The Iron Patriot Costume - build progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably think we are needling you, but even RDJ's head fit comfortably in that helmet. Keep that in mind. It is not supposed to mash your head into it. Right now, you have yours fitting super snugly and you said it is a "little difficult getting in/out of." Now imagine that with ear caps and such. It is not supposed to be "Face fitting". Go a wee bit bigger, man.

Also, imagine it being made of steel and about 20 times heavier too.

lol...

if i resin it, it'll be smaller? question: AM I RESINING THE INSIDE, OR OUTSIDE?

Bigger issue to think about: WHO SAID I WAS GOING TO USE RESIN?

I dont recall ever saying that.

lol...

if i resin it, it'll be smaller? question: AM I RESINING THE INSIDE, OR OUTSIDE?

Hey IP. So, if you're building a "real" ironman costume, I want you to think about something.

Regardless of how we define "real" (made of metal, made to enhance strength, made to let you fly. For any of those, this next part is true), you need room to fit stuff between your head and your helmet's shell.

It doesn't matter if that stuff is padding, hinges, electronics, or sophisticated computer systems.

Here, look:

fyINZ.jpg

See how much wider and taller the helmet is than Tony's head? You've got to over size everything, so that you have room to put it on when it's rigid, take it off, and also fit all the other stuff that goes in there.

Without the rest of the suit on, the helmet should make you look like a bobble head.

V0wTn.jpg

See? Look how much bigger it is than his head.

It's even bigger than his head + his ruffled up hair.

Good luck!
_________ \
q6hTI.png

Last edited:
Hey IP. So, if you're building a "real" ironman costume, I want you to think about something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(sigh).... it's not a " C O S T U M E ".

"It's not a piece of Equipment. I'm in it. It's a Suit.... It's Me ! "

- Tony Stark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And secondly... WHO CARES??? It's proportional, depending on the point of view...

Let me work, people !

So, CinnamonB posts a justified recommendation and actually tries to help and you say "WHO CARES???" and "Let me work, people !" If you're not going to take any advice or even answer half of the posters in this thread, why are you even posting a thread? This is a FORUM for discussion. Not a blog site where you can just post pics of your progress and ignore other users and worse, disrespect the ones who are actually trying to give you their insight and help you. Some guys are actually trying to help you get your project done so that you don't have to start over every few months!

Oh, i'm sorry...i'm sorry...
let me re-phrase that:

SHUT UP, AND LET ME BUILD !

God... what is it with this build. is it a loser-magnet?

Why dont all you HATERS go screw up someone else's thread for a change.

What a bunch of whiners... GOD...

I try to stick to the build, and you all wanna bittch

I've already left thgis build twice because of you snivelling women, who are just jealous of my talent and devotion to something you all cant even fathom.

RPF staff has even told you all to just stick to the topic... BUT NO....

bittch, bittch, bittch....

Get a life, and stop trying to crush me. It aint gonna happen.

Last edited:
(sigh).... it's not a " C O S T U M E ".

yet the very name of the thread is.... Iron Patriot Costume. :wacko

What's the point of posting here if you're unwilling to accept constructive criticism?

Contrary to what you may believe, there has been a lot of people trying to help you. You're a talented metal worker, yet all you have managed to do is dismiss their help, and tell them to **** off. Not cool man.

That's just my 2 cents which I'm sure will be lumped with the other complainers because we just don't get it.

and circumventing the language filter is not a good idea, it's disrespectful.

lol...

Oh, My bad.

Coat it with MILK for all I care. It's not going fit anyway.
Your ignorance won't even listen to people trying to help you.
Good luck building it again.
:thumbsup

I've already left thgis build twice because of you snivelling women, who are just jealous of my talent and devotion to something you all cant even fathom.

wow...

Last edited:
i'd forgotten how annoying this thread is....

it should just be removed for developing into a public nuisance every couple of weeks.

it's an eyesore on the forum...

Hey folks,

looks like we can´t continue this thread, so its locked.

I must say that while there is a lot of basic trolling going on, followed by flaming, from new and old members alike, there won´t be any repercussions this time. Huge exception.

I feel the need to point out though that this thread will stay up as an example of how not to do it. If we find a thread by the OP that develops in a similar manner, and we see people posting in the same style they posted in this thread here, we have no other choice as to see those posts as actual trolling.

If you don´t like the OP, simply stay out of his threads and put him on ignore.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back