Your Favorite Movie Sequels That Never Were

Kind of like how all of the Soviets speak with a British accent in Enemy at the Gates. It's like they weren't even trying.

To me it makes perfect sense since they're supposed to be speaking Russian, not English, so why would they speaking with a Russian accent as if they were speaking English? I've seen this done in other movies and it makes sense to me, especially if they're supposed to use more than one language in the movie, it's a convienient way of letting the audience know when they're supposed to be speaking in their native tongue and when they're speaking in a foreign language without resorting to actually speaking in a different language and using subtitles.

Sequels I'd have liked to see?

Legend. What happens after Jack slays Darkness?
The Last Dragon. Show Leroy teaching new students.
Top Gun. Yes. Maverick becomes an instructor. That makes him the new Viper. Would be great.

I'd also love to see a fourth Indiana Jones, and I still don't know why they haven't made the prequels to Star Wars yet.

id love to see a sequel to big trouble that would be awesome
Agree. But only if Carpenter did it.

Blade Runner
This Is Spinal Tap
Haha... can you imagine a Spial Tap reunion movie. It would be embarassingly hilarious.

Event Horizon
There was some pretty horrific imagery in that movie. Really creeped me out. Not many movies these days can pull that off.

Spaceballs II: The search for more money!
Wouldn't be the same without John Candy.

space balls 3: the search for space balls 2,
sorry to beat a dead horse with this necro-post, but its a good topic and deserves the light of day again. :D

I honestly want to see a John carter sequel, I know the first one was not great but I know a sequel could be so much better with different writers and a different director.

National Treasure III - what's on page 47?

Big Trouble in Little China would be difficult to pull off, but we'd see. Victor Wong died a few years back, tho.

Plenty more hooks left for movies in the Stargate franchise, despite having done for the Go'a'uld and the Replicators. (Whatever happened to Urgo? Unfortunately, Dom DeLuise is dead now as well...)

I'm sure there are others - I just can't think of them right now.

Night of the Comet II - Dawn of the Comet

I am SO RELIEVED Big Trouble in Little China was a one off. Sequels dilute the original a lot of the time. Did we need Ghostbusters II?

I guess it's released as a mini-series, but for a long time there was talk of a Tenth Kingdom sequel with the full cast returning and I always thought that deserved to be made.

1261606733821688.jpg

I honestly want to see a John carter sequel, I know the first one was not great but I know a sequel could be so much better with different writers and a different director.

I saw the film without having read the book, seen any trailer, I didn't even read anything about it, I went it knowing nothing: I liked it. I thought it deserved a sequel... I still do.

I think Sam Raimi deserves another shot at Spider-Man, if he's up for it. Sure #3 was a blubber-fest but the Sandman looked great. Besides, the first two films (especially the second) more than made up for it. There's a real connection to the Ditko-era with the Doc Oc fights. Rosemary Harris looked just like the 1960's Aunt May. The reboot is really miscast - Martin Sheen as uncle Ben ain't exactly a Norman Rockwell paternal/grandfatherly figure. And what's with the flying nun as Aunt May? Norma Rae ain't exactly a warm granny-type either. I would like to have seen another one from Sam.

Honestly, I didn't mind the "good guy" cast for the reboot. I thought the story was pretty weak, though. It was entertaining, but it just seemed to lack a lot.

At this point, I kinda wish all the Marvel properties could return to Marvel. The studios they licensed them to have put out some decent stuff, but there's been a LOT of crap, too.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back