to EFX, which is pretty absurd.
It probably depends on how well the Legend Edition sells. I would be surprised if EFX makes another edition around the same price if the LE doesn't sell through the edition size quickly.

We will need to wait to see what the production made EFX and Denuo Novo helmets look like.

My guess is the Denuo Novo will have decals for the markings with weathering part of the decals and additional paint weathering added on top. The painted weathering will be fairly simple dabbing of paint to make the helmet look dirty and maybe simple chipping. The detailed weathering will be in the decals. I am basing this on how the Denuo Novo x-wing and Finn First Order helmets were weathered. I have not seen the helmets Denuo Novo has shown at conventions in person.

I believe the EFX shown has been a paint sample which could differ from the production made helmets. I can't think of any recent EFX helmets that is similar enough to the Bo helmet to speculate on how the markings and weathering will be done. The Armorer helmets don't have much detailed painting or markings.

We will need to wait to see what the production made EFX and Denuo Novo helmets look like.

My guess is the Denuo Novo will have decals for the markings with weathering part of the decals and additional paint weathering added on top. The painted weathering will be fairly simple dabbing of paint to make the helmet look dirty and maybe simple chipping. The detailed weathering will be in the decals. I am basing this on how the Denuo Novo x-wing and Finn First Order helmets were weathered. I have not seen the helmets Denuo Novo has shown at conventions in person.

I believe the EFX shown has been a paint sample which could differ from the production made helmets. I can't think of any recent EFX helmets that is similar enough to the Bo helmet to speculate on how the markings and weathering will be done. The Armorer helmets don't have much detailed painting or markings.
The EFX Boba Fett's probably the closest thing to Bo in terms of weathering and details. I'm not sure what process they used for it though. I would imagine it would be similar process for both.

The EFX Boba Fett's probably the closest thing to Bo in terms of weathering and details. I'm not sure what process they used for it though. I would imagine it would be similar process for both.
I would hope the Bo helmet would be better since the Fett was a PCR helmet at a lower price point.

Below is a comparison of the RS Prop Master lineage Fett (left) to the EFX PCR Fett (right). The weathering on the EFX is much more basic and too clean looking in the more solid color areas.

RS_Propmasters_efx_Fett_01.jpg

RS_Propmasters_efx_Fett_02.jpg

RS_Propmasters_efx_Fett_03.jpg

RS_Propmasters_efx_Fett_04.jpg

Last edited:

No I did not but I also understand as the original prop was 3D printed. This I believe will be a good one to have in your collection Howard with a WW edition of 500 and a finished interior. I ordered mine

I would hope the Bo helmet would be better since the Fett was a PCR helmet at a lower price point.

Below is a comparison of the RS Prop Master lineage Fett (left) to the EFX PCR Fett (right). The weathering on the EFX is much more basic and too clean looking in the more solid color areas.

View attachment 1768730
View attachment 1768731
View attachment 1768732
View attachment 1768733
For a massproduction helmet the EFX looks stunning next to the RS helmet.Its needs only some washes over the basic paintjob.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back