The Iron Patriot Costume - build progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how many times I have to say it.

DO NOT USE THE DESIGNER.

The Modeller DOES NOT WANT ANYONE TO BE ABLE TO COPY HIS MODEL ! ! !

Hence, The PassWord.

Now, as for Photobucket:

1. Login, and click "UPLOAD NOW"

rpf1.jpg

2. Click "SELECT PHOTOS AND VIDEOS"

rpf2.jpg

3.Choose which picture you want.

rpf3.jpg

4. Click on it.

rpf4.jpg

5. Click in the box next to "DIRECT LINK", and it should automatically COPY the link for you.

rpf5.jpg

6. Back on RPF, type your message and click on the little image box.

rpf6.jpg

- In a PM message, just PASTE the link to the photo, and i'll check it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, now that that's settled understand, that for simple little detail parts, as I started previously, an EXPERIENCED paper costumer will be able to EASILY cut out the nessesary part(s).

But if you need a specific part that's not in the PRINTABLE-SECTION, PM-me, and I'll see what I can do.

You´re doing a big work, a lot of hours in it. But I must say your pep files aren´t as good as they can be. I don´t know if you have noticed that a lot of edges in your pieces of paper, in the models, doesn´t mismacht with their neighbor and also are not connected.

It would be easier to work with them if you can fix it, but sadly it must be done in a 3d cad sw so sadly again if you fix it you will need to unfold it all again.

...doesn´t mismacht with their neighbor and also are not connected.

It would be easier to work with them if you can fix it, but sadly it must be done in a 3d cad sw so sadly again if you fix it you will need to unfold it all again.

You can connect and disconnect edges in Pepakura itself. But if faces are missing, that´s a different issue. I love to take a model and reconnect the edges to my liking, reorganizing an unfold, since most automatic unfolds are crud.

Michael

You can connect and disconnect edges in Pepakura itself. But if faces are missing, that´s a different issue. I love to take a model and reconnect the edges to my liking, reorganizing an unfold, since most automatic unfolds are crud.

Michael

I never knew it, I always fixed my models in the 3d sw :confused

But anyway in pepapura viewer it can´t be done :confused

I never knew it, I always fixed my models in the 3d sw :confused

But anyway in pepapura viewer it can´t be done :confused

Huh? How did you create your unfolds when you only have the viewer? And no, the viewer can´t do it, designer definitely is worth it´s money.

... Wow. What a frenzy... ok:

@ jimkotefas:

Like I said, those pieces can simply be cut out with a pair of scissors, in your un-used paper. No need to have them PRINTED out first.

The reason I didnt leave them on the pages, is because they have so many faces, it will take forever to organize them, and prepare them to print.

It's just easier for everyone if you cut out the part, with some extra paper atached to it, to fold back. See what i mean? :

cut1j.jpg

im curious as to why you steered away from making files for the iron patriot and chose to go with iron man

theres so much I feel the need to say about the quality of these unfolds, but won't for fear of hurting feelings....so I'll do the cliff notes version

- model still to hi-res
- all the pieces left out make me wonder how much has been left out that's key to the models structural integrity
- the lack of flaps makes most pieces useless , and the 'do it yourself' line is just as useless
- perhaps you could try and not half ass it as much and these might be useable, clearly there's a knowledge/ability barrier in producing these pep files, perhaps going with something a bit more simple might be best

I've tried to be helpful with your pm's but these do need a lot work before being of any use....

@ Sleeping Lionheart:

What do you suggest?

My original suit idea for IronPatriot, WAS EXACTLY THAT: An Ironman suit.

How did I steer away from it?

I'm still doing work on it, and by making these files, i'm expanding the design aspects of what I can do to my suit, to make it look unique (one of a kind)... you know?

What's not "IronPatriot"-ish? The fact it's not comic-book based or something? what?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ jimkotefas:

Dude... seriously. OK?

Just parts i felt were un-nessesary. Do this: Tkae a screen shot of the part that you want, fix it with microsoft paint, (color and if it's over lapping with another part), then, screen shot an empty page from the viewer,... THEN, paste the image of the screenshoted part you want, ONTO the empty page, then print it out....

Man. How is this difficult? I dont get it...

moda1.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Robo:

That's as low-poly as it'll go. I cant get it any lower.

So I guess the people who want to use it will just have to suffer. I dont know what to tell anyone.... I'm not having too problems with the models...

I made an F-22 Raptor one, and sure,... some mess up's, but i was able to fix them all with tape and paper... And for the record:

YES, Thos are REAL $100 Bills...

img0923t.jpg

Last edited:
if that's as low poly as you can get it then that just further supports my theory...

also you seem unwilling to try and improve your files and anyone be damned if they try and tell you to....as usual your attitude is terrible

that ms paint 'solution' you gave would have to be one of the most pathetic and useless things I've read in a long while, if you can't be bothered putting in the effort to make these usuable then just don't bother....

@halopepakura: I believe the intention was to make him appear superior to us (cos no one else could possibly have $100 bills, let alone be so bold as to place them on a bit of paper craft), but I feel it's achieved the opposite

And with that I bow out of this thread yet again, IronPatriot I won't be replying to any of your future pm's as any suggestions I've given you just seem to go to waste

haha, isn't that twice the original budget?

IronPatriot: if the model you are using is too high res (as many people have told you before) then you can't just throw pieces to the side and expect it to work, it won't. You also can't just get rid of the tabs so that you can say your files take the least pages. They're going to take a lot more because anybody that can be bothered trying to make these will have to cut out tabs over other parts, then print those parts out again.

And expecting people to use screenshots of MS Paint to finish your work, seriously? You have to be joking.

@ Robo:

That's as low-poly as it'll go. I cant get it any lower.

So I guess the people who want to use it will just have to suffer.

Why would anyone want to build these files if they have to suffer to do so? Why not just use any of the well made, finished files out there that will actually work?

i thought you were orignally trying to make the iron patriot suit as in the marvel character the iron patriot/norman osbourne. but if your doing your own take its all good

I can always just take the downlaodsd away.

Anyone want me to do that?

Those of you that are being jerks, just keep it up.

See what happens.

Ruin it for everyone else. I dont care... it's ALL on YOU.

What's the point of posting here if you're unwilling to accept constructive criticism?

Contrary to what you may believe, there has been a lot of people trying to help you. Yet all you have managed to do is dismiss their help, and tell them to deal with it. Not cool man.

That's just my 2 cents which I'm sure will be lumped with the other complainers because we just don't get it.

But man does this thread get better by the day! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back