The Empire Strikes Back - Snowtrooper

very nice! just a little advice: maybe you could do something with the sleeves to close them so no one can see your arms. or longer gloves could work too, but maybe an elastic band put into the sleeve would work very well. anything else looks pretty perfect in my opinion. Alles Gute!

hinrich

very nice! just a little advice: maybe you could do something with the sleeves to close them so no one can see your arms. or longer gloves could work too, but maybe an elastic band put into the sleeve would work very well. anything else looks pretty perfect in my opinion. Alles Gute!

hinrich

Yeah that's a problem at the moment. Saw this after the shooting on the finished pictures. Try to update this! :)

Thanks to all for your really cool feedback! :)

Yeah that's a problem at the moment. Saw this after the shooting on the finished pictures. Try to update this! :)

Thanks to all for your really cool feedback! :)

What I do is ensure that the cuff of my duster sits inside the plastic cuff of my forearm pieces, and the gloves cover the rest.

Awesome Snowtrooper man! I just took delivery of a MonCal Snowy helmet myself, very accurate and beautifully crafted . . . looks so damn cool with my other helmets, love it!

Got a new Duster this week, which matchs the color of the armor. Looks really fantastic to me.
Big thanks to the seamstress in Germany. I will post better pictures later...sorry its taken with my mobile :D

20150225142059o23xjmydh8.jpg

Accurate weathering coming soon... :)

Youve done an amazing job on your Snowtrooper :thumbsup, im also going to be building a suit from MC, ordering a part every month :$ so will look back on this thread for reference.

Thanks guys for your feedback! :) The weathering is done with a black acryl color.

A duster is the same like a coat. ;)

Heya!

When you put the helmet together, what did you use for glue? I've got a TM TS helmet kit I'll be putting together soon and I was planning on using the standard E6000 to attach everything, but would be interested to hear from you how you connected them.
Derrek

Heya!

When you put the helmet together, what did you use for glue? I've got a TM TS helmet kit I'll be putting together soon and I was planning on using the standard E6000 to attach everything, but would be interested to hear from you how you connected them.
Derrek

Hi Derrek! :cool
I used the glue which MonCal recommended.

10853_zap-a-gap-quick-drying-adhesive-5-oz.jpg

But be careful, this glue is really fast and liquid!! I destroyed my mobilephonecase with it! But it's perfect to put the cowl on!! All the other stuff: E-6000!!

mysnowtrooperassembly12_zpsc6e99e1e.jpg

@ Derrek: Let me know if you need more input. ;)
@ Markus: Thanks so much! I hope i will get it a litte bit more accurate. I have to sew on the shoulders! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back