Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - NEW SUIT DONE Pics on p.17

Re: Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor

I envy your workspace.

Are you going to do a full Terminator armor? Or just having fun with the helmet?

The plan for now is just to do the helmet. My "plans" are nebulous and flexible though, so there's no telling what I'll do after I've built a few standard marines...

Looks amazing ! Big fan of wh 40k and space hulk looks great . You should check out on you tube a fake space hulk trailer games workshop did in the early 90s . They show marines in terminator armor and gene stealers . Great work as always mate!

I'm working on the assumption that the terminator bucket was done in a similar method (bondo etc) but how on earth do you sand the fine details and edges?

Also, do you have plans on having a real diaper on the inside or do you have alternate plans?

Man this makes me want to do a wolf and sister build so bad. But mine wouldn't come out half as polished. Plus i need to find a sister still too.

This is just mind blowing!!! I can't wait ot see how this gets when its done.
Much respect!

Thank you for the kind words, all.

Yesterday we made some progress on the diaper:

We should be able to pull copies today. Stay tuned...

cant wait to see those first pulls. I've done a bit of vac forming myself; hardest part for me is to get the surfaces super smooth so there are no blemishes in the pull. your stuff looks amazing!

Do you still plan to look out of the helmet once its finished, because of the height and everything? I remember the guy in the big marine costume from THQ on the cons looks through the mouth grill.

Nope. I mentioned early on in the thread that I'll be looking out through the throat. I still might not be tall enough. There's a chance I'll be rigging a closed-circuit TV for my own suit. The other guys are all taller than me, so they'll have no problems with the throat plan.

Woohoo progress! I now have two shins for even more ridiculous photos:

With that done, my friend Matt cut out forms and we pulled pieces for the edges of the shoulders:

They add a nice finished look to the thin vacformed plastic shoulder:

They also make for a better fit with the chest armor:

In other news, I've started sculpting trim parts for the chest:

The plan is to mold and cast the wings separately. That way I can make the center either a skull, an eagle, or a chapter logo as needed.

Stay tuned...

it just keeps getting better! I really like the 'capping' detail on the shoulder pads; that's a great idea.

Awesome work dude I love this thread!

It's coming along very well. Have you sorted out your strapping for it yet or do you need to get the full set together first to do it ?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back