Things you want deleted from your memory.

Jamesfett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
All Star Wars except O.T.

All Star Trek after the end of T.N.G.. Voyager and DS9 had some good stuff but still, it ends with All Good Things.

Buffy after season 3

Angel needs to go away except the puppet episode. Dang that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! And keep the one where he is human for a day or so with Buffy on it. Tear jerker of an ending man.

Airwolf after season 1

Anything after Babylon 5's season 5 original ending.

Anything after Indy Last Crusade.

Anything after the original, theatrical cut of Blade Runner

Anything after Robocop 1

Kathleen Kennedy from existence

Anything after Rambo 4 and Rocky 6.

Anything after Avengers Endgame for Marvel.

Stop Spiderman now at Sony. Go out on a high note.

Anything after Jaws 2

Blade 3

A lot of X men. Shorter list is what to keep. Just keep original three, Wolverine in Japan, and Logan. Ditch the rest.

Any Jack Ryan after Hunt for Red October. He is a douche in real life, but there is only one Jack Ryan and that is Alec Baldwin.

All Daniel Craig Bond. It ended with Die Another Day. Shut up. It was awesome

Any Die Hard after 3

A lot of Highlander. Keep the original and some of the series.

Keep 89 Batman and Nolan Trilogy. Just replace Christian Bale in Nolan trilogy with Ben Affleck. I know, surprised me too, but he is the most accurate Batman/Bruce Wayne put to film. Keaton rules of course.

- The Simpsons after the late 1990s.

- Beavis & Butthead - ironically the later seasons have aged much better than the early ones.

- Back to the Future - I suspect Doc & Marty have already gone back and stopped some bad sequels from happening in this timeline.

Oh good, another one ;)

Attachments

• A1E7F69D-FB55-41D9-B7A2-EE60E68F0760.jpeg
    A1E7F69D-FB55-41D9-B7A2-EE60E68F0760.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 49
I've found that ignoring the material you dislike has a similar effect. It's not an easy strategy when you've spent your life being a fan of something, but to my mind it's the only effective way to deal with the problem. Once you have enough distance it gets easier too. I'm mostly ignorant of what's going on with the franchises near and dear to my heart. I know what stories matter and pretend the rest don't even exist. Unless I know the person well enough I typically avoid in depth discussion of the new material, mostly because I'm pretty unaware of what's happening, but also because I can't stop the new material existing in the first place. Ignorance can be bliss.

I'm frustrated with the direction they've taken with so many things and continuing stories far past their natural conclusion, but I've wasted so many years being angry about it that I'm not willing to spend much more on it. I've also made a concerted effort to not financially support (to the best of my ability) companies who have utterly ruined their own IP. Any official merchandise (what scarce pieces I own) I buy secondhand from other collectors so as to not give my money directly to the IP holder.

Money is the only thing that motivates these corporations so I won't give them what they want. Some of these stories are finished. Not only because they were written appropriate endings decades ago, but because the ones who decided they needed to be continued have altered them into unrecognizable facsimiles that aren't worth my time.

I've come to enjoy watching reaction videos of people experiencing the films and shows I grew up loving for the very first time and they too have become fans because of the brilliant story telling. It's a way for me to relive that excitement I felt the first time I saw these stories unfold and reframes my thinking on the subject by recalling the timeless nature of quality fiction. It also helps cancel out the bad memories of watching these classics being destroyed by corporate zombies or propaganda masquerading as art.

If I'm lucky, God willing, I'm halfway through my time on this earth. I can't be wasting any more of my time with stories that no longer serve me. Fiction and recreation should serve you. Not the other way around. Your time here is precious. Make sure you're spending it wisely.

I've found that ignoring the material you dislike has a similar effect. It's not an easy strategy when you've spent your life being a fan of something, but to my mind it's the only effective way to deal with the problem. Once you have enough distance it gets easier too. I'm mostly ignorant of what's going on with the franchises near and dear to my heart. I know what stories matter and pretend the rest don't even exist. Unless I know the person well enough I typically avoid in depth discussion of the new material, mostly because I'm pretty unaware of what's happening, but also because I can't stop the new material existing in the first place. Ignorance can be bliss.

I'm frustrated with the direction they've taken with so many things and continuing stories far past their natural conclusion, but I've wasted so many years being angry about it that I'm not willing to spend much more on it. I've also made a concerted effort to not financially support (to the best of my ability) companies who have utterly ruined their own IP. Any official merchandise (what scarce pieces I own) I buy secondhand from other collectors so as to not give my money directly to the IP holder.

Money is the only thing that motivates these corporations so I won't give them what they want. Some of these stories are finished. Not only because they were written appropriate endings decades ago, but because the ones who decided they needed to be continued have altered them into unrecognizable facsimiles that aren't worth my time.

I've come to enjoy watching reaction videos of people experiencing the films and shows I grew up loving for the very first time and they too have become fans because of the brilliant story telling. It's a way for me to relive that excitement I felt the first time I saw these stories unfold and reframes my thinking on the subject by recalling the timeless nature of quality fiction. It also helps cancel out the bad memories of watching these classics being destroyed by corporate zombies or propaganda masquerading as art.

If I'm lucky, God willing, I'm halfway through my time on this earth. I can't be wasting any more of my time with stories that no longer serve me. Fiction and recreation should serve you. Not the other way around. Your time here is precious. Make sure you're spending it wisely.
Good point. That said: can we still delete Lady Gaga? :D

Last edited:
Indiana Jones: KOTCS

RDM’s Battlestar Galactica, half of season 1 and most of everything after season 3

The sequel trilogy, Book of Boba Fett, and Kenobi

At least one of my ex-girlfriends

Terminator 3 and on

The CGI in The Mummy Returns where the Rock is attached to a scorpion’s body

About half of the Marvel films and ALL Disney+ series

Everything in my professional life the last year

Anything in the 007 films that indicates Bond is a family name and not a cover used by several generations of spies

About half of the disgusting things I’ve witnessed

Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, and Adam Sandler

Will Smith

Taylor Swift

Ellen Degeneres

The taste of onions

Definitely Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Fortunately never even bothered watching Rise.

Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy VII just so I could play them again from a blank slate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back