Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg9

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg

You're method does work, my friend. I've done it twice. The first one, well, I wouldn't want to share it with all of the RPF, let's just say that. The second one is ok, but maybe a littler larger than I would have liked. And some parts don't seem exactly proportional.
It's nothing compared t yours though. After going through your process myself, I really got to hand it to you, you're an amazing artist, my friend.

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg

Thank you very much for your kind words, Mean Obiwan. I would love to see a pic of the second lid, if you would be happy posting it, of course.....

Darren

I can indeed do that. It's not where near as spot on as yours is, but it's not too bad. As I said, my main qualm is it being a little too large I think, and an abnormality in the forehead of it. But it's based on the "Move Along" sandtrooper.

SANY0012-3_zpsc5dda427.jpg

SANY0013-2_zps16df94a6.jpg

SANY0014-2_zpsbd117786.jpg

SANY0015-1_zps298173a5.jpg

SANY0016-2_zps30c8e46d.jpg

Last edited:

Love this build! Very inspirational!

I can indeed do that. It's not where near as spot on as yours is, but it's not too bad. As I said, my main qualm is it being a little too large I think, and an abnormality in the forehead of it. But it's based on the "Move Along" sandtrooper.

That's a great effort Mean Obiwan, and I hope you get a lot of pleasure wearing it! If you find its too bigg and you want to make another, it can give you a lot of opportunities to iron out any issues you may have encountered in the build. Well done, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Love this build! Very inspirational!

Many thanks, Chanfan. Glad that you liked it :)

Just found this thread... Simply amazing work, you are very talented. I applaud you.

Just found this thread. I'm impressed. I'm now wracking my brain trying to figure out how to apply the technique to a 501st royal guard helmet.

Absolutely one of the best threads i've seen here

I, like many, stumbled onto this thread when it was bumped... I was captivated from the start... each stage lowering my jaw closer to the ground.

I'm not sure if I will try a stormtrooper helmet... but it does make me think it might be a great alternative way to make a head "blank", ie use your circle of cardboard with strips radiating off it to form the top of my head (by wrapping the first strand around my head and securing I should get a reasonably accurate scale), then abstracting from that to form a basic head shape that I can then hopefully strengthen and use to experiment with bust sculpts. Anything that can bring the cost down while I begin this fun hobby of building/sculpting... that and I will probably have to try a Stormtrooper helmet at some stage because... well... dang yours is awesome!

Last edited:

I was planning on doing a pepakura build myself, but I think after seeing how your turned out I might try this method! Great work and thanks for sharing!

omg, I must say... you're a genious!!! Oh my Gosh, I am speechless! Congrats, you did a stuning job here! I just love it, and thank you so much for this "light" in my project, I would love to cosplay a Stormtrooper but all the other ways are so expensive and when I saw this I just felt like yelling: EUREKA!!!! OMG xDDD I'm sorry, I'm freaking out right now :D
Just one question, do you think this can be done for the costume armor pieces on the body? And if yes, is it resistent enough to be wear? :eek:

Thank you very much for the atention and for lighten my way xD
xxxxxxx

Many thanks, xChewie:)

It's definitely strong enough to wear as long as you take care of it. To be honest, though, I would look at FIERFEK's PEPAKURA thread and you will find that it is just as inexpensive, and also, all the templates are available to download for free right there on the thread, including trooper armour. Here's the link to his thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/fierfeks-star-wars-pepakura-file-development-122071/

Any questions you have about PEPAKURA will be answered in the stuck thread at the top of the costume forum. Here is the link to that thread, too:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/pepakura-question-thread-please-read-rules-first-87056/

It's certainly well worth the time to read it and garner the info you want. It even tells you where to get the free software from a trusted site, that will enable you to print out the PEPAKURA files.

Once the PEPAKURA is built, it's the same process that I used here, which is fibreglass resin and car body filler. The difference is that PEPAKURA helps you immensely to achieve the correct 3 dimensional shape and that is what can make or break a build.
I hope this is of some help to you and, as I said, you should be able to build a really awesome trooper lid for £10 by using the PEPAKURA method.

Thank you very much for all the information! I really apreciated it, thank you :D It'll help me a lot! Can't wait to start this project :D Thank you very much again, I hope I'll be good at it, since I have none experience on it ^^''
As soon as I start the project and move along with it, I'll keep you in touch and post some photos of my progress and credit you of course, since you've helped me a lot :D
Thank you again, I'll make my best ^^

I would like just to ask something :) if you don't mind of course :D
In the Iron Man Tutorial with Pepakura: http://www.therpf.com/f24/tutorial-iron-man-war-machine-costumes-foam-120019/
He used EVA Foam to print the model, and I was thinking if that is a good way for this helmet, if this material can be used, because it looks easier... I mean, I don't understand much of it but it seems to be... I would like to know what do you think about it...?

Sorry if I didn't understand it right, but I just want to take off my doubts :)
Thank you very much for everything again :)

Kind regards.

Last edited:

just read through the whole thread, Kudos Atlanthia, superb result

Well, as my printer is Kacked, and I cant afford a new one right now, I have had to postpone the Pepakura build of a Stormtrooper Helmet that Fierfek so generously sent me. So.....What to do???

I decided to set myself the challenge of building my 'Bucket' anyway, but from general household crap, such as toilet roll tubes, cereal boxes, newspapers, and on a budget of up to £10 and not a penny more. I have also set myself one week to achieve the finished article, from start to finish and it must be as close to screen accurate as possible but wthin reason considering the budget and time constraints.

Finally, I should point out that this will not include the fiberglass casting and molding - just the the construction of a finished helmet which could be used as a display piece, or from which a mold could be taken.

If anyone thinks this might be of interest, or completely insane!!! lol! then please let me know and I will start posting the build up here.
Thanks everyone, in advance

Hola Atlantia, simplemente estoy impresionada con la habilidad que has creado el casco con los pocos materiales de los que disponias...
te repito impresionada, tanto es que si no te importara me gustaria si pudiera ser que me mandaras el tutorial paso a paso quisiera hacer los disfraces para estos carnavales en España, son espectaculares y seguro que les encantaran a mi gente.
esperando tu respuesta un saludo muchisimas gracias de antemano. Nuria

We need more threads like this! Its like Martha Stewart and eFx combined.

We need more threads like this! Its like Martha Stewart and eFx combined.
Thanks jamesrgiant! :)
Hola Atlantia, simplemente estoy impresionada con la habilidad que has creado el casco con los pocos materiales de los que disponias...
te repito impresionada, tanto es que si no te importara me gustaria si pudiera ser que me mandaras el tutorial paso a paso quisiera hacer los disfraces para estos carnavales en España, son espectaculares y seguro que les encantaran a mi gente.
esperando tu respuesta un saludo muchisimas gracias de antemano. Nuria

Can anyone here speak Spanish? I don't speak a word so I cannot understand this post. Some help guys?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back