The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

anyone know how to fix this? Its made these pieces impossible to put together.
Impossible? I've assembled hundreds of pieces like that. Literally - and I mean literally in the dictionary sense of the word - hundreds. It is not only completely possible, it's frequently required.

i dont see a problem there
Me either. Seriously...it's a piece of paper. Cut it. Trim it. Glue it. Use other pieces of paper to fill in gaps. Re-print selected pages so you can re-do parts you screw up. Cut off overly large or extraneous tabs. You're not bound by law to use the lines that are printed. Use some logic and exercise your problem solving skills. Learn how to use the software. If the problem is that the numbers are hard to read, the program will gladly show you where the part belongs if you spend approximately 4.7 seconds asking Google how to do it.

It's not rocket science...it's gluing bits of paper together. I'm continually astonished at the amount of effort people are willing to put into making a righteous cluster**** out of it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've gotten more accustomed to it now, this being the first time I've ever tackled anything like this. It is indeed not rocket science but its easy to end up with a lopsided piece if you not careful. I made the mistake of cutting all the pieces out before hand, which just made things harder.

Sorry for the snarky reply, wholesomejoe. I'm usually much better at discerning between the folks who are trying to learn and the folks who just can't be bothered to learn, and I screwed up this time. I apologize, and please don't let my bad attitude and generally jaded nature get in the way of your progress. :)

It's all good.. I almost replied in the same manner, but then I thought.. nah.. that won't solve anything. I appreciate it though. It's definitely a fun method for making stuff. I'm on the resin stage now, so hopefully the next time I go to do it.. I'll know all the quirks. I called myself doing enough reading before hand to make sure I had everything down, but the numbers thing caught me off guard, and had I not cut out all the pieces before hand it would have been a lot easier to just piece it together. Near the end I just stopped using the numbers all together and just used the software to figure out what was what.

Thanks again for all you guys help.

I have gleaned so much knowledge from these forums, it's unreal. I've been reading everything I can find and watching tutorials for weeks and am now starting my own foam pep project.

So, since I'm using foam, how precise do my cuts on the paper templates that I will trace need to be? I get a bit worried every time I cut into the black lines a little. Are all these little mistakes going to add up to a whole suit of slightly misshapen parts? I never see close-up pics of peoples' cut-out templates before they create amazing things, so I don't know how justified this is. I really don't want to waste time on this part if I'm just being a perfectionist weirdo.

I hope this isn't a RTFM obvious question, I didn't find anything on it with the search terms I used.

Coming from a card stock perspective, all the little errors get fixed with hot glue and Bondo. That being said, it takes more work in that stage, but not much more.

Thanks! Getting to step 10 and realizing you messed up fundamentally at step 1 is the worst and I'm hoping to avoid it as much as I can... without spending all my time on step 1.

I have the latest version of Pep viewer and Designer (free version). There doesn't appear to be a re-sizing tool in the viewer, but in designer, I'm unable to rotate the model. Am I doing something wrong? The last time I used Pep was a few years ago, and I don't remember having this problem...

I have the latest version of Pep viewer and Designer (free version). There doesn't appear to be a re-sizing tool in the viewer, but in designer, I'm unable to rotate the model. Am I doing something wrong? The last time I used Pep was a few years ago, and I don't remember having this problem.

I am fairly new to pepakura so I know I don't know everything. But I know viewer does not have a resize feature, that's why I bought designer. With designer I had the same problem until I figured out you right click on the model and then you can rotate. I'm not sure if that is the problem you're having, so I thought I would put in my two cents.

Ha. I beat my head against the wahl trying to figure out the same thing. Yep right click to rotate model (3D) or pan (2D).

Please forgive me if this has been asked previously . . . but is there a way to see if anyone can/will create a pep file for a certain thing - or make a request for such somewhere?

In my case, I'm very much wishing for a pep file for a Armored Flash (from DC Universe Online).

As a noob to the RFA, I'm just wondering what the protocol is for this.

THANKS !!!

TOM

I am totally new to all this. Like many others I tried making an Iron Man helmet. I realize its not the easiest thing to start with, but I gave it a go. The result was better than I expected but still not good enough.

I am now wondering if anyone has any tips for something better to start with. Is there any helmet-thingy that is better for a beginner? I still want it to be something fun so it motivates me...

Please forgive me if this has been asked previously . . . but is there a way to see if anyone can/will create a pep file for a certain thing - or make a request for such somewhere?

In my case, I'm very much wishing for a pep file for a Armored Flash (from DC Universe Online).

As a noob to the RFA, I'm just wondering what the protocol is for this.

THANKS !!!

TOM
look through the junkyard there are some modelers there, looking for commissions. its not free tho

I am totally new to all this. Like many others I tried making an Iron Man helmet. I realize its not the easiest thing to start with, but I gave it a go. The result was better than I expected but still not good enough.

I am now wondering if anyone has any tips for something better to start with. Is there any helmet-thingy that is better for a beginner? I still want it to be something fun so it motivates me...

I know how you feel. I started making a helmet from Mass Effect and got frustrated. So I stopped with that and made the mask from Army of Two. It went together rather quickly. I did the resin and fiberglass now all I have to do is the bondo. Then I will paint it and it will be part of my Halloween costume. I plan to paint it white and wear my black hooded cape and it should be an interesting costume. Now all I have to do is come up with a name for it....LOL

I'm new to pepakura and I don't know how to scale up to the size I need would anyone be willing to walk me through the process of what size I need and how to get there?

Would Pepakura run on a netbook?

Hi, anyone out there running pepakura designer on a net book? I'm a Mac guy and dont have enough HD space to instal and run windows on my iMac. So I was thinking, what if I got a net book, would that run it? I looked on the pepakura website to try to find minimum system requirements, but couldn't find any. So cyberpeeps what say thee, can pepakura designer run on a basic netbook?

Re: Would Pepakura run on a netbook?

I would think so, yes. I've run it on desktops, desktops and netbooks. No troubles so far!

Try out the free viewer first. If that runs, you should be fine!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back