Your Favorite Movie Sequels That Never Were

Chinese people have been in the US for over 100 years, haven't they? They're one of the most integral ethnicities that set the foundation of the US. I would figure they lost their Chinese accents decades ago.
The Asian folks with distinct accents aren't born in the US. There's still an influx of Asians of all sorts into the US. Strong family ties and tight communities in the US mean that, even after living here for years, many of them will maintain some accent. It's not surprising. The same can be said about Mexicans.

The Asian folks with distinct accents aren't born in the US. There's still an influx of Asians of all sorts into the US. Strong family ties and tight communities in the US mean that, even after living here for years, many of them will maintain some accent. It's not surprising. The same can be said about Mexicans.

True. I can attest to this first hand. *is Mexican American :p*

History of the World Part 2, Spaceballs 2: The Quest For more money. As for accents the Amish around here still have a slight German accent despite them having all grown up here. My grandma's side of the family is that way, she spoke only german until she was 5 and even the American born relatives had accents.

Speaking of bad accents ... It's always excruciating watching Hollywood actors attempt southern accents. Results are usually bad.

Steel Magnolias is a hilariously notable example. Here's a story about a family in Louisiana. Dolly Parton is from Tennessee and speaks with a Southern Appalachian accent. Julia Roberts speaks with a bizarre caricature of a Georgia accent. Sally Field was doing the same generic Hollywood southern accent that she uses in Forrest Gump. Olympia Dukakis's accent was just embarrassingly bad. Shirley Maclaine usually annoys me but her accent was actually not too bad. Just a comedy of bad accents.

Kind of like how all of the Soviets speak with a British accent in Enemy at the Gates. It's like they weren't even trying.

The Rocketeer.
It truly breaks my heart more were not made.

Yeah... this should have been a successful franchise. If it was made by today's Disney I'm sure they'd have cast Johnny Depp as Cliff and squeezed at least 4-5 movies out of it.

Back in the day, George Pal had a script for a sequel to his classic movie, "The Time Machine". Rod Taylor, Yvette Mimieux and Alan Young were to reprise their roles as George, Weena and James (not David) Filby.

The story was George is racing backward in Time so his very pregnant wife, Weena, would give birth to his son in Victorian England, only a blast during WWII destroys the Time Machine during it's jouney backward. George and Weena are killed by schapnel. But Weena had given birth to the child just before she dies. James Filby, recognizing George as the man inquiring about his father -from the previous movie, rescues the child and raises him as his own. The child grows to manhood, discovers his true father's plans of the Time Machine, builds his own modern version, a sets off into the future to meet his father before he had been born, and on to his own adventures.

The movie never had been made, of course. But the screenplay had been made into a book aptly titled, "Time Machine II".

Back in the day, George Pal had a script for a sequel to his classic movie, "The Time Machine".
<snip>
The movie never had been made, of course. But the screenplay had been made into a book aptly titled, "Time Machine II".

I love time travel movies... especially when they're well thought out. I'd welcome this one with open arms. I even like the remake with Guy Pierce and Jeremy Irons.

What about He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!?! Skeletor even says he will be back!

I wouldn't mind that. Everyone badmouths the movie but rarely mentions the slashed budget and interference they ran into from the studio. How about Garbage Pail Kids 2?

First men In The Moon, Galaxy Quest, Event Horizon, Dark Star, Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun, Silent Running,
robinson crusoe on mars.

A Clockwork Orange ... a sequel wouldn't make sense other than to satisfy my morbid curiosity on what Alex does now that he's "off-leash."

The final chapter of the book was omitted from the film.
It will satisfy your curiosity.

- - - Updated - - -

Spaceballs II: The search for more money!

Y'know I read it in high school and completely forgot. The movie completely displaced my memory of the novel.

They run very close to each other for the most part, other then that last chapter, that Kubrick was unaware of when he made the film. It was originally published in America without the 21st chapter. Alex does put together another group of droogs but I'll just leave it at that....

A Clockwork Orange | Last chapter | Anthony Burgess

True. I can attest to this first hand. *is Mexican American :p*

Cheech and Chong!

(late joke, but it just occurred to me)

- - - Updated - - -

They run very close to each other for the most part, other then that last chapter, that Kubrick was unaware of when he made the film. It was originally published in America without the 21st chapter. Alex does put together another group of droogs but I'll just leave it at that....

A Clockwork Orange | Last chapter | Anthony Burgess
I must've read the original version because it's not sounding familiar.... thanks a lot for the link. I'm doing some reading!!!

Isn't Tommy Chong white? I mean, the name Chong sounds Chinese... so I don't really know what means, but he looks white to me.

Okay, just did some quick research. He's half Chinese. Doesn't look Asian at all, but he's got it anyway.

Isn't Tommy Chong white? I mean, the name Chong sounds Chinese... so I don't really know what means, but he looks white to me.

Okay, just did some quick research. He's half Chinese. Doesn't look Asian at all, but he's got it anyway.
I listened to them on LP even before the movies.
The album logos had his name in that china-font so I always thought he was Chinese. When the movies came out I was surprised how white Tommy Chong actually was.

Of course his daughter looks nothing like him and doesn't look Asian at all.

I wouldn't mind that. Everyone badmouths the movie but rarely mentions the slashed budget and interference they ran into from the studio. How about Garbage Pail Kids 2?

Oh man, that is a creepy movie. I watched it on Netflix the other day, it was creepier than I remember! Your post made me laugh.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back