X-Men: Days of Future Past

I dunno how valid "some characters will die in this scene" is as a criticism in a movie based on a story where everyone dies. Obviously they're not gonna show everyone getting killed off in a trailer.

This is also the first time I've heard lots of criticism against Singer's X-Men. I always thought the general consensus was that the movies that sucked were the ones he didn't make?

lol Singer doesn't know how to listen to fans, he's like a mini-me Michael Bay .

I agree about the deaths edited out in fact you can see right before
ice-man gets melted
, but lets be honest here, what has Singer done that was any good besides Usually Suspects. The next closest thing would be X-men 2 which I wouldn't brag about if I was him. Singer is known for taking source material and ruining it.

As for Vaughn, he turned down directing (which was a huge blow to the franchise imo) but not only did he help write he also consulted on it.

Obviously this is my opinion, and I will see this opening weekend but lets be honest, it's not going to be great. The cast will hold their own but the story will fall apart.

I'm assuming you're still salty about SUperman Returns and hold that against him...I can name more. X1, First Class, and now this, I'm talking superhero films for him, not his other movies. I'm going to also assume you're a nolanite so you really can't talk about Singer pissing all over source material...Nolan did it like none other. When it holds strong, I'll be back here to say I told you so.

I'm assuming you're still salty about SUperman Returns and hold that against him...I can name more. X1, First Class, and now this, I'm talking superhero films for him, not his other movies. I'm going to also assume you're a nolanite so you really can't talk about Singer pissing all over source material...Nolan did it like none other. When it holds strong, I'll be back here to say I told you so.

Actually forgot about Superman Returns, as for X1 that was too campy and funny in all the wrong parts (toad, storm, etc...) as for first class that was Vaughn directing not Singer (Singer was a producer). Actually, after looking at IMDB I will add Apt Pupil as another good movie he directed. As for a Nolanite, nope not at all, in fact the Batman series starting with Dark Knight and on had so many plot holes that it was unreal. But what Nolan can do with cinematography is on a completely different level than Singer.

Honestly I hope I am wrong, and hope the movie is amazing. I would love nothing more than an amazing X-Men movie besides First Class. I welcome the day you tell me "I told you so"

This is also the first time I've heard lots of criticism against Singer's X-Men. I always thought the general consensus was that the movies that sucked were the ones he didn't make?

At the time they were decent but I think once people saw what can be done with superhero movies in general the bar got raised. Looking back, after Daredevil, Electra, Ghost Rider, etc... then sure the X-men movies look like academy award winners. But once Favreau, Johnston, the Russo brothers, Taylor, Whedon, Vaughn, Nolan and a few others started making superhero movies it seems they were on a different playing field. But what do I know, I still go see them regardless. :)

At the time they were decent but I think once people saw what can be done with superhero movies in general the bar got raised. Looking back, after Daredevil, Electra, Ghost Rider, etc... then sure the X-men movies look like academy award winners. But once Favreau, Johnston, the Russo brothers, Taylor, Whedon, Vaughn, Nolan and a few others started making superhero movies it seems they were on a different playing field. But what do I know, I still go see them regardless. :)

Oh I agree, the world we're in now in regards to superhero movies is completely different. There's so much more respect for the characters, even compared to stuff from the year before Iron Man. Nothing would make me happier than Marvel Studios getting to do their version of the X-Men.

But I still feel like X1 and 2 hold up.

Actually, after looking at IMDB I will add Apt Pupil as another good movie he directed.

For me, thats another one where he took the source material and ruined it. Loved the original story. The film, not so much. Maybe if I hadn't read the story before I saw the film I would've been able to enjoy it more.

For me, thats another one where he took the source material and ruined it. Loved the original story. The film, not so much. Maybe if I hadn't read the story before I saw the film I would've been able to enjoy it more.

Hah, I should have known. I never read the book.

With that being said, the newest trailer does look good

I think I might be a little bit in love with Fan Bingbing.

x-men-days-of-future-past-empire-blink.jpg

Whilst it was great to see another trailer, I have to say it was probably the worst example of editing I have witnessed in my entire life, the bit that jumped out the most was old Magneto saying 'its..going to take all of us....together...to end this war'. A real hatchet job with the sound alone

I find it funny that as soon as the final trailer comes out, this guy who claims Singer molested him in 1999 comes out of the woodwork...Sounds bogus to me.

These type of parties happen all the time in hollywood and modeling industry

I don't doubt it happened. Look at Kevin clash. He wanted young boys to tickle his Elmo.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back