X-Men: Days of Future Past

Why did Doc Brown tape Marty to that wall???

xmen-days-of-future-past-vif-argent-magneto-scotch-580x433.jpg

Remember when superhero movies were a novelty, and every movie had to have a scene mocking the hero's costume and name in the hope that mainstream audiences would laugh along with it and forget it was a comic book movie?

This ad campaign is like that, but a hundred times worse, for some reason.

Saw this tweet earlier today.

popmortem: "I still find it really weird that both of these guys are playing Quicksilver"

13710502573_70c7d4e253_o.jpg

X-MEN's Quicksilver Revealed In Fast Food Ad | Badass Digest

"I sort of don't get it. It's a weird choice, one that feels decades out of date. There are so many ways and places for Fox to reveal this character to fans that doing it in a fast food TV ad is mind-boggling. It certainly shows where the studio places the characters' value - mostly as a marketing tie-in opportunity, not as an organic part of a major motion picture franchise and storyline"

That's another thing!

They totally announced Quicksilver's presence in this movie after the twins were announced for Avengers 2. I know it's unlikely that they were trying to rip off Marvel Studios and they probably had him included from the start, buuuuut...

I dunno. I'm excited for the movie, but not the Quicksilver parts.

QS is actually ADD/ADHD in this film, he's there one sec then he's off somewhere else, literally and mentally lol. Might explain why we see Mag taped then the guard taped he probably got the wrong guy because he wasn't really paying attention, which can further explain his wardrobe choices as well :lol

Who says this was Vaughn's idea? Haven't you noticed that Singer actually listened to fans this go around? It's all about direction...You can totally see that they edited the deaths out ;)

lol Singer doesn't know how to listen to fans, he's like a mini-me Michael Bay .

I agree about the deaths edited out in fact you can see right before
ice-man gets melted
, but lets be honest here, what has Singer done that was any good besides Usually Suspects. The next closest thing would be X-men 2 which I wouldn't brag about if I was him. Singer is known for taking source material and ruining it.

As for Vaughn, he turned down directing (which was a huge blow to the franchise imo) but not only did he help write he also consulted on it.

Obviously this is my opinion, and I will see this opening weekend but lets be honest, it's not going to be great. The cast will hold their own but the story will fall apart.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back