Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin now Available:

9 Pages

70475395.png

Left

Right

Last edited:
ohh... kay. as someone who is pretty involved with building an actual "iron man" suit, I can tell you it's much more complicated than this, and much more expensive.

not gonna happen. sorry bud.

I know someone who is building a functional, hydraulically powered suit, with gizmos and everything. and you can't just slap a bunch of steel together for 100 bucks and get what you want out of it. while the full weight of the steel won't be totally crushing you, you still have to move the whole thing. and tony's suit is made out of a gold titanium alloy, and THAT'S 200lbs. steel is MUCH heavier.

Shadowgb,

I see in your eyes the same doubt that would take the heart of me. A day may come when this project fails, when we watch IronPatriot break all bones - and then explode - but it is not this day. This day we watch! By all that you hold dear on this good forum, I bid you stand, Men of the RPF!

In other words, keep reality out of the thread for now. Watch, and wait.

As someone who wears fill full contact metal armour on the Medieval battlefields of England I can honestly say it's not the weight that will restrict this build it's the articulation, lick that problem and this project will be firmly back on track ;)

I think it would be really cool if you could get a metal suit together, even if it was static and just looked bad a$$. Keep on it man and keep the updates coming. :thumbsup

TORSO DONE (except ribs)

As you know, I've had a problem with them, so I'm trying to do the separately...

38 Pages

39950855.jpg

Download Here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ribs:

2 Pages

42602677.jpg

Download Here

Just know that it was VERY DIFFICULT, and it still isnt perfect... Mabey I'll be able to fix it in the future... mabey not. The ribs for some reason, had more faces in them ALONE, than most of the other suit's parts COMBINED....

That's why it wouldnt unfold right...

Last edited:
Yup... the Mark III.

Though, Mark 2 & 3 are similar, there ARE distinct differences. This one is Mark 3.

- As for DISTINCT, Mark 1 and 5 are really 1-offs. The mark 2 is like 3, and the Mark 4 is like 6.

But no one's making mark 1 nor 5... THAT I KNOW OF...

ok thanks very much...your work is perfect...i know i was searcing for weeks to find files from mark 1 and 5 iron man suits but the only i've got ise the mark5 helmet

Just know that the unfolds DO have some imperfections, so, it'll take a skilled papercrafter to cut and tape the suit together, to make it work. (it's my 1st one, gimme a break)

I dont want anyone getting mad at me, cuz there's a part missing, or unfolded wrong or something, so, just use a high-attention to detail before PRINTING.

Other than that,... Happy Costuming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im working on trying to get a Mark 6, so I can unfold it too... I'll keep you updated on that.

31566888.jpg

Last edited:
so what's the update/progress? everything has deviated from the original topic...now its going to be a mk6? :(

hey man ....your files are awesome ....yesterday i tried to pep some of them (iron man) but i realised that there ise a problem ..some of the pieces are not on the white paper but somewhere near it so these pieces can not be printed

i want to show you some pics but i don't know how

also when i try to view the files at pepakura designer ther is a passport request ....
i don't know what to do and i need the files
please show me how to show you the pics on a post...
:D :cry
i already have an account at potobucket..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back