The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

I'm not sure on the exact link as I'm on my phone right now, but I have put a link to a forum on my website and first youtube video that really goes into detail about the scaling. There are a few different methods to chose from as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Re: scaling help

Yes, I second the above. Use designer, and measure in mm. You can only do one measurement because it scales the rest to the one measurement, so sometimes you have to do a bit of RL modification too. I found the forearm piece finicky. I had to chop off a few sections and frankenstein it back together because once it was long enough, it was also too wide. (I put some pictures on my tumblr: The Ironman Project)

Oh and I used HaloGoddess's scaling tutorial, which is somewhere here on therpf but I'm not on my own computer so don't have the link. Just do a Google search for "HaloGoddess pepakura scaling therpf" and it should be the first hit.

Re: scaling help

I've used HaloGoddess scaling tutorial to scale pieces for Dancin_Fool's Ironman MKIII foam suit. Lets just say every piece I did was either to big or way to small. Ex.... I measured from my ankle to the top of my knee for Ironman's shin. It was 17" converted it to mm which was 427mm. Typed that into height, then printed. Piece came out so small that I couldn't even fit my foot into it. So decided to try the forearm. Used HaloGoddess method again (wrist to elbow 10"-254mm) that piece ended up being way to big. I'm getting really frustrated with the scaling in Pepakura designer. Is there any way to scale with out printing over and over again?

Hello everyone! I am not too new to pepakura. I am a game and design student so I am good with 3d max. I have made my own clone wars trooper mask and I am about to start my first foam build of war machine. , just ordered my foam so in a few days I should start on it...

Hey dude, on youtube there are video tutorials on pepakura for both foam and fiberglass. They where/are, made buy STEALTH called "The Hero Tutorials". Very talented and the videos are great for us first timers. Lots of great info on everything from materials and step buy step on what to do.

cheers man! yeah i found them and now have pepped up a real nice looking iron man extremis helmet! its not perfect yet but it looks class!

pardon my noobness..

but when your folding the pep tabs.. the dotted lines are folded down so that the fold is on top? and the dash/dots are folded up so that the fold is on the botton and it forms a valley?

Is it normal to lose all feeling in one of my fingers from cutting pep pieces all day? I seriously have lost all the feeling in my right ring finger.

hey guys
i had a question... i want to make a custom pepakura file, how do i build one?
you need to make a 3d model, then import it into pepakura designer, and unfold it

hey there!

anyone here have a basic foam helmet base for sentai (power ranger) helmets?
thanks in advance
check out The Printable Armory

pardon my noobness..

but when your folding the pep tabs.. the dotted lines are folded down so that the fold is on top? and the dash/dots are folded up so that the fold is on the botton and it forms a valley?
dotted lines are mountain folds, the others valley folds

..... = ^
._._._. =V

the point is allways the fold

Is it normal to lose all feeling in one of my fingers from cutting pep pieces all day? I seriously have lost all the feeling in my right ring finger.

yes, yes it is. generally my index finger is also swelling to twice its size due to needing to apply pressure for the cuts.

try foam, thats even worse ;)

Last question for now.. I just finished all the pieces except for two for the green ranger helm and i cannot figure out how to properly cut these out.. here's a screen shot..

ztxeo4.jpg

, the red lines are where you should cut. Normally, a good unfold doesnt have this problem. Ideally, some of the tabs shouldve been added to the centre piece to promote a better bond.

bXFxLBzQ

well I finished putting it together, it isn't perfect.. had some issues in a few places, so its "off" slightly.. i'm hoping I can fix them in the fiberglass/bondo stage.

I am not sure if this is an appropriate post here or not, but I figured this was as good as place as any. I want to try and make a pep iron man helmet for my son's birthday in September. However, I have a Mac and don't know how to open the pdo files. I saw on page 2 or 3 that someone mentioned using a pdf file that would be able to be opened on the mac. However, I was unable to find it, and quite frankly, overwhelmed by the large number of pages and threads concerning iron man type stuff.

If someone could help me, or point me in the right direction , I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

If you have Designer, you can set the flap width to a smaller value, say 3 or 4 mm. Or otherwise, I'd trim the flaps to about 1/3 to 1/3 of what they are showing as in the diagram. Also, I'd do the scoring of the folds before cutting anything out. What I've been doing lately is to use a pin to mark the ends of the valley folds (dot-dash lines) and then scoring them from the other side of the card. More work, but a nice crisp fold. Hope this helps.

anyone know how to fix this? Its made these pieces impossible to put together.

e7nx2o.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back