The Iron Patriot Costume - build progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely cool....reminds me of Yves Rossy (sans wing needed to get enough lift to fly at this power to weight ratio)

Yves-Rossy-460_998352c.jpg

lol so SO many bad things would come of using that...

Ask yourself these VERY important questions if you decide to use that (very uncool looking in my opinion) Rocket booster backpack...

1. How will you stabalize flight?
2. How will you NOT fry the lower part of your body from the exhaust wash?
3. How will you turn Vertical lift into Horizontal flight?
4. How will you stabalize said lift and flight?
5. Most important of all, how will you not turn into an impact crater upon landing, after either your fuel runs out, or you turn into an up-ended rocket when trying to move from horizontal lift to vertical flight, and end up blasting head first back to earth?

In other words... SAFETY should be a priority before cost... actually, common sense should be THE priority... but we have already seen how well you receive that...

I have this pepped at 4" across. I'm thinking carbon fiber mabey? To save costs and weight.

fan1it.jpg

:love

I don´t want to mess you but if you´re planning to do a flight system like that I´ll suggest you to check at rcgroups diy turbines for rc, to see real thrust and such (a lot of things to keep in mind to fly with one of this, I can tell you for sure as rc designer and flyer enthusiast). Second thing I´ll suggest you to do is to watch again Rocketeer and see what will happen to you... (manequin test scene)

Anyway good luck!

I am just dumbfounded... his PM to me in defense of my questions... i am just STUNNED. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just dumbfounded... his PM to me in defense of my questions... i am just STUNNED. ...

Hey wisesky, please take the time and read the thread from beginning to end. If you find a post that I made, then please read it thoroughly.

And now let´s get back on topic, everyone lean back, and see what Iron Patriot can come up with. Less commenting, less head scratching, more watching, it´s better for everyone´s health, nerves, membership record and what not.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

GUYS, let him build his suit. We are not his parents or insurance company so anything he wants to build, fly, crash, not build or just talk about is his right.

Like Man From Naboo wrote: Let's just watch.

Hey Iron Patriot... I hope you would like some advice on the modeling your showing. Just a few tips if I may. Based on the yellow and green areas where we can see the polys' I think these are still too high a poly count to be effective in pep.. but thats your call. What I would like to point out is the deformation on the top edge of the yellow area. Particularly on the iside shot there appear to be many triangles just sort of "hanging" there for no reason, I noticed the same thing in your helmet. These really serve no purpose and will make unfolding and even the bondo work a nightmare. I would really work on cleaning up all the extra polys that "poke through" the others (just deleting these and welding the remaining points together should simplify things for you). Also, any of the pieces that overlap (I see some yellow into the blue, and the grey really into the blue in particular) will make assembly a nightmare. And the last thing is that it appears you have a bump map applied to the "sole" of the boots. This serves no purpose in pep and just increases file sizes.

I'm not criticising here, just trying to help with your modeling.

IP just got a Birthday Present:

HD Mark III, Low Polycount.

low1b.jpg

low2b.jpg

low3b.jpg

GOD IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW ! ! !

I think what i'm gonna do with this one, is make a 1:1 Statue, cuz.. GOD, it looks soo good!

It looks like it'll be easy pepping, so i'm gonna get started...

low2c.jpg

statue1.png

- It would be cool to put some kind of ADJUSTABLE skeleton in it, so I can chane it's POSE.... Most people Just make a statue, and leave it the way it is.... I'd basically be making a 6-FOOT TALL ACTION FIGURE !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Just finished both Boots:

boot1.jpg

Last edited:
I CAN'T wait to see your steel iron man suit, master chief suit AND 6' tall Iron Man action figure! If anyone can fit a 4th unbelievable project on top of that, it's you!

...That'll probably be War Machine. And I dunno about the Master Chief one. I was just trying my hand at pepping,... but i dunno. Mabey I'll make it when the others are done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

Anyone doing any Whiplash or Hammertech Drone .PDOs?

Or Mark V? (except the helmet, i already have that)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, I just found this:

http://sectionsixteen.freeforums.org/iron-patriot-wip-t54-210.html

For the record, this dude aint me.

Last edited:
I have a SERIOUS question to all the peppers out there:

"How is it that your helmets are taking as much as 15-20 sheets of paper?"

When done, My helm only needs 7 pages:

75114042.jpg

That seems more like bragging than asking a question. What happened to the STEEL? Are you still within your budget? What is the next step after the lower leg and foot cage you were doing? (Those are serious questions)

And, I just found this:

Section-Sixteen.com • View topic - Iron Patriot WIP

For the record, this dude aint me.

For a second I was really scratchin´ my noggin there :lol:lol:lol

Regarding the paper, your unfolded 3d model won´t work, that´s why yours uses less paper.

You´re having not enough space between planes that need to bend, and it looks like a lot of planes/tris/quads are overlapping in your unfold. Very noticeable with the red lines in the lower right corner, looks like you have very small details with a lot of very small flaps.

Since a lot of areas of the IM helmet need some slight bend which is achieved by small gaps being closed when parts are assembled, and you don´t have those gaps, you will notice a lot of stress in certain areas. You can of course try to compensate for the missing gaps by doing incisions and using tape to cover those gaps, but I am not sure how far that really will take you.

You should start to do a test with what you have before being too disappointed that it didn´t work out ;)

Michael

Unfolding Progress:

56 Pages:

2 Shoulders
2 Biceps
2 Elbows
2 Forearms
2 Wrist Armors
2 Boots
2 Hands
10 Fingers
1 Helmet
1 Neck

prog1d.jpg

Unfolding Progress:

56 Pages:

2 Shoulders
2 Biceps
2 Elbows
2 Forearms
2 Wrist Armors
2 Boots
2 Hands
10 Fingers
1 Helmet
1 Neck

prog1d.jpg

Good job done!

Just one question, are you going to share any of this files?

And second question, are you still working on the steel armor project?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back