Your Favorite Movie Sequels That Never Were

Honestly, I didn't mind the "good guy" cast for the reboot. I thought the story was pretty weak, though. It was entertaining, but it just seemed to lack a lot.

At this point, I kinda wish all the Marvel properties could return to Marvel. The studios they licensed them to have put out some decent stuff, but there's been a LOT of crap, too.
Agreed.

That would be the dream, to have all the properties return to Marvel.

Marvel has done a solid job. They've got a great machine going.

Agreed.

That would be the dream, to have all the properties return to Marvel.

Marvel has done a solid job. They've got a great machine going.

The thing is, I think Sony and the others recognize that Marvel properties are valuable because of the brand, and that brand value is enhanced by Marvel continuing to put out good films. Most people don't distinguish between a Sony-produced Marvel movie and a Marvel-produced Marvel movie. To them, it's all just Marvel movies. Marvel gets hurt by the crappy films, and Sony (and others) benefit from Marvel's good films (and occasionally their own).

With this in mind, unless the licenses have firm end dates (e.g., "...and shall terminate on December 31, 2025"), as long as Sony, etc. keep making movies, they can keep the license active and never lose it unless Marvel is willing to pay to buy its way out of the deal. And frankly, if I'm Sony, there's no way in HELL I'm giving up Marvel properties, particularly because that just means now I have to go out and develop new alternative comic book deals.

And it's not like they're gonna go after the indie comics, or even pseudo-indies like Dark Horse titles.

A movie that I always thought was ripe for a sequel was the Jackie Chan/Jet Li team up, "Forbidden Kingdom". The sequence at the end of the movie where we see the kid training on a rooftop totally felt like they were setting the movie up for a sequel.

your movie picks deserving a sequel that HASNT been made yet

Im wondering what movies you sit around saying "were the he!! is the sequel for...?" say like ohhhhh gee, lets see, a little itty bitty movie like district 9?? chronical? skyline? whats your pick or picks. it cant be part of a dang franchise. or spinoff. or reboot. :popcorn

Re: your movie picks deserving a sequel that HASNT been made yet

Can't wait!!!

Remo Williams

Whate ever happened with this one. The movie was called Remo Williams: The Adventure BEGINS

Im wondering what movies you sit around saying "were the he!! is the sequel for...?" say like ohhhhh gee, lets see, a little itty bitty movie like district 9?? chronical? skyline? whats your pick or picks. it cant be part of a dang franchise. or spinoff. or reboot. :popcorn

D9 without a doubt one I most look forward too.
Chronical could be pretty awesome.
Skyline could only be better because the movie itself was meh.

339346_440471265985012_96411594_o.jpg

Films with "sequels" that shouldn't count:

X-Men 2 deserved a Bryan Singer sequel. (The ending with the Phoenix foreshadowing gave me chills).
Conan (1982) deserved a sequel from the same team.

Films with "sequels" that shouldn't count:

X-Men 2 deserved a Bryan Singer sequel. (The ending with the Phoenix foreshadowing gave me chills).
Conan (1982) deserved a sequel from the same team.

Yeah, we got royally boned on Conan. From epic to meh.

"Meh" is being very kind to that "Conan" movie. ;)

Yeah, I actually thought that too when I typed it. LOL
If you try to forget it's supposed to be Conan, and more of a generic D&D barbarian TV adventure generic guy, it's not so horrible but
well into the eighties B movie realm of something like Beastmaster. But Beastmaster is still better. LOL

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back